The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

J

JayCee

Jeez, I can't believe this thread actually has so many taking part.
What next...pictures of your lens caps :D
Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Jeez, I can't believe this thread actually has so many taking part.
What next...pictures of your lens caps :D
Whatever floats your boat I suppose.
Don't worry about it, only 2 1/2 of us have contributed images. Viveks has a sharp image in it so it counts as 1/2

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Flower Burst

This one is interesting - it is the new Oly 17mm 2.8. There is lots of interesting stuff in there.

Hey Ranger - do you like the way I'm giving them names?

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Torso
A b & w Bokehgraph
Thank heaven for double line bokeh - I have to find me a better (worse lens) for this
Pentax 50/1.4

Last edited:

Leica 77

OK, Leica 77, I'm breaking down - how did you do that :angry:

Keith
Hi My Friend, Keith:
It had a lot to do with the Zeiss Opton Sonnar 50mm F1,5 lens. As you know, the lens is reputed to produce pleasing bokeh. The object recorded is a piece of colorful fabric with many circular designs. Once again, thank you for providing me with your insightful guidance! You introduced me to the fine art of "bokehgraphy"! :)

Leica 77

G1 + Zeiss Opton Sonnar 50mm F1,5. ISO 100. Aperture @ F1,5. Another humble contribution to the "Bokehgraphy".

V

Vivek

There were no images I have contributed that would qualify.

This one might (although, it isn't a "bokeh" by definition).

AF malfunction of 50/1.8 Nikkor on a Nikon D300.

Brian Mosley

yehh... Context trumps content when pl@ying the g@me of fine @rt...*

* burp...
I have noticed that :ROTFL:

Love the idea of "Bokehgraphy" - great invention! must look out for another Nikon 50mm f1.8... keep it up everyone! I don't have any photographs of nothing but bokeh... will do something later ;)

Kind Regards

Brian

Leica 77

I have noticed that :ROTFL:

Love the idea of "Bokehgraphy" - great invention! must look out for another Nikon 50mm f1.8... keep it up everyone! I don't have any photographs of nothing but bokeh... will do something later ;)

Kind Regards

Brian
Hi Brian,
You are da Man! We will look forward to seeing your bokehgraphs soon! All the best! :)

f6cvalkyrie

"bokehgraphy" seems to be a lot of fun.

I have no pictures to share yet, but next time I'll go shooting flowers, I'll take my knife, and cut the flower away to shoot the background. I'm still in doubt whether to the cutting before or after shooting the flower.

;);)

C U,
Rafael

woodmancy

Subscriber Member

I have no pictures to share yet, but next time I'll go shooting flowers, I'll take my knife, and cut the flower away to shoot the background. I'm still in doubt whether to the cutting before or after shooting the flower.

;);)

C U,
Rafael
No need for a tripod for this kind of work, so the procedure is:
1. Focus on the flower
2. Put the camera down and cut the flower
3. Put the camera back to it's original position . . . . . . oh, that may not work :wtf:

But at least you get to take home a bunch of flowers :grin:

Keith

Leica 77

;);)

C U,
Rafael
Hi My Friend Rafael,
This thread is so much fun! We will look forward to your bokegraphs with or without the pretty flowers! All the best! :)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
G1 + Zeiss Opton Sonnar 50mm F1,5. ISO 100. Aperture @ F1,5. Another humble contribution to the "Bokehgraphy".

Hi Leica 77 - I may break down and get this lens :bugeyes:
How does it produce bokehgraphs from subjects that are primarily linear in nature (a bunch of twigs)

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi Leica 77 - I may break down and get this lens :bugeyes:
How does it produce bokehgraphs from subjects that are primarily linear in nature (a bunch of twigs)

Keith
I just did some quick research - is the Russian Jupiter 3 a copy of the Zeiss. If so I have it on my shelf and will test it (for bokeh, of course) Should look about the same (bokehgraphers don't care about sharpness :deadhorse:)

Keith