The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A few ?? about my X-100

Martin S

Just received my X-100, and naturally I have a few questions.

1) Why does the OVF become so dark on image playback??

2) In EVF mode the image is darkened, almost as if it is doing stop down metering. Is this correct???

3) The histogram seems to come and go, and is not visible in playback. Is this normal, or is there a work around??

4) The Fuji RAW conversion software seems awful. Any comments??

That is all for now, I am sure more questions will occur to me after more usage. I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks.

Martin

Godfrey

Just received my X-100, and naturally I have a few questions.

1) Why does the OVF become so dark on image playback??

2) In EVF mode the image is darkened, almost as if it is doing stop down metering. Is this correct???

3) The histogram seems to come and go, and is not visible in playback. Is this normal, or is there a work around??

4) The Fuji RAW conversion software seems awful. Any comments??

That is all for now, I am sure more questions will occur to me after more usage. I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks.

Martin
Regards raw processing, Lightroom 3.4 ...

Martin S

Thanks, Godfrey, for the DNG idea. It works, and has given me some use of Fuji RAW.
Still the converted images are quite large (69 Mbytes). How does this compare to native RAW???? Also, any image losses during this conversion??

Also, why are the playback images in the OVF so dark?? The regular pre-capture images are quite fine.

I assume the EVF images taken in sunlight are somehow displayed at stop down levels.

Still getting used to this excellent, but quirky camera.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Martin

jonoslack

Thanks, Godfrey, for the DNG idea. It works, and has given me some use of Fuji RAW.
Still the converted images are quite large (69 Mbytes). How does this compare to native RAW???? Also, any image losses during this conversion??
Hi Martin
I'm doing the DNG conversion because I'm using Aperture. The files are around 10mb. Are you sure that you are using the default settings in DNG conversion (see my other post about converting to Aperture to see a screenshot)

link to other post
All the best

Terry

You can change the brightness of the EVF. Go into LCD brightness in the menu while the EVF is active and you have choices from -5 to +5