The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Michiel Schierbeek

This is called: "Wreath"

Keith, one can look forever at/in this picture. From above as a vulcanic landscape, I see brussels sprouts in the background but at first my own translation of the word wreath was "wrat" in Dutch which means wart and that brought me to a sort of microscopic photograph of a wart, which was not what you ment at all. :deadhorse:
But anyway an interesting one.
Michiel

Winkel

I love that this thread is still going! Fascinating images Jerry, Keith, Mike and Michiel.:salute:

Here's "The Loft" captured with an E-520 & Nikkor-O 35/2.

Jim

Attachments

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Keith, one can look forever at/in this picture. From above as a vulcanic landscape, I see brussels sprouts in the background but at first my own translation of the word wreath was "wrat" in Dutch which means wart and that brought me to a sort of microscopic photograph of a wart, which was not what you ment at all. :deadhorse:
But anyway an interesting one.
Michiel
Hi Michiel:

Yes - I saw Brussel Sprouts in there too, made me nearly kill the picture. But, believe me, there is not a Brussel Sprout within miles of where the original image was recorded.

The picture started off as "Mosque Bush", posted months ago. This one is a composite of two images, both derived from the original.

I was just finishing it when I learned of my mother's death in the UK. And I saw a wreath in there (circular arrangement of flowers, etc) - hence the name.

The idea of naming these images originally came from the poster "Ranger 9" in the first few posts of this thread. He sold me on naming the images - it gives a hint to the viewer of what the photographer was trying to do. I think we owe it to the viewer to do that. Some of my images are not related at all to the name that I give them, but that's OK :deadhorse:

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Really like the simplified trees Keith! You know why I like simplfied trees. M:lecture:

Here is one from the megastore with their extra Christmas lights.

- Velvet -

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Really like the simplified trees Keith! You know why I like simplfied trees. M:lecture:

Here is one from the megastore with their extra Christmas lights.

- Velvet -
Michiel

If Mondrian had a digital camera, he would be turning out the stuff that you are doing now. Your colors work so well. You already have a good series - keep pushing it.

It looks like you are sticking with the original principals of bokehgraphy - just one image?

Keith

Last edited:

sangio

I have to echo Winkel's comment. I keep coming back to this thread because these are some of the most interesting images I've come across.

Cheers
Santo