The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

kweide

Okay, Flowershots.....
Fineart Bokeh :) That is ust a kiss, a soft touch of bokeh. Lets say erotic bokeh...

f6cvalkyrie

Excellent bokeh-graphy from Jerry and Leica77 (don't you have a first name ? ;))

Here's a shot where I am undecided between two versions : colour or B&W ??
Please give me your opinion !

(Micro-NIKKOR 55mm f2.8)

C U
Rafael

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Raf - very close, but the B & W does it for me
The way those little drops of water get trapped in the web is a wonderful opportunity for bokehgraphs

Keith

Leica 77

Excellent bokeh-graphy from Jerry and Leica77 (don't you have a first name ? ;))

Here's a shot where I am undecided between two versions : colour or B&W ??
Please give me your opinion !

(Micro-NIKKOR 55mm f2.8)

C U
Rafael
Hi Rafael,
It's a close call! I like them both. Somehow it boils down to the beautiful bokeh on the wet spider's web and a sharp-focus spider. Each one (color and B&W) has its own tremendous appeal. :)

Leica 77

G1 + Micro Nikkor 55mm. F3.5. Preset. Rare First Version. 75/25 Ratio. ISO 100. Aperture F3.5. "Hibiscus Bud".

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Colchester Essex - Sunday. Pentax 50mm/1.4
"Mist Over the Lake"
Trying to get a feeling similar to the way Turner painted the UK

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
G1 + Micro Nikkor 55mm. F3.5. Preset. Rare First Version. 75/25 Ratio. ISO 100. Aperture F3.5. "Hibiscus Bud".

Leica, this is an interesting one. Those little circular dohickies on the bud are also out of focus?
My Micro Nikkor arrived, but when I left there was still no adapter. Have to wait a few weeks before trying a macro :thumbdown:

Keith

Leica 77

Colchester Essex - Sunday. Pentax 50mm/1.4
"Mist Over the Lake"
Trying to get a feeling similar to the way Turner painted the UK

Hi Keith,
It has a nice misty feel as the title indicates. The color is really pretty. I trust you are having lots of fun in UK.

Regarding the last bokehgraph I posted, the depth of field was very limited using my Micro Nikkor 55mm lens (the preset first version). The little tiny circles are indeed OOF areas in the form of bokeh. I am pleased that you recognized them as such. All the best! :)

P.S. I have just noticed that it is my 666th post!

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Black and White version of "Mist Over the Lake"
The mantra of bogehgraphy is "post process to enhance the bokeh"
I find different challenges doing this with color and black and white, not surprising because we are dealing with two kinds of contrasts. I often find myself liking the black and white the best.

Keith

Leica 77

Black and White version of "Mist Over the Lake"
The mantra of bogehgraphy is "post process to enhance the bokeh"
I find different challenges doing this with color and black and white, not surprising because we are dealing with two kinds of contrasts. I often find myself liking the black and white the best.

Keith

Hi Keith,
I am pleased to see the B&W version of "Mist Over the Lake". Ever since I became a photo enthusiast, I have always liked B&W images. In fact, on a separate thread, I just posted another B&W digital image recorded in western China earlier this year. All the best, my friend! :)

bavanor

Leica 77, I will be going for another walk today trying to capture some more bokeh-graphs. This time I think with the olympus 50-200mm.

Woodmancy, Mists over the Lake is great. I think you captured that Turner feel very nicely. Personally I like the color version much better.

Klaus, I love the smooth transitions of the focus on your flower shots, very nice! I keep going back to look at them.