The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Hi Mike,
BTW, I visited your website and enjoyed looking at the beautiful artworks by Mike and Andrea Regnier. People like you certainly make our thread very special! Happy Holidays! Leica 77.
Leica77,
Thank you for the kind words. I have been enjoying this thread very much. It's nice to have a place to show work and to be inspired by the work of others.

cheers
Mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Klaus

I am polling all of our regular viewers to see if they would like it to be mandatory to post how you took the picture. The moderators tell me that we can do special software that will reject anything that does not have an explanation.
If we can do it, then your secret will out :deadhorse:

We will get you in the end . . . . :cussing:

Keith

Also we are thinking of banning poetry, especially if it is ripped off from Rock songs. Where did that "countenance" thing come from? . . . I've googled it with no luck, maybe you wrote it yourself? :toocool:

Vrrrrrrrr vrrrrrrrrrrr vrrrrrrrrrr

kweide

Keith, dont you know: I am an angel and a poet and yes "HE" is ringing me just to tell me, that it is OK talking about some this and thats........lol
Now i put my sword of flames aside fold up my wings and will walk for some chinese food ....:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Some details on the phone pic:

E-P1, DMW-MA1 Adapter and Sigma 50 DG HSM F1.4. Yes i am sure, you will get me in that end in the end:ROTFL:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Keith, dont you know: I am an angel and a poet and yes "HE" is ringing me just to tell me, that it is OK talking about some this and thats........lol
Now i put my sword of flames aside fold up my wings and will walk for some chinese food ....:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Some details on the phone pic:

E-P1, DMW-MA1 Adapter and Sigma 50 DG HSM F1.4. Yes i am sure, you will get me in that end in the end:ROTFL:
But how did you get it to vibrate? I mean the image and not the phone.

I think you have been listening to U2 with Johnny Cash songs :toocool:

Don't take your wings into the Chinese restaurant - they may cook them, especially if they use your sword of flames:eek:

Now we need an image from you called "arrows of desire'

Keith

Leica 77

This is the site of the "Charge of the Light Brigade" in Ukraine

Half a league, half a league, Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death Rode the six hundred.
"Forward, the Light Brigade!
"Charge for the guns!" he said:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

Tennyson

Keith

Hi Keith,
This image together with Tennyson's verse should be framed! Great composition and color combination! All the best, Leica 77.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi Keith,
This image together with Tennyson's verse should be framed! Great composition and color combination! All the best, Leica 77.
Leica, thanks.

The imagery that the poem plants in your mind is grim and grey. But when you look across that battlefield, you typically see sunshine, and wonderful vineyards framed by mountain ranges. Given that you may be there for just one hour, post processing is the only tool to get what you want.

Keith

PS - I'm in the UK now and heading up to Suffolk tomorrow. Hope to get a few images of that countryside in December. But I've only bought a Canon S90 with me, and I don't even know how to manually focus it yet. :banghead:

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi Keith,
Nice work, Keith!
These historical landscapes belong in my opinion to the best of your work, I think.
I wanted to tell you this before; it remembers me of a Dutch painter called Armando who painted for a long time his so called " Guilty landscapes ". (difficult to translate), with German titles like "Waldrand" ( He lives mainly in Berlin and BTW he is a writer too, plays the violin with gypsies and made interesting TV shows, a real multi talent!)
Anyway landscapes and places which where witness of mostly terrible events in WWII.
This theme origined because he grew up near a prisoncamp in Amersfoort, Holland, in WWII.

These paintings were mostly in black and white with sometimes a touch of red. Here is an example.

Kind regards, Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Nice work, Keith!
These historical landscapes belong in my opinion to the best of your work, I think.
I wanted to tell you this before; it remembers me of a Dutch painter called Armando who painted for a long time his so called " Guilty landscapes ". (difficult to translate), with German titles like "Waldrand" ( He lives mainly in Berlin and BTW he is a writer too, plays the violin with gypsies and made interesting TV shows, a real multi talent!)
Anyway landscapes and places which where witness of mostly terrible events in WWII.
This theme origined because he grew up near a prisoncamp in Amersfoort, Holland, in WWII.

These paintings were mostly in black and white with sometimes a touch of red. Here is an example.

Kind regards, Michiel
Thanks Michiel: I'm going off to research Armando.

I had not heard of of Cy Twombly until you mentioned him. My wife knew him well, so I went off and bought a book on his painting, and I really like his stuff.

This one is called:
"Trees and Tower at Heathrow"
Canon S90

Keith