The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

abry

I liked among others the blossom picture taken with the Nikon 24/2. For a different look here are a couple taken with a Nikon 200mm f/4 ai-s at f/4.

Michiel Schierbeek

Here are some more flowers with an Isco-Göttingen Berlino-Westromat 35/2 (a mouthfull).
This lens has a very peculiar way of drawing backgrounds. I like it a lot, it reminds me of watercolors.
I will post some more in the - G1 with (older) German lenses - thread.

Michiel

abry

Terrific photos with the lens that's a mouthful, especially the first one. Makes the Nikon look rather clinical and boring

Leica 77

spring is in the air, bokeh-time :D

G1 with Nikkor 24/2.0 @ f2.0

C U,
Rafael
Here are some more flowers with an Isco-Göttingen Berlino-Westromat 35/2 (a mouthfull).
This lens has a very peculiar way of drawing backgrounds. I like it a lot, it reminds me of watercolors.
I will post some more in the - G1 with (older) German lenses - thread.

Michiel

Wonderful bokehgraphs Rafael and Michiel! Your images celebrate the arrival of spring beautifully! These two images are certainly among the most exciting contributions in this thread. All the best, Leica 77 :)

Michiel Schierbeek

Terrific photos with the lens that's a mouthful, especially the first one. Makes the Nikon look rather clinical and boring
Thanks Abry.
The first series, with the 135/2 you posted are really nice in the background and look much more interesting then the 200 mm ones.
I have 2 Nikon ai lenses (50/2 and 105/2.5) and they both have very nice bokeh.
There are some examples way back in this thread :)
I found one with the Nikon 50/2

Michiel

Winkel

Ahhh... Very refreshing to see the great images of new spring growth :thumbs:.

A couple from the E-PL1 and Zeiss Makro 2.8/60:

Jim

f6cvalkyrie

Wonderful bokehgraphs Rafael and Michiel! Your images celebrate the arrival of spring beautifully! These two images are certainly among the most exciting contributions in this thread. All the best, Leica 77 :)
Thanks, Leica 77 for your encourageing comments !

C U
Rafael

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
What incredible stuff over the past week - Spring is definitely in the air.
Michiel - you have quite a series going here!

Thanks for the kind words, Seakayaker.

I'm behind, mainly because of the Volcano. The entire trip had to be reconstructed in Rome - the UK is cancelled and the Greek Islands are substitued (stayed on the boat, it's immune to the volcano!)

The BAD project - Day 18

"Flower Field, Almeria"

Keith

[/CENTER]

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Looks artificial rather than true lens blur... is this really lens bokeh or is the blur added in post-processing?

Hi Lars

This is true lens blur with my trusted Pentax 50mm/1.4 at full aperture, but I am using the Italian Tilt Adapter with it to put a "slice" of focus through it.

I do some software bokehgraphs, but always reference that this is what I am doing when I post the picture.

Keith

Jonas

Lovely shots, everyone. Here is one from Ebiza;

BAD Project - Day 17

"Guarding my Master"
Hi Keith,

That is the smoothest background blur I ever seen from a Pentax 50/1.4 (regardless of incarnation). Maybe even too smooth? Lol. I didn't know the lens character could be that different by some tilting.

Thank you for all the images!

/Jonas

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi Keith,

That is the smoothest background blur I ever seen from a Pentax 50/1.4 (regardless of incarnation). Maybe even too smooth? Lol. I didn't know the lens character could be that different by some tilting.

Thank you for all the images!

/Jonas
Jonas

When Lars asked if the blur was software created, I thought he meant a program that puts bokeh into a sharp image (eg Focalpoint2 or Bokeh). This image uses the real bokeh from the lens plus the tilt.
But - it is processed through in Topaz and this could have modified the bokeh when I was searching for the right colors etd. I'll dig out the original image and post tomorrow.

Keith