Site Sponsors
Page 14 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 700 of 5670

Thread: Photographing your Bokeh

  1. #651
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1117

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Michiel

    The composition and colors on the spider image are wonderful. This thread is getting such variety under the rules of Bokeh First - or 75/25. We go from pure abstract to evocative imagery.

    This one started it all with me, but I believe I posted in the Leica thread. Anyway this version is a reprocess. it made me think that bokeh was usable, interesting, and controllable.

    Keith


  2. #652
    Senior Member f6cvalkyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,571
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    29

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    This thread is presenting so many new things to me, I cannot follow buying everything you guys are using here : lensbabies (I've put my Micro-Nikkor 55/2.8 very close to my Nikkor 105/2.5, hoping to get a Micro-Nikkor 105, but no joy sofar), OOF Layers (looked on Ebay, couldn't find them ) ....

    So, here's two straight and uncomplicated shots from this morning, with the Falcon 85/1.4 wide open





    Have a nice day,
    Rafael
    E-M1/GH2/G1 Full Spectrum & lots of lenses
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/f6cvalk...th/9226689839/

  3. #653
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,763
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    45

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Hi Keith and Rafael,

    Lovely bokehgraphs! It is truly nice that we all experiment with different lenses to see what kinds of bokeh they produce in various situations. During the course of our experiments, we seem to discover our favorite lenses. Cheers!

  4. #654
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Bell & Howell Lumax 1" f/1.9


  5. #655
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA,Czech Republic
    Posts
    572
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    143

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    EP_1 with CV 40mm f1.4 Black & White Art filter

    Mike


  6. #656
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,763
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    45

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    G1 + Leica R Summicron 50mm. "Ann".


  7. #657
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1117

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Quote Originally Posted by mregnier View Post
    EP_1 with CV 40mm f1.4 Black & White Art filter

    Mike
    Intriguing image, Mike. Is this as it came out from the art filter - did you do much post processing?

    Keith

  8. #658
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1117

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Quote Originally Posted by Leica 77 View Post
    G1 + Leica R Summicron 50mm. "Ann".

    Leica, I'm not even going to ask how you did that. I think you have taken OOF highlights to a whole new level.

    Keith

  9. #659
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Michiel Schierbeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam/Normandy
    Posts
    3,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    762

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Mike and Leica77. Thanks, these are two completly different but fantastic portraits!
    Michiel

  10. #660
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA,Czech Republic
    Posts
    572
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    143

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Keith,

    This one is right out of the camera with the art filter. No processing for a change.

    Mike

  11. #661
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Michiel Schierbeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam/Normandy
    Posts
    3,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    762

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Here is a try from me. Sorry got inspired again.

    Michiel

    - Selfportrait -

    G1 + Revuenon 55/1.2

  12. #662
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North Carolina western foothills
    Posts
    1,860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Wow, guys. I've not checked into this thread for almost 2 weeks. Blew me AWAY!!! I really really need to get out my Lensbaby and some other lenses, move back into PS (I use LR so much) where I love playing with masks, layers--and get into this. You've inspired me.

    Diane

  13. #663
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1145

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Schierbeek View Post
    Here is a view from France inspired by Mark Rothko.

    Michiel

    - Window -

    G1 + Revuenon 55/1.2
    I haven't looked at this thread in eons. I absolutely love this shot. The colors just meld together so well. I would hang this on my wall.

  14. #664
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1145

    Re: Spending Time

    I really must go back and start from the beginning on this thread as I've missed so much. This simply a stunning image somewhere between a dream and reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by m3photo View Post
    I like this one even more.
    Yes, spending time on images to get the (personal) best out of them has been going on long before digital came along of course, the foremost example that always comes to mind first is Ansel Adams - there's no way he'd just print what came out of the camera, albeit from large format negative. A digital file is even more demanding in my opinion but then again with Photoshop at one's fingertips instead of developer, fixer, stop bath and all manner of toners to breathe in all night is certainly even more tempting to say the least.

    One for the road:


  15. #665
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA,Czech Republic
    Posts
    572
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    143

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    EP-1 CV 40mm f1.4

    Blue man walking in the city.

    Mike



  16. #666
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA,Czech Republic
    Posts
    572
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    143

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    EP-1 CV 40mm f1.4

    Radio tower seen through the rain drops of the windshield.

    Mike



  17. #667
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Michiel Schierbeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam/Normandy
    Posts
    3,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    762

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Quote Originally Posted by TEBnewyork View Post
    I haven't looked at this thread in eons. I absolutely love this shot. The colors just meld together so well. I would hang this on my wall.
    Thanks Terry, appreciate your compliment!
    BTW It is a favourite of mine too.
    Michiel

  18. #668
    Senior Member kweide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Breakthrough
    Zuiko 50 at F2

    Last edited by kweide; 8th November 2009 at 06:01.
    __________________________________________________
    Part of the Wonderland
    see more ( NSFW ) on : http://www.klaweide.de

  19. #669
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1117

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Klaus, you are the master of titles for your pictures

    Here is a fall shot, which is called "Fall Falls". But lets call it "Fall Falls One" because inspired by Mike I will attempt to put some texture on it.

    Wonderful images in the past two weeks! And thanks Terry and Diane for the kind comments on the posts. There is a lot of different stuff going on here and it makes for interesting watching.

    Keith


  20. #670
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1117

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    "Fall Falls Two"

    A blend with some linear texture. Works OK in the top half of the image, but the blends comes through too strongly in the bottom half. Back to my photoshop book.

    Keith


  21. #671
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1117

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Quote Originally Posted by mregnier View Post
    EP-1 CV 40mm f1.4

    Blue man walking in the city.

    Mike


    I recognize that man. Beautiful, moody, evocative image, Mike.

    Keith

  22. #672
    Senior Member m3photo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    28

    Re: The Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by TEBnewyork View Post
    I really must go back and start from the beginning on this thread as I've missed so much. This simply a stunning image somewhere between a dream and reality.
    Why thank ye kindly Terry. "Somewhere between a dream and reality", hmm quite what I had in mind

    The reality here is that the weather's not quite apt for swimming ...



    The wonderful attraction of this site is precisely that there are many fine images to see and share comments on and the sense of harmonious community.


    May I also tempt you with a link?:
    http://www.forums.getdpi.com/forum/s...995#post150995

  23. #673
    Senior Member m3photo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    28

    Layers to the Rescue

    Quote Originally Posted by woodmancy View Post
    "Fall Falls Two"
    A blend with some linear texture. Works OK in the top half of the image, but the blends comes through too strongly in the bottom half.
    Nice dynamics again. Keep 'em coming (I sound like a badly pasted mp3 track ((previously known as a stuck record)))
    OK, this needs a simple solution (easier done than written) - with a Layer of course.
    Ctrl/Cmd J to "Juplicate" (Adobe engineer humour) the background Layer.
    Click on the Layer Mask icon: the square with a circle inside.
    Press G (for Gradient Tool) - up in the Options Bar click on the arrow to the right of the second item from the left and make sure either the first or second option is selected - Foreground to Background or Foreground to Transparent (when the Mask is active only Black and White are present in any case).
    Press X if necessary to switch Foreground and Background Colours. In this case you want Black on White.
    In the next Option along there are five small diagrams - make sure the leftmost one is active: Linear Gradient.
    Leave Mode as Normal and Opacity at 100%
    Check the following boxes: Dither/Transparency.
    Making sure that the Mask Box is clicked upon and therefore active (shown by an additional set of frame lines around the box), Click at the bottom of the image itself and drag to the top and let go - you'll observe the result in the Mask icon itself, where Black at the bottom gradually goes up to White.
    A simple mnemonic here: Black Blocks. Black will "block" any effect and conversely White will let the effect through.
    Now click on the Image Icon itself to disable the layer Mask and work on the image.
    Do what you have to do on the image and you'll observe that only the uppermost part of it is affected, said effect gradually disappearing as you look down the image. To further check the result Press Shift and at the same time click on the Layer Mask Icon toggling on and off to enable said Mask.
    Adjust to taste. Any hiccups and I'll be glad to assist.

  24. #674
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1117

    Re: Layers to the Rescue

    Quote Originally Posted by m3photo View Post
    Nice dynamics again. Keep 'em coming (I sound like a badly pasted mp3 track ((previously known as a stuck record)))
    OK, this needs a simple solution (easier done than written) - with a Layer of course.
    Ctrl/Cmd J to "Juplicate" (Adobe engineer humour) the background Layer.
    Click on the Layer Mask icon: the square with a circle inside.
    Press G (for Gradient Tool) - up in the Options Bar click on the arrow to the right of the second item from the left and make sure either the first or second option is selected - Foreground to Background or Foreground to Transparent (when the Mask is active only Black and White are present in any case).
    Press X if necessary to switch Foreground and Background Colours. In this case you want Black on White.
    In the next Option along there are five small diagrams - make sure the leftmost one is active: Linear Gradient.
    Leave Mode as Normal and Opacity at 100%
    Check the following boxes: Dither/Transparency.
    Making sure that the Mask Box is clicked upon and therefore active (shown by an additional set of frame lines around the box), Click at the bottom of the image itself and drag to the top and let go - you'll observe the result in the Mask icon itself, where Black at the bottom gradually goes up to White.
    A simple mnemonic here: Black Blocks. Black will "block" any effect and conversely White will let the effect through.
    Now click on the Image Icon itself to disable the layer Mask and work on the image.
    Do what you have to do on the image and you'll observe that only the uppermost part of it is affected, said effect gradually disappearing as you look down the image. To further check the result Press Shift and at the same time click on the Layer Mask Icon toggling on and off to enable said Mask.
    Adjust to taste. Any hiccups and I'll be glad to assist.

    m3, bear with me - I'm going to give this a try (If I've not returned by next month, send out a search party )

    Keith

    (Thanks, I need all the help I can get )

  25. #675
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1117

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Schierbeek View Post
    Here is a try from me. Sorry got inspired again.

    Michiel

    - Selfportrait -

    G1 + Revuenon 55/1.2
    Michiel

    Just noticed that it is a self portrait

    I thought that you were much older then (but wiser than that now) But with OOF it's tough to judge

    What are you doing? - plucking a violin - sometimes these bokegraphs drive the viewer's insane trying to guess what's going on. But Picasso made a lot of money from that

    Lovely portrait.

    What we are short of in this thread are landscapes. Mike Regnier has many of those on his site. They are tough to do.

    BTW - is that a single exposure? There is a square texture in the background?

    Keith

  26. #676
    Senior Member m3photo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    28

    Re: Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by woodmancy View Post
    What we are short of in this thread are landscapes. Mike Regnier has many of those on his site.
    Gotta keep trying though ...


  27. #677
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Michiel Schierbeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam/Normandy
    Posts
    3,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    762

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    I still do have my hair but for the rest I tend to be old although I can look rather young.
    This was a mirrorshot in the bathroom with little blue mosaictiles in the background. The rainbow arose while playing with a mirrordoor.
    I was just holding the camera with two hands and I thought I looked like a ringfighter.
    Michiel

  28. #678
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Michiel Schierbeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam/Normandy
    Posts
    3,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    762

    Re: Layers to the Rescue

    Quote Originally Posted by m3photo View Post
    Nice dynamics again. Keep 'em coming (I sound like a badly pasted mp3 track ((previously known as a stuck record)))
    OK, this needs a simple solution (easier done than written) - with a Layer of course.
    Ctrl/Cmd J to "Juplicate" (Adobe engineer humour) the background Layer.
    Click on the Layer Mask icon: the square with a circle inside.
    Press G (for Gradient Tool) - up in the Options Bar click on the arrow to the right of the second item from the left and make sure either the first or second option is selected - Foreground to Background or Foreground to Transparent (when the Mask is active only Black and White are present in any case).
    Press X if necessary to switch Foreground and Background Colours. In this case you want Black on White.
    In the next Option along there are five small diagrams - make sure the leftmost one is active: Linear Gradient.
    Leave Mode as Normal and Opacity at 100%
    Check the following boxes: Dither/Transparency.
    Making sure that the Mask Box is clicked upon and therefore active (shown by an additional set of frame lines around the box), Click at the bottom of the image itself and drag to the top and let go - you'll observe the result in the Mask icon itself, where Black at the bottom gradually goes up to White.
    A simple mnemonic here: Black Blocks. Black will "block" any effect and conversely White will let the effect through.
    Now click on the Image Icon itself to disable the layer Mask and work on the image.
    Do what you have to do on the image and you'll observe that only the uppermost part of it is affected, said effect gradually disappearing as you look down the image. To further check the result Press Shift and at the same time click on the Layer Mask Icon toggling on and off to enable said Mask.
    Adjust to taste. Any hiccups and I'll be glad to assist.
    Michael, thanks for this instruction. This was exactly what I was trying to achieve the other day and I just couldn't figure it out.
    Gonne try again. Thanks for this!
    Michiel

  29. #679
    Senior Member m3photo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    28

    Re: World Wide Web

    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Schierbeek View Post
    Michael, thanks for this instruction. This was exactly what I was trying to achieve the other day and I just couldn't figure it out.
    You're welcome. This is why posting help is rewarding, meant for one and open to all

  30. #680
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Michiel Schierbeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam/Normandy
    Posts
    3,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    762

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Keith, again no landscape. Must go to the coast soon and see what I can do there.
    Here is one from today. It consists out of 4 different photograph and I roughly mixed them together with the smudge tool.

    - Ballet of lights -
    G1 + Nikon 50/2

  31. #681
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1145

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Michiel,
    Whatever you are doing, I'm loving the results.

  32. #682
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1117

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    We had a big wind storm at the weekend so my fall shots are getting fewer

    Maybe this is the last. A good blow and a lens baby and "Fall 26"

    Keith


  33. #683
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1117

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Schierbeek View Post
    Keith, again no landscape. Must go to the coast soon and see what I can do there.
    Here is one from today. It consists out of 4 different photograph and I roughly mixed them together with the smudge tool.

    - Ballet of lights -
    G1 + Nikon 50/2
    OMG - what is the smudge tool? - you are racing away ahead of us.

    I'm going to have sleepless nights wondering what those . . . . people, things, . . are. I think we are going to have to reverse ourselves and get into pixel-peeping

    BTW - great image.

    Keith

  34. #684
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1117

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    This one is called "Mixed up Torso"

    A color version of Post #25

    Keith


  35. #685
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Michiel Schierbeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam/Normandy
    Posts
    3,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    762

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Quote Originally Posted by woodmancy View Post
    OMG - what is the smudge tool? - you are racing away ahead of us.

    I'm going to have sleepless nights wondering what those . . . . people, things, . . are. I think we are going to have to reverse ourselves and get into pixel-peeping

    BTW - great image.

    Keith
    The smudge tool is right on the toolpanel in PS. It is the hand with the pointing finger to smudge with. So just drag some similar photographs into a new bigger file, arrange them, flatten image and smudge them together.

    Those were lights in a shopping mall, although one should never reveal a secret to the viewer, because once the riddle is solved the spectator looses it's interest.

    You made me blush, I must hop in a slower car.
    I prefer your blowing autumn image above the texture one. I think the texture should not overgrow the image itself. Mike Regnier is very good at that.

    PS, Terry thanks for the compliment.

    Michiel

  36. #686
    Senior Member m3photo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    28

    Re: Texture

    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Schierbeek View Post
    I think the texture should not overgrow the image itself. Mike Regnier is very good at that.
    I quite agree with you here. This is why it's a good challenge - not going too far; what Jackson Pollock strived for and little understood ...

  37. #687
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North Carolina western foothills
    Posts
    1,860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Quote Originally Posted by woodmancy View Post
    This one is in Toronto: G1 with Lensbaby

    "Downtown Sunset"

    Keith

    Keith,

    I have an old LB 2.0 with an EF mount. I have the EOS to m4/3rds adaptor to use it with the bodies, but I'm thinking of buying the Composer which I believe I would shoot more with but---can't decide which mount to buy--EF or 4/3rds. Curious what mount you have--and what model. I'm rather interested in both the UWA that would bring me to 21mm (42 FOV on the G1) and the FE optic--and would likely play in this thread (as well as using other lenses).

    Diane

  38. #688
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1117

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Quote Originally Posted by Diane B View Post
    Keith,

    I have an old LB 2.0 with an EF mount. I have the EOS to m4/3rds adaptor to use it with the bodies, but I'm thinking of buying the Composer which I believe I would shoot more with but---can't decide which mount to buy--EF or 4/3rds. Curious what mount you have--and what model. I'm rather interested in both the UWA that would bring me to 21mm (42 FOV on the G1) and the FE optic--and would likely play in this thread (as well as using other lenses).

    Diane
    Diane:

    The lensbaby is very new to me, and without Mike Regnier's posts in this thread, I would not have thought about it.
    I have no experience of earlier Lensbaby products, all I can say is that the Composer works very well. It is easy to move around and you see instant results. If you want to lock that position its easy (but I don't need to do that)
    The standard lens is 50mm, but they have an add-on bunch of lenses that I need to get, but I'm not there yet. It works well for me because if you are doing this OOF stuff, the Lensbaby does all the things that a collection of 30yr old C-Lenses will do, but give you control.
    I bought the OM 4/3 mount and use it with the Panny adaptor.

    Maybe Mike could comment on this?

    Keith
    Last edited by woodmancy; 9th November 2009 at 15:39.

  39. #689
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1117

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    This is another version of the "Dinner for Two" in Rome theme

    More fuzzy than the first one in the earlier post

    Keith


  40. #690
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Amazing shot.

    Did you PP to get that texture in?

    Quote Originally Posted by mregnier View Post
    EP-1 CV 40mm f1.4

    Blue man walking in the city.

    Mike



  41. #691
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA,Czech Republic
    Posts
    572
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    143

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Quote Originally Posted by woodmancy View Post
    Diane:

    The lensbaby is very new to me, and without Mike Regnier's posts in this thread, I would not have thought about it.
    I have no experience of earlier Lensbaby products, all I can say is that the Composer works very well. It is easy to move around and you see instant results. If you want to lock that position its easy (but I don't need to do that)
    The standard lens is 50mm, but they have an add-on bunch of lenses that I need to get, but I'm not there yet. It works well for me because if you are doing this OOF stuff, the Lensbaby does all the things that a collection of 30yr old C-Lenses will do, but give you control.
    I bought the OM 4/3 mount and use it with the Panny adaptor.

    Maybe Mike could comment on this?

    Keith
    I use the OM 4/3 mount for the Composer lensbaby, mainly because I used to use the Composer on my Leica Digilux3, which I have since sold but I kept the Lensbaby.
    Either one should work fine.

    Mike

  42. #692
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA,Czech Republic
    Posts
    572
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    143

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Quote Originally Posted by madmaxmedia View Post
    Amazing shot.

    Did you PP to get that texture in?
    Hello,

    By PP, do you mean Photoshop?
    I work on all my shots in Photoshop with layers which is where all the textures are added.

    Mike

  43. #693
    Abbazz
    Guest

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Now for some Bubbles...


    (Panasonic 20/1.7)

    Cheers!

    Abbazz

  44. #694
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1117

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbazz View Post
    Now for some Bubbles...


    (Panasonic 20/1.7)

    Cheers!

    Abbazz


    Tiny bubbles (tiny bubbles)
    In the wine (in the wine)
    Make me happy (make me happy)
    Make me feel fine (make me feel fine)


    Keith

  45. #695
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Michiel Schierbeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam/Normandy
    Posts
    3,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    762

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Love bubbles too and still have some in stock. May be I am going to try the lensbaby too. Just sold my E-3 + 12-60 and flash, I think.
    Michiel

    - Blue tree -

    G1+ Revuenon 50/jpg

  46. #696
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1117

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Looks to me that we've just hit 10,000 views.

    Thanks to everyone who has contributed with images and comments. I've learned a lot, and I think there is a long way to go (still studying my Photoshop book)

    Keith

  47. #697
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1117

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Here's another one of the Mosque. This time two layers, image and texture.

    Keith


  48. #698
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Michiel Schierbeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam/Normandy
    Posts
    3,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    762

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Quote Originally Posted by woodmancy View Post
    Here's another one of the Mosque. This time two layers, image and texture.

    Keith

    I like the abstractions in structure as shown in the windows and the door.

    Glad you made another post, because your forelast post looked sort of final.
    But as you said there is still a lot to explore under this theme.
    And congratulations, Keith with passing the 10.000 viewer hits.
    A recognition of interest in this thread.
    Michiel

  49. #699
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1117

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Schierbeek View Post
    I like the abstractions in structure as shown in the windows and the door.

    Glad you made another post, because your forelast post looked sort of final.
    But as you said there is still a lot to explore under this theme.
    And congratulations, Keith with passing the 10.000 viewer hits.
    A recognition of interest in this thread.
    Michiel
    Thanks Michiel:

    I have no intention of moving away from bokehgraphy , even though it is taking up more than its fair share of my photographic time. The images that have amassed in the thread show that photographers are keenly aware of OOF.
    As the thread develops I think we'll see some very interesting stuff. I think this thread is the only one in the forum where you can safely place total abstractions, even though they were developed out of a real image.

    Onwards and upwards

    Keith

  50. #700
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Michiel Schierbeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam/Normandy
    Posts
    3,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    762

    Re: Photographing your Bokeh

    Straight out of the camera, no post processing needed.

    - Portrait of light -

    G1 + Revuenon 55/1.2

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •