The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji LX

jonoslack

Do you think it's medium format?
It looks huge!
Much bigger than an M9 for instance. (assuming that's a 3" LCD)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Jono has an excellent point:

Fuji claims “resolution and low noise will surpass the 35mm full size sensor”

Oh, dear

Keith

jonoslack

Other places say with some authority that it is APS-c.
HI Diane
Doesn't alter the fact that it appears to be huge . . . unless that hand is a specially dainty one, and the LCD is a particularly tiny one.

I do think it's interesting, and it looks like being good competition for Leica . . . but they have a huge mountain to climb here assuming that they have a new lens mount.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
There is a hot shoe in one of the pictures. My thoroughly unscientific "hold up an M9 and look at the hot shoe" comparator says that the Fuji is smaller than an M9. Too bad. :)

Best,

Matt

jonoslack

There is a hot shoe in one of the pictures. My thoroughly unscientific "hold up an M9 and look at the hot shoe" comparator says that the Fuji is smaller than an M9. Too bad. :)

Best,

Matt
Hi Matt
well - I don't have an M9 nearby to compare :). If you're right it must mean that the lens mount is quite small - which may or may not be a good thing (i.e. it might mean nice small lenses).

Diane B

Jono, I agree it looks huge LOL. Just repeating.... Others have said the same thing about the small hand. Lots of hope it would be FF but all the info on various sites say no.

C

cosinaphile

the hot shoe reference is valid , it is a fixed and known size , in fact i may measure mine to calculate a guesstimate on the lx dimensions and whereas the hands in the photos could be those of a hobbit for all we know

Lars

24x65 mm sensor? I can use my old Xpan Fuji lenses? Sweet!
And now back to reality...