The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Chives

GF1 with a Leica Lumix G Vario-Elmam 1:3.8 - 5.6 \14 - 50 ASPH. - ISO 800 - f/5.6 - 1/1300 - 50mm

. . . . . afternoon walk . . . . . return to the scene of the crime with a different lens . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)
Definitely worth returning to the crime scene - lovely image, Dan.

Keith

kweide

Keith,
that was easy :) You know the Hamilton effect ???
Just breathe on the lens and wait a little that the moisture on the lens drys. Take your shots...if drying lasts too long you may clean wipe a center spot with a microfib cloth. That works

Klaus

seakayaker

I took a walk this evening back to a garden where I took some shots during a visit on an overcast day this past weekend. Tonight was totally different with a bright light from the setting sun.

Sun Gate

GF1 with Voitlander Nokton Asph. 50 mm f/1.5 - ISO 100 - f/1.5 - 1/500 - 50 mm

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Brian Mosley

Keith, I've just popped in with a shot to post from today - noticed your BAD project... wonderful sequence, you're amazing :clap:

Looking forward to reading your 30 day review :D

Here's my offering, day 81 of my PAD project. Hope simple oof is OK :eek:

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/640s f/3.5 at 20.0mm iso200​

Cheers

Brian

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Keith, I've just popped in with a shot to post from today - noticed your BAD project... wonderful sequence, you're amazing :clap:

Looking forward to reading your 30 day review :D

Here's my offering, day 81 of my PAD project. Hope simple oof is OK :eek:

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/640s f/3.5 at 20.0mm iso200​

Cheers

Brian

Lovely to see you here, Brian.

My BAD project only lasted 30 days - you have further to go than that with PAD :salute:

Nice street bokehgraph. If you get time try that little tilt adapter - let's you put a tiny piece of in-focus stuff in the image. I found it to be a lot of fun when I did the BAD thing

Keith

Brian Mosley

Do you have a link to the tilt adapter you mention? sounds interesting!

I'm only shooting for 90 days of PAD... only 9 days to go :toocool:

Cheers

Brian

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I took a walk this evening back to a garden where I took some shots during a visit on an overcast day this past weekend. Tonight was totally different with a bright light from the setting sun.

Sun Gate

GF1 with Voitlander Nokton Asph. 50 mm f/1.5 - ISO 100 - f/1.5 - 1/500 - 50 mm

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Dan:

This is really nice. The colors in the background work so well together, and the in-focus sun gives the eye something to zero in on.

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Taking a break from out of focus stuff - so this image should be in focus :toocool:

This is the Trevi Fountain in Rome, taken at dusk just after the lights were switched on. We always stay about 100 yds from here in a small hotel. The activity from dusk to early morning is incredible - this is a gathering point for the locals and the tourists. In one hour from this shot the crowd doubled.

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Taking a break from out of focus stuff - so this image should be in focus :toocool:

This is the Trevi Fountain in Rome, taken at dusk just after the lights were switched on. We always stay about 100 yds from here in a small hotel. The activity from dusk to early morning is incredible - this is a gathering point for the locals and the tourists. In one hour from this shot the crowd doubled.

Keith
Posted this to prove that my eyes are OK and I can do normal stuff on these trips - but there are some oof highlights in there!

Keith:)