The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

seakayaker

Out for an evening walk with the GF1/adaptor and Zeiss 45/2 lens . . . .

Flower Bokeh

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Contax G Planar T* 45mm f/2 -- ISO 100 -- f/2 -- 1/100 -- 45mm

&

Dying Flowers

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Contax G Planar T* 45mm f/2 -- ISO 100 -- f/2 -- 1/50 -- 45mm

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
. . .Keith, I like this very much. Just curious; are the people in the background cooks, or part of some festivity? . . .

Cheers
Michiel
Thanks Michiel:

This is taken on the Holland-America Eurodam on the night before destination. the Head Chef always does a special meal and we are invited to wear the appropriate hat. Lots of fun.

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Out for an evening walk with the GF1/adaptor and Zeiss 45/2 lens . . . .

Flower Bokeh

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Contax G Planar T* 45mm f/2 -- ISO 100 -- f/2 -- 1/100 -- 45mm

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Dan - I love them both, but the first one is special, the way the out of focus and the colors come together so well

Keith

seakayaker

Dan - I love them both, but the first one is special, the way the out of focus and the colors come together so well

Keith
Many thanks for your kind words!

Your photo of your flower is amazing, do you have the original photo? I would love to see the distance this flower traveled to reach its current presentation. What software do you use to create the image?

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Many thanks for your kind words!

Your photo of your flower is amazing, do you have the original photo? I would love to see the distance this flower traveled to reach its current presentation. What software do you use to create the image?

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)
Hi Dan:

Here is the original. I was testing oof bokehs last year, and put this one in the maybe pile (didn't like that the flower and bee were oof)

Processed in Photoshop with the Topaz plug-in set to HDR Pop, I think - and then some extreme movements of the sliders (hence "Take me to the Limit")

I put one of those multi-square semi-transparent frames on it from PhotoFrame - it enhances the square grid pattern in the image caused by over saturation

Keith

seakayaker

Hi Dan:

Here is the original. I was testing oof bokehs last year, and put this one in the maybe pile (didn't like that the flower and bee were oof)

Processed in Photoshop with the Topaz plug-in set to HDR Pop, I think - and then some extreme movements of the sliders (hence "Take me to the Limit")

I put one of those multi-square semi-transparent frames on it from PhotoFrame - it enhances the square grid pattern in the image caused by over saturation

Keith

Thanks for sharing the original. I am quite impressed with the original and the bokeh produced by the Voigtlander 40/1.4 Nokton, just beautiful circles.

. . . . . and I appreciate you passing on the processing methods and tools that you use. I will have to give that a shot and move in that direction at some time in the future.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

G

grum

Thanks - yeah I'm pretty thrilled with the lens actually, makes lots of lovely creamy bokeh - never used anything as fast before.

Notice the thin line of of focus running up the wall on the right :)