The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

bavanor

I didn't walk to the store today, but I did get out and walk down to the dock's here in Seattle. I just used the Olympus zuiko 50mm f2.0 and the olympus 50-200mm zuiko lens (opened up the f-stop can very from 2.8-3.5). I am having fun with this thread.

The last photo was taken on the walk back from the docks through the park.

Now if I can scrape some change together and get a nikon f adapter for the G1 I can try a whole slew of old nikkor lenses. Even more fun :thumbup:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Leica77, Thank you.

Aaron, I like them all, but #4 is my favorite. Those are both spectacular lenses that you used. The Oly 50 f/2 is one of my favorite lenses on my G1. It is one of the sharpest lenses that I have ever owned, but has beautiful bokeh, too.

bavanor

Thanks Cindy,

I have to agree with you on the zuiko 50mm, it is one awesome lens. All of my sharpest pictures have been from this lens, just amazing. Just to show how sharp, here is a poppy I took way back with the E-1 and the 50mm.

f6cvalkyrie

Leica77, your "Hibiscus Bud" is a lovely shot !

Keith, I like your "Mist", with a small preference for the coloured one.

Cindy, your "Crazy Bokeh" is a great picture !

C U
Rafael

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Cindy - wonderful pictures. Lots going on in the background. Looks like I'll have to get a Summerex now (this is getting expensive :bugeyes:)

Keith

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Raf, Nice colors and thank you.

Keith, Thank you. The Summarex is a wonderful old lens. Here is another from last winter showing another side of the Summarex (on G1).

Just Before Bloom

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Suffolk, UK - Monday. Pentax 50/1.4
"Corn Field"
Two versions:
1. 100% Bokehgraph
2. 75/25% Bokehgraph
Taken from the same vantage point.

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Klaus
Thank you, this stuff is exciting me - I was visiting my mother in her old folks home and pulled off the road for two minutes to take these pictures. As you know, post processing becomes very important.

Keith

Leica 77

Great bokehgraphs, Aaron, Cindy, Jerry, Keith, Rafael, and Vivek!! :thumbs:

G1 + Zeiss Opton Sonnar 50mm F1,5. "Morning Walk".