The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I need a lens....

douglasf13

That ZM 18 just looks fantastic, Charlie. I've fought off purchasing one, since my CV 15 is a little wider and much smaller, but that ZM just has "it," from what I've seen.

HansenTsang

>>It's good.....pretty darn good......slight purple corners. M-mount can carry filters, LTM (usually a bit cheaper) can't.<<

Thanks, do you have any idea how heavy is the lens?

>>Sorry about your 16mm.....gives new meaning to the term "pancake". :ROTFL:<<

ROFLMAO!!! That's a good one. I should get away from the pancake lenses.:D

HansenTsang

>>the ZM 18 is another step up. A bit bigger though.<<

Wow, the 18 does look fantastic. I am really concern about the weight though. I have to do some surfing and find the weight on both.

Thanks for the image.

mbroomfield

On the 5N the 12mm VC is very good.. slight colour shift on the edges but usually not noticeable in a ablue sky.

Look at the screw mount, it's lighter than the M and the adapter is very light. (M 8oz/LTM 6.5ox)
The screw mount 15mm is even lighter and has less colour shift. The chart doesn't show the M mount weight but you could email Stephen and ask.
Voigtlander RF Leica Mount Lens Chart

ustein

Contributing Editor
Hello all,

Is the Voigtlander 15mm f4.5 Leica M mount any good to use in the Sony NEX? I thought I remember reading something about M lenses not too good on the digitals. I cannot remember what that was about.

Thanks in advance.
Do you get a live preview? What copter are you using?

Uwe

jlm

Workshop Member
i would make some sort of inflatable life preserver to protect the camera from falling

HansenTsang

>>On the 5N the 12mm VC is very good.. slight colour shift on the edges but usually not noticeable in a ablue sky.<<

Unfortunately I think f5.6 is a bit slow for all the motion I have in the air.

>>Look at the screw mount, it's lighter than the M and the adapter is very light. (M 8oz/LTM 6.5ox)<<

I am looking at the screw mount. I think the 15mm is 104 grams versus 156 grams for the M mount.

I am pretty sure I will get a 15mm to play. It is still twice the weight of the 16mm pancake but I am sure I have a machine that can lift it.

HansenTsang

Do you get a live preview? What copter are you using?

Uwe
I can if I want. I have to use a HDMI to video convertor. I have one and if I take the circuit board out of the case it is light but the foot print is large. After all those years I am getting very good in aiming from the ground by just looking at the machine.

I have quite a variety of machines. I use a few single main rotor helicopters and a few multi rotors. Depending on the location and occasion.

HansenTsang

>>and a far better investment :)<<

For land use definitely, for something that has a high risk of crashing, probably not.:D

>>for the heli i think the 16 is the best, to be honest--only 60 grams<<

Yes and cheaper to destroy.;)