The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Mike an Keith,

I just made a selection for big prints done by a professional, all selected from this thread :thumbs:
Posts 663, 778 and 782.
They will be 80 x 60 cm and the Lightballet 180 x 60 cm (post 680)
They will be sealed between 2 layers of plexiglas and no framing.
All for an exhibition I am planning together with some new sculpures of mine.

This last one is nice but the images have to little spatial depts for my taste.
It has been and still is a great experience for me to photograph those spatial, smooth colour transitions.
Thanks to this tread!

Best regards, Michiel
Good luck with the exhibition. I went to your website and am very impressed with your work. Your bokeh photos will fit very nicely with your sculpture.

Mike

m3photo

Re: Plexiglass

They will be sealed between 2 layers of plexiglas and no framing.
I'd love to see them!
Michiel, how will you put them together? I'm planning to exhibit using the plexiglass sandwich system but all the offers I've had here involve using
corner screws to hold the two plates together and I was looking for some way of doing it without any visible unions.

Michiel Schierbeek

I'd love to see them!
Michiel, how will you put them together? I'm planning to exhibit using the plexiglass sandwich system but all the offers I've had here involve using
corner screws to hold the two plates together and I was looking for some way of doing it without any visible unions.
It will look like this.

The material behind the picture is called digibond.
All glued together, no screws, and four strips on the back to hang it on the wall. Wiil give some distance too, which is nice. The plexiglas sides can be polished.
Here is a site where you can see it above the red coach. Watch the slides.
( this is not where I have it made) http://www.perplex-foto.nl
It is all in Dutch, so that is easy :ROTFL:
Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

Wonderful, Michiel, dank je wel minheer!
Terrible the way people spell Dutch on international forums these days. :ROTFL::lecture::D
It should be meneer or mijnheer (little old fashioned)
The rest is just perfect :clap::clap:
Hope I don't make one of my many spelling mistakes in English soon. :p
Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

By accident I made this one today. Was walking around with some fd lenses.
So this is done with the FD 28/2.8 Made out of 6 photographs.

Michiel

- Lightbeams -

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I've been spending a lot of time in the blending threads, and forgot the good old bokehgraph.

This one is taken with the G1 and kit zoom in Batumi Georgia.

Single image, no blending or textures - tends to push the image much more to abstraction. You have to dig deep to get the detail out.

But it is much quicker than blending if that's the kind of image that you are looking for (they tend to turn out with the look of Turner paintings)

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I was just looking at all the wonderful images on this thread, and I thought we should do a "reprise." I'll put on a couple a week, just so we don't lose sight of the creativity of the people here.

This one is from Leica 77. I love the simplicity and structure of the image.

If you have a favorite, please reprise it.

Keith

E-330 + Kit Lens. "Blue Glass".

Last edited:

Leica 77

I was just looking at all the wonderful images on this thread, and I thought we should do a "reprise." I'll put on a couple a week, just so we don't lose sight of the creativity of the people here.

Keith
Hi Keith,

Many thanks for your kind comments. Doing a "reprise" is an excellent idea. I will go over your Bokeh thread within the next few days and come up with a selection of favorite images. Once again, it has been my profound pleasure contributing images (bokehgraphs) to your wonderful thread. Trust all is well at your end. All the best, Leica 77.

ggibson

45-200mm zoom lens:

It has some of that "swirly" bokeh that I've seen on the 45mm macro and so many C mount lenses!

Michiel Schierbeek

Keith
Yeah, that was certainly a good one, Keith
Not so much bokeh on my mind lately but here is one from tonight.
Took it while walking at F 22 and it took about a minute or so.

- Light and snow -

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Another reprise - I love this one by Abbazz

"Excentrifugal" . . . . . ????? Physics has advanced since I left it. I see some wonderful naming in the bokehgraph library.

Keith

One more from the Canon 50/0.95.

Excentrifugal Force:

Cheers!

Abbazz

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Keith, This is one of my favourites of yours.
It has a subconscious historical look about it which is intriging, I think.
This is happening in more of your bokehgraphs.
Kind regards, Michiel
Thanks Michiel

I am trying to get something out of my shots of the Falklands battle fields, but I am not happy with them yet. Trying to use Mike's techniques, which are tricky to get right

Regards
Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
45-200mm zoom lens:

It has some of that "swirly" bokeh that I've seen on the 45mm macro and so many C mount lenses!
I'm going through my bokegraphs from this lens to check this out. This looks like an ideal test venue to measure swirly bokeh, but I think it may only be available for a few hours at a time?

Nice image

Keith