The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Michael

I have received my tilt adapter from Italy (m4/3 to M42) and it looks good - well made and fits well.

Here is a test image using the Pentax 50/1.4 (my favorite bokeh lens)

I seem to be able to get selective focus and maintain the bokeh

I'll post a bit more about this adapter on the blends thread.

Keith

Leica 77

Thanks Michael

I have received my tilt adapter from Italy (m4/3 to M42) and it looks good - well made and fits well.

Keith

Hi Keith,

Wow! This is one of the most creative bokehgraphs I have seen in this thread. The tilt adapter seems to work beautifully using your favorite bokeh lens -- the Pentax 50/1.4. I love the duality of having both selective focus and bokeh! Great work! Best regards, Leica 77.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi !

it's been a long time since I've posted in this thread. I love all the pictures shown here, but I am no good in PP, so all the masks, .... are very difficult for me.

This is still a very simple bokehgraph :

(snowstorm, first impression)

C U
Rafael

Hi Raf:

I think bokehgraphs are still about simplicity. Most of mine are single image using the sliders in PS. If I do more with blends etc, then they go over to the blends threads.

This image of the snowstorm is beautiful - so many colors in there.

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi Keith, Rafael, and Abbazz,
Very nice bokehgraphs! I like them all.

Here is my contribution entitled "Z". All the best.

Leica - one of your best!

The simplicity of the composition along with the electric colors - I think I see a Z in there?

Keith

A

Abbazz

Here is my contribution entitled "Z". All the best.

Love this Z!

Beautiful bokeh of the green leaves! Some Jupiter lenses are reputed to produce pleasing bokeh such as the one you have.
Thanks for the compliment, those Jupiter-3 lenses sell for very little money with regard to their abilities.

Cheers!

Abbazz

Last edited:

Leica 77

Love this Z!
Thanks for the compliment, those Jupiter-3 lenses sell for very little money with regard to their abilities. Cheers! Abbazz
Hi Abbazz,
Many thanks for your kind comments. As you say, Jupiter-3 lenses' cost performance is highly desirable. The bokeh is akin to what some of the fine Carl Zeiss lenses seem to produce. Best regards, Leica 77.

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks Michael

Keith
Hello Keith,

This looks like a no brainer. Very good result and so soon!
Must have one to. :cool:
At present they seem to be sold out.
Do you know they have one in FD mount? Could not figure that out.

Here is a bokeh from today.
Michiel

- No brain -

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Michael

Hello Keith,

This looks like a no brainer. Very good result and so soon!
Must have one to. :cool:
At present they seem to be sold out.
Do you know they have one in FD mount? Could not figure that out.

Here is a bokeh from today.
Michiel

Michiel:

I don't think he has an FD mount - I wish he would, as I have a few of those lenses. I sent him an e-mail this morning to say that I thought this was a serious competitor to the Lensbaby.

Love your image, as usual

Keith

m3photo

Re: Tilt Adapter

I don't think he has an FD mount ...
Nor do I. Had a thorough look around his site but can't see much at all for Canon FD but plenty for the EOS mount.
There seems to be a good variety of mounts on offer for the tilt adapter, I might get the Nikon one later on.
I clicked on the video link for the tilt adapter and afterwards had a sudden urge to light up a Hamlet cigar ...:D

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re: Tilt Adapter

Nor do I. Had a thorough look around his site but can't see much at all for Canon FD but plenty for the EOS mount.
There seems to be a good variety of mounts on offer for the tilt adapter, I might get the Nikon one later on.
I clicked on the video link for the tilt adapter and afterwards had a sudden urge to light up a Hamlet cigar ...:D
Oh no - better turn the sound down if you do more research :lecture:

His adapter is very well built, and there are other adapters there that I could use. Needs to get the site up in English for us language deprived mortals.

Keith