The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

25/F0.95 party...

M

MelanieC

I would be very interested if a focusing lever was indeed available, as I'm currently borrowing an Angenieux that I like very much and am considering purchasing but am somewhat put off by the difficulty in turning the focusing ring because it is so close to the camera body.

camping

you can make a focusing lever by using a plastic lock tie -- the same as the police use for handcuffing. These are available in black and are tied around the ring that you want to move -- place it so that you can still read the markings on the lens.

Paul

V

Vivek

The current RJ adapter for the Senko 25/0.95.

The Navitar needs some machining so that it can focus to infinity. This has nothing to do with the adapter but the rear of that lens hitting the sensor baffle (no such worries with a Senko).

zcream

Hi Vivek. I am buying a Navitar soon. I am hoping it has 16:9 coverage for video without vignetting. Would you mind posting a description about how to adapt the Navitar ?

Y.B.Hudson III

yehh... Hudson's how~to pics are locked in a defunct Lacie hard drive.

Let me know what camera you are planning to use and I'll walk you thru the conversion...:rolleyes:

zcream

:) Im using a GH1 but have not gotten my lens yet. So perhaps I could bug you again when I have it ?
yehh... Hudson's how~to pics are locked in a defunct Lacie hard drive.

Let me know what camera you are planning to use and I'll walk you thru the conversion...:rolleyes:

S

seb33

An Hommage to the upcomming Voightländer 25mm 0.95

http://vimeo.com/14440116

After having watched Philip Bloom's "The Pier: Test shots done with Noktor F0.95 50mm with Panasonic GF1" 5 month ago ( vimeo.com/10076013 ), it reminds me one of the last scene of one of my favorite movie "Blow Out" from Brian De Palma.
Then last june I have shot fireworks on the dock of Bordeaux, with my GH1 and C-mount Angenieux F0.95 25mm. This material was sleeping on my hard drive, still not edited.
Yesterday I've watched the beautiful "Bokeh" from Danny Cooke ( vimeo.com/14418909 ), and it reminded me those shot I have.

Anyway, before the upcoming Voigtländer MFT 25mm 0.95 ( eoshd.com/content/312-Voigtländer-brings-extreme-shallow-depth-of-field-to-GH1-with-world-s-fastest-25mm-lens ), this short fireworks bokeh F0.95 test is dedicated to Philip, Brian and Danny.

GH1 (before the hacked firmware)
720P
C-mount Angenieux F0.95 25mm
music from the Brian's De Palma movie "Blow Out" (Pino Donaggio)