The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
- Under my umbrella (With thanks to The Hollies) -
G1 + Topcor 35/2.8
Michiel

Love that figure in the background - this one reminds me a bit of Mike Regnier's early bokehgraphs that he posted here

Re Hollies - this is a nice tribute to Graham Nash for all the work he has done in the realm of digital photography and fine art printing :thumbs:

Keith

seakayaker

Thanks Keith. Yes I do search for bokeh:toocool:in the viewfinder, regardless how ackward my photographing positions may look like in the street. :D

This is not yet my LAD Photo from today, but just one in between, I actually like more then the one I posted with this lens.

Michiel

- Under my umbrella (With thanks to The Hollies) -
G1 + Topcor 35/2.8

Michiel, this is a beautiful bokehgraph, love the woman under the umbrella wrapped in the blur and the bokeh!

I would like to say this is one of my favorites . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
This one is from a cheap lens called an Arco Tokyo Tele-Colinar 135/3.5

Didn't want to brighten it up in post processing because this is exactly how it looked

Keith

seakayaker

This one is from a cheap lens called an Arco Tokyo Tele-Colinar 135/3.5

Didn't want to brighten it up in post processing because this is exactly how it looked

Keith

Keith a couple of wonderful bokehgraphs!

Great detail in the first shot (spider web strands) along with the nice circular bokeh. Great color of the flower and works well against the gray background!

Nicely Done!

. . . . . and your lens collection continues to grow . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

VIOLET FLOWER

Gf1 with Carl Zeiss Sonnar 90mm f/2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f/2.8 -- 1/400 -- 90mm

. . . . . out for walk this evening taking photos down at a neighborhood garden (P - Patch) . . . . . the sun is out for a second straight day! . . . . . and its warm!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

GH1 + KOWA f1.1 37.5mm

@f4 (as someone like that best...compare to Kinoptik as previously posted)
Klaus, love the blue color in the first shot, and the second shot with the sharp detail of the lilly and a wonderful swirling bokeh! Wonderful!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Dan, these last two of yours are stellar

Bamboo - wonderful circles

Violet Flower - the colors work so well together

I thought I had bought an Elmar 90mm recently, but when later I used it I found it was another 135mm. But it was so nice I kept it. I had better get looking again. What is your favorite focal length for bokehgraphs?

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Keith, I only have 1 Enna lens, a 135mm. The Arco lens I have even never heard off.
The photographs look very promising and I would like to see some more.
That Lithagon is that a M42 mount lens?

Dan, very nice and sunny :) Zeiss bokeh.

LAD Project Day #37 Part II
G1 + VC Nokton 50/1.5

Michiel

- Fairy tail -

L

LJ2004

a few days not been here ,so many nice photos.
Cheers everybody.

Zeiss Ikoflex Ia, kodak E100VS

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Keith, I only have 1 Enna lens, a 135mm. The Arco lens I have even never heard off.
. . . . . . . . . . . .
Michiel

[/CENTER]
Michiel

Both the Arco and the Enna are Exakta mount.

Here is a pic of the Arco 135 - solid lens but with some patina, the glass is very good. The brown leather case in the picture holds the Enna.

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel

Both the Arco and the Enna are Exakta mount.

Here is a pic of the Arco 135 - solid lens but with some patina, the glass is very good. The brown leather case in the picture holds the Enna.

Keith

I wouln't let that lens be if I saw it :deadhorse:
There are so many surprises still in exakta mount.

Michiel

seakayaker

Dan, these last two of yours are stellar

Bamboo - wonderful circles

Violet Flower - the colors work so well together

I thought I had bought an Elmar 90mm recently, but when later I used it I found it was another 135mm. But it was so nice I kept it. I had better get looking again. What is your favorite focal length for bokehgraphs?

Keith
Keith, thank you for your kind words, the Contax G Zeiss lens take wonderful photographs and both have very nice bokeh.

There have been a number of Elmar 90's on Ebay lately so you should be able to find one. I love the Elmar 90 it takes wonderful shots! I also love the Leitz 135 as well! I don't think you can go wrong having two, although I am sure I would be selling or trading one for the Elmar 90 or something else.

You asked 'What is you favorite focal length for bokehgraphs? . . . . . that is a tough question! What day of the week is it?

Today I would have to say the 90mm focal length on the micro 4/3 works for me. I like what I see both from the Elmar and the Zeiss 90mm lenses. I would also like to get my hands on a Voigtlander 90/3.5 APO and one of the modern Leica 90mm to see what Bokeh they produce.

Then on any given day of the week I could make the case for the Voigtlander 50/1.5 and 75/2.5. the Leitz 50/2, the Leica D 14 - 50mm Vario, and the new Zeiss Jena Biometar 80/2.8!

. . . . . and then the lens that you, Michiel, and others demonstrate, the list can go on and on . . . . . oh my :D:D:D

Anyway another from the Zeiss Sonnar 90/2.8.

Calla Lilly

Gf1 with Carl Zeiss Sonnar 90mm f/2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f/2.8 -- 1/200 -- 90mm

Life is Grand!

Dan

~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I can't get over the quality of the art work we are seeing on this thread. Plus, the ongoing commentary on legacy lenses is wonderful.

This is one from a $25 lens called a Carenar 135/2.8. Lovely condition and old style metal construction. Lovely looking glass. (All of my bokehgraphs are at maximum aperture, unless otherwise noted)

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member

Dan, very nice and sunny :) Zeiss bokeh.

LAD Project Day #37 Part II
G1 + VC Nokton 50/1.5

Michiel

- Fairy tail -
It's difficult to define a best one from you Michiel - but this one would be candidate :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Keith