The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Older Contax G2 lens....

R

rayman68

Has anyone made an adapter for these lenses for any camera? Most of these new 4/3 cams kind of look like a G2.

Thanks for any help,

Kelly

Leica 77

Has anyone made an adapter for these lenses for any camera? Most of these new 4/3 cams kind of look like a G2.

Thanks for any help,

Kelly
Hi rayman68,
I have been in touch with RJ of Jinfinance in Shanghai (eBay seller) during the past year or so. According to one of his latest communications I have, he will be soon completing the research/development phase for producing a Contax G lens adapter for the micro 4/3 cameras. All the best! :)

Howard

It would be great if RJ of Jinfinance actually produces a working adapter version for the Contax G lens but I am optimistic. In other forum threads, people more knowledgeable than me have indicated that there are significant technological challenges that may preclude the use of the Contax G lenses with any camera other than the original Contax G and G2. able to be overcome in an adapter. Since I have some of those fine Contax G ens, I hope the RJ proves the naysayers wrong.

Photomorgana

I think the problem is with the back elements sticking out too far. There will be a problem with 28mm and maybe 35mm lens as well. But there should be no problems with 50mm and up.
I remember older Sonnar 50mm f1.5 (yes, Sonnar f1.5, not Planar, strange I know) Good lens, good bokeh. The newer Distagon 28mm was an excellent lens too.

R

rayman68

Thanks guys. Wish i could put my 21 or 28mm on one of them.