The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

seakayaker

Klaus, love the blue color and shades of blue running through the "Blue mood.... (Delphinium)" bokehgraph!

Michiel great detail with a soft bokeh in the 'Hotflower" . . . . .

. . . . . the "Coolflower" bokehgraph grabs me, soft and colorful . . . . .

. . . . . thought I would take a shot of producing a bokeh shot with the Lumix G 7 - 14mm lens . . . . .

Violet Flowers

GF1 with Lumix G Vario 7 - 14mm f4 -- ISO 100 -- f/4 -- 1/125 -- 13mm

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

CROCOSMIA - 'Lucifer'

GF1 with Voigtlander S Nokton Aspherical 50mm f.5 -- ISO 100 -- f1.5 1/1000

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Crocosmia 'Lucifer' with Hummingbird

GF1 with Voigtlander S Nokton Aspherical 50mm f1.5 -- ISO 100 -- f1.5 -- 1/1000

. . . . . unexpected visitor while I was looking to compose a shot . . . . .

Got to snap off 3 photos, one a total blur, and two others before the hummingbird was gone in a flash . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Sidewalk - Red Rose

GF1 with Voigtlander S Nokton Aspherical 50mm f1.5 -- ISO 100 -- f1.5 -- 1/1600

. . . . . on the walk home this evening from work I passed a rose bush planted in the parking strip.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

m3photo

Re: Twigs & Vines

Michael, your Twigs & Vines bokehgraphs are beautiful!
Love the color with the soft circular Bokeh in the Twigs! . . . . . and love the clarity and hexagon shape bokeh in the vines!
Thank you kindly Dan. I wanted to show two types of bokeh examples with these although I had to "cheat" with one and use a non 4/3rds camera to do so.

Michiel Schierbeek

+1
Very well formulated! It is like looking into the past.
Some of these old lenses are very easy to dismantle and clean.
I don't know about this one, though.

Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

LAD Project Day #57 Part II
G1 + Nikon Ai 50/2

This is one from the archives and it also will be the last one from Part II of the LAD project. No time today.
Thanks everyone for looking and commenting. It is and was a great joy to do.
Especially in this thread where everybody is so eloquent and friendly. :)
I hope to continue with Part III later on.

I hope to post now and then in between.

Cheers, Michiel

- Buddysit -

Leica 77

LAD Project Day #57 Part II
G1 + Nikon Ai 50/2
This is one from the archives and it also will be the last one from Part II of the LAD project. No time today.
Thanks everyone for looking and commenting. It is and was a great joy to do.
Especially in this thread where everybody is so eloquent and friendly. :)
I hope to continue with Part III later on.
I hope to post now and then in between.
Cheers, Michiel
- Buddysit -
Hi Michiel,

Like so many people, I have immensely enjoyed your LAD Project (Part I and Part II). Many thanks for sharing your valuable time, energy, and great images with us. When you have a chance, will you be interested in discussing your personal insights into various lenses that you have used in your fabulous project? For example, can you share with us your thoughts on your most favorite bokeh lenses? On a personal note, I thank you for introducing to all of us the ISCO GOTTINGEN lens. It has become one of my most treasured lenses. All the best, Leica 77 :)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi Michiel,

Like so many people, I have immensely enjoyed your LAD Project (Part I and Part II). Many thanks for sharing your valuable time, energy, and great images with us. When you have a chance, will you be interested in discussing your personal insights into various lenses that you have used in your fabulous project? For example, can you share with us your thoughts on your most favorite bokeh lenses? On a personal note, I thank you for introducing to all of us the ISCO GOTTINGEN lens. It has become one of my most treasured lenses. All the best, Leica 77 :)

+10

Michiel, if you don't post now and then in between, I am sending a hit team over there to get you :deadhorse:

Leica's right, this project has led us to see so many different lenses from yourself, Raf, Dan, Klaus and others - it has been and still will be a treat to enjoy. I must have purchased a dozen lenses over the past six months - most of which I had not heard of before this series.

Start sorting out the lens candidates for Part 3, have a couple of beers and we will be waiting. :clap::clap::clap:

Keith

Leica 77

+10

Michiel, if you don't post now and then in between, I am sending a hit team over there to get you :deadhorse:
Leica's right, this project has led us to see so many different lenses from yourself, Raf, Dan, Klaus and others - it has been and still will be a treat to enjoy. I must have purchased a dozen lenses over the past six months - most of which I had not heard of before this series.
Start sorting out the lens candidates for Part 3, have a couple of beers and we will be waiting. :clap::clap::clap:
Keith
+20

I agree with Keith. Have a couple of (great Dutch) beers before your next post! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)

seakayaker

+20

I agree with Keith. Have a couple of (great Dutch) beers before your next post! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)
+ 30

Michael we all look forward to your continued contributions!

Leica landed the wonderful ISCO GOTTINGEN WESTROMAT 50mm f1.9 and I picked up the Carl Zeiss Jena MC Biometar 80mm f/2.8 after seeing one of your posts. Keith has picked a IGBW2835 plus a few more along the way . . . . . and I still have my eye out for the ISCO 50mm 1.9 myself.

Your lens a day project has been a very nice treat.

Thanks to all that contribute to this thread it has certainly helped stimulate the economy world wide in used lens!:D:D:D

. . . . . . keep 'em coming! :clap:

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks so much for you're kind words but take it easy guys, I am not leaving you, just taking a break. :sleep006:
If you're sending a squad, I'll be waiting for them with a beer. :D (preferable a glass of wine)

Leica, one of the surprises lately was the old Zeiss Flektogon 35/2.8. ( There exists a 2.4 as well) Although a welknown lens, the close focussing was a surprise for me. Very nice for flowers.
Here are two more with this lens.

Greetings, Michiel

G1 + Zeiss Flektogon 35/2.8​

Leica 77

Here is a bokehgraph with my deep gratitude to Michiel and others who have inspired us all. The regular contributors to this bokeh thread include a number of digital imaging enthusiasts from several nations -- Canada, the U.S., Holland, Belgium, UK, Germany, etc. We are also truly thankful to Keith who started this exciting thread with his great vision and leadership. Dan's comment is correct -- "Thanks to all that contribute to this thread it has certainly helped stimulate the economy world wide in used lens!".

"A Little Forest". GF1 + my favorite IGW 50 f1.9. Best, Leica 77. :)