The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Q

raist3d

Took these tonight in the expo of photos taken with cameras like Holga Plastic stuff.

Took these tonight on an expo of photos with Holga Plastic cameras -

ISO 6400:

- Raist

Last edited:

raist3d

Note, if you were just looking at this, flush your browser cache and reload the page. I changed the order and added one or two more photos.

- Raist

raist3d

Portrait of a friend in the sun and some clouds….

The portrait - I should have shot it at F1.9, not F3.5! Also I show up in the glasses, so not good. But a good idea of the range this camera has along with sharp.

- Raist

Knorp

Well , I think f3.5 places the portrait nicely in its surroundings, but admittedly it would have been über-cool when only the reflection in the glasses would give that away.
Q doing splendidly anyway.

Kind regards.

raist3d

I wonder how the new Kowa lenses will look like.

Anyhow, some coins from some window on a tower people somehow manage to get through a glass:

Complete food snapshot. But Just gives you an idea what the camera can do color/tone wise. Any highlight in this shot is recoverable. I like the color of the "burst" on the chair. Anyway, this is a Food SnapshotTM, not a photo:

- Raist

daveproctor

I bought the twin lens kit a couple of weeks ago and am still undecided with the Q

It is fabulous to use and size is excellent, especially given the control it offers.

I am struggling with the RAW files in Capture One and, too me, the cameras jpeg engine seems to do a better job than I can in Capture One. I always prefer to shoot RAW as, usually, it gives ultimately better IQ but I am struggling here.

Do you guys shoot RAW and, if so, what do you use to process the images. Alternatively is there anyone who uses out of camera JPEG's?

raist3d

I bought the twin lens kit a couple of weeks ago and am still undecided with the Q

It is fabulous to use and size is excellent, especially given the control it offers.

I am struggling with the RAW files in Capture One and, too me, the cameras jpeg engine seems to do a better job than I can in Capture One. I always prefer to shoot RAW as, usually, it gives ultimately better IQ but I am struggling here.

Do you guys shoot RAW and, if so, what do you use to process the images. Alternatively is there anyone who uses out of camera JPEG's?
I do both RAW and out of camera JPEGS. Starting to shoot RAW mainly with it, but some B&W stuff in JPEG.

Using Lightroom for the conversions.

- Raist

daveproctor

I've just imported some RAW files into LR and they do look MUCH better than the Capture One renderings. This is unusual as I normally find C1 the best application for RAW files.

May need to retying my workflow for the Q files

raist3d

I've just imported some RAW files into LR and they do look MUCH better than the Capture One renderings. This is unusual as I normally find C1 the best application for RAW files.

May need to retying my workflow for the Q files
Different raw converters can vary for different camera models. It's not uncommon.

- Raist

daveproctor

I know - it's just that Capture One has proved to be the best for every most of the other camera I've owned

Lightroom does seem to do a very good job though

K

K1D27H

Hello there.

As a long time lurker in this forum. I guess it is the time to contribute something.

Q with SMC Pentax DAL 55-300mm F4-5.8

raist3d

Hello there.

As a long time lurker in this forum. I guess it is the time to contribute something.

Q with SMC Pentax DAL 55-300mm F4-5.8
@K1D27H- Which adapter you using?

@Hakkalo- Where are you taking your pics?

- Raist

K

K1D27H

@K1D27H- Which adapter you using?

@Hakkalo- Where are you taking your pics?

- Raist
Oh, it is one of the adapters found on Ebay. Comes with a tripod collar and allow me to adjust aperture on lenses that do not have aperture rings. But it takes a bit of guesswork, however, as it has no indication of which aperture I am using. Try search the site with this>> rj pentax q adapter.

-Kid