The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
The center of the heart.
Again OM Zuiko 50 at F1.4

Very interesting image, Kweide. How does it look if it is blood red? :toocool: (us Bokehgraph people are given huge freedom in colouring the Picture)
You invited this reply by giving your Bokehgraph a name :deadhorse:

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re Golden Sunset

Vivek

Both Michiel and I both see lot's of Munk in this picture. Did you have any ideas of his stuff in your head when you took the image?

Keith

A

Abbazz

So many gorgeous photographs in this thread. Thank to everyone who contributed.

I love bokehgraphs. One of my favorite photo books is a book full of blurry pictures (All Day and Every Day by Davis Armstrong)!

Cheers!

Abbazz

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Stuck in a hotel in Athens waiting for a flight tomorrow morning.

Meanwhile here is one from a few days ago. Pentax 50/1.4

"Promenade at Balaclava"

A

Abbazz

Thanks Abbazz - seems he was into this stuff way ahead of us. Trying to buy the book.
The book seems to be available from several booksellers through Amazon at a discount price -- by the way the exact title is "All Day Every Day," ISBN 390824756X. The only difference between David Armstrong's bokehgraphs and those posted on this thread is that Mr. Armstrong uses a large format view camera with Provia sheet film instead of a 4/3rds digital camera...

Cheers!

Abbazz

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Michiel - your examples of bokeh combined with deliberate movement of the camera are very appropriate to the thread. I posted this on on the Leica discussion of Bokeh - not 4/3, but as soon as I get home we will recify that!
A few top photographers (mainly landscape) have created wonderful images with camera movement

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel - your examples of bokeh combined with deliberate movement of the camera are very appropriate to the thread. I posted this on on the Leica discussion of Bokeh - not 4/3, but as soon as I get home we will recify that!
A few top photographers (mainly landscape) have created wonderful images with camera movement

This is really wonderfull! Gives us new impulses to explore bokeh.
Have a good flight home!

Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

Today I walked into a bunch of scooters, a very popular verhicle for the young urban professional these days.
Did it with the first lens I ever bought - Nikkor 105/2.5 - , very expensive at the time in 1970! Always enjoyed that lens and it still good.

- Scootermania -

Leica 77

Hi Keith and Michiel,
Wonderful bokehgraphs! I really enjoy looking at your inspiring images! :)

G1 + Leica R 50mm. "Boutique Building".

Leica 77

The book seems to be available from several booksellers through Amazon at a discount price -- by the way the exact title is "All Day Every Day," ISBN 390824756X. The only difference between David Armstrong's bokehgraphs and those posted on this thread is that Mr. Armstrong uses a large format view camera with Provia sheet film instead of a 4/3rds digital camera...

Cheers!

Abbazz
Hi Abbazz,

Thanks for the info. I will look forward to obtaining a copy. :)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
G1 + Leica R Summicron 50mm. "Elizabeth".

Leica:
A stunning image. I think that this picture delivers much more emotional impact than if it were super sharp. It seems as if Bokehgraphy encompasses many different styles, and yours I think is the first post of a genuine portrait (others, please correct me if I am wrong). This is very difficult to do, to get it right.
When I have got over my 13 hours in the air, my 7 hours of jet lag, I would like to catch up. Since I left three weeks ago, some wonderful photo art has been shown here. My internet connections at sea were slow and iffy, so I didn't have the time to say how much I enjoyed the pictures. I'll make up for that.

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Today I walked into a bunch of scooters, a very popular verhicle for the young urban professional these days.
Did it with the first lens I ever bought - Nikkor 105/2.5 - , very expensive at the time in 1970! Always enjoyed that lens and it still good.

- Scootermania -
Michiel:

This picture has so many interesting elements in it, some real, and others abstract (derived from real :lecture:) that you can look at it for a long time and not lose interest - are you printing any of these?

Ketih