The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Michiel Schierbeek

Things are going beautifully in this thread! Outstanding bokeh shots!
Dan, this Nokton of yours knocks me from my socks! Do I need one?

Keith, I was on the look out for a Yashinon, very nice!

And I love the Color Ennalyt shots, Klaus.

I am getting homesick, already.

I will be posting soon. Keep it up, gentlemen!

Greetings, Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member

Keith, I was on the look out for a Yashinon, very nice!

And I love the Color Ennalyt shots, Klaus.

I am getting homesick, already.

I will be posting soon. Keep it up, gentlemen!

Greetings, Michiel

Hey, we need you back. Hope you are having a good time :thumbup:

Keith

kds315

great shots indeed guys!

Something different now... A Canon XI f1.3/75mm lens

The first are a few small cuts gemstones, the second and third one, well ...
a wine glass on a mexican table cloth.

seakayaker

Greetings, Michiel
YES! :D:D:D

. . . . . I have been pleasantly surprised with this Voigtlander Nokton 40/1.4 lens. As others have commented it renders great colors, DOF, sharp, and wonderful bokeh!

I bought it used with the Voigtlander metal hood and have no regrets.

It is a keeper! :thumbs:

. . . . . the problem is there are a lot of keepers out there!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
YES! :D:D:D

. . . . . I have been pleasantly surprised with this Voigtlander Nokton 40/1.4 lens. As others have commented it renders great colors, DOF, sharp, and wonderful bokeh!

I bought it used with the Voigtlander metal hood and have no regrets.

It is a keeper! :thumbs:

. . . . . the problem is there are a lot of keepers out there!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)
Yes, Michiel needs one

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
One more from my Yashinon 50/1.7 before I tuck it away and dig out the Fuji 55/1.8

I'm glad this thread has generated so much interest in individual lenses, both new and old.

Keith

seakayaker

Hey, we need you back. Hope you are having a good time :thumbup:

Keith
Yes, Michiel needs one

Keith

One side note on the Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 40mm f1.4. This lens comes in two versions, the SC (single coat) and MC (multiple coat).

This is what the comments are at the Camerquest Website.
http://www.cameraquest.com/voigtlen.htm

"Cosina introduced TWO versions of the 40/1.4 at Photokina 2004. The standard production version is the multi-coated Nokton Classic. The 40/1.4 S.C. stands for "Single Coated". Why you ask? Because there is more to photographic imagery than super sharpness and the best possible lens test results. Some Japanese photogs prefer the imagery of single coated lenses to multi-coated lenses, and so this limited edition version of 500 40/1.4 S.C. lenses. The first production run of the single coated 40/1.4 was a quick sell out in the Japanese home market. The 2nd production 40/1.4 SC lenses arrived 3/31/2005."

and

"Single Coat SC or Multi Coat MC versions. The SC is excellent for color while giving slightly more shadow detail for B/W. The MC version gives the maximum amount of flare prevention while giving slightly higher contrast in B/W but less shadow detail."

Somewhere along the way I read in a user thread that the SC model worked better with Black & White of the two models offered. I wanted a lens to shoot some B&W photos, so I went with the SC model. As it turns out I really like the bokeh as well.

If someone out there has the MC model it would be great to post some shots for a some comparison of two.

The Voigtlander also has a Nokton 35mm f1.4 that comes in SC & MC also. It is a bit more costly with an asking price of $579.00 vs $399.00 for the 40mm.

. . . . . anyway it is nice to pass on that lenses disease that you have infected me with! :ROTFL:

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

One more from my Yashinon 50/1.7 before I tuck it away and dig out the Fuji 55/1.8
I'm glad this thread has generated so much interest in individual lenses, both new and old.
Kith

Hi Keith,
Beautiful soft bokeh! As you say, we are all very pleased to share our great enthusiasm generated by old and new lenses (as well as "long-time" and new contributors!) :)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
One side note on the Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 40mm f1.4. This lens comes in two versions, the SC (single coat) and MC (multiple coat).

If someone out there has the MC model it would be great to post some shots for a some comparison of two.

Dan

I think mine is the multi coated version (nothing other than Nokton Classic in the lens description)
This is the nearest image to yours that shows a highly structured bokeh. I blew out some areas so its a difficult image to work with. I have posted various versions here before.

Keith

M5-Guy

Panasonic G1 with Zeiss C-Sonnar T* f/1.5 @ f/1.5

Panasonic G1 with Zeiss C-Sonnar T* f/1.5 @ f/1.5

Michiel Schierbeek

Yes, I need the the Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 40mm f1.4 :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thanks Dan, for the insights!

Just came back with a lot of dragonflies and other little creatures.
Mainly had the time and possibility to shoot the small and garden stuff.

Michiel

- Dragonfly -

G1 + Zeiss Flektogon 35/2.8​

Forgot the name of this wonderfull tree which I saw for the first time in Giverny at the gardens of Monet

- Tree -

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Forgot the name of this wonderfull tree which I saw for the first time in Giverny at the gardens of Monet

- Tree -

I love this shot, Michael - welcome back !

What a wonderful place to take bokehgraphs, I hope you have some more up your sleeve, maybe some water lillies?

Keith