The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Leica 77

Hi Leica 77 - I may break down and get this lens :bugeyes:
How does it produce bokehgraphs from subjects that are primarily linear in nature (a bunch of twigs)

Keith
Hi My Mentor and Friend Keith,
It seems to have a lot to do with the Zeiss Opton Sonnar 50mm F1,5 lens. I also select an object that has many white dots or circles. Thanks to you, this thread is so much fun! It's great that we have Ranger 9, Brian, bondo, Rafael, and of course, Vivek; and others (Lars, JayCee, Y.B.) coming into the fantastic world of "Bokehgraphy". All the best! :)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
One from me:
Leica Summicron R 90 F2 on E-P1
Somehow I knew that Klaus would get involved - this thread could really grow in size :thumbs:

This one is very ethereal
1. light, airy, or tenuous: an ethereal world created through the poetic imagination.
2. extremely delicate or refined: ethereal beauty.
3. heavenly or celestial: gone to his ethereal home.
4. of or pertaining to the upper regions of space.
5. Chemistry. pertaining to, containing, or resembling ethyl ether.

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
My Pentax 6.5mm no focus lens seems quite good for bokehgraphy - but I'm holding some back.

As a salute to the modernist movement (ask Ranger 9 about that) this one is called "Egg and Chips" :sleep006:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Could not hold this one back.

It's called "Wet Lands" and is done with my Pentax 6.5mm no-focus lens.

Sorry to be flooding these in, but I'm off on a European cruise tomorrow, and my disciples have to keep this going.

We need a micro bokehgraph (my micro nikkor 55/3.5 with extension tube arrived today, but the adapter has still to come.)

Also need some telephoto bokehgraphs and maybe some IR and UV

I'm thinking of doing a cruise book in which I take a bokehghraph in each major city to show people where I am (Rome, Constantinople, Athens and all that stuff.

I got a bit excited and wrote to Panasonic about sponsoring a world symposium on bokehgraphy, but they said that we would have to get a release from our bokeh - didn't think Vivek would like that :deadhorse:

Keith

Leica 77

My Pentax 6.5mm no focus lens seems quite good for bokehgraphy - but I'm holding some back.

As a salute to the modernist movement (ask Ranger 9 about that) this one is called "Egg and Chips" :sleep006:

This bokehgraph produced by your Pentax 6.5mm no-focus lens is really beautiful. I also like the image produced by your Jupiter lens, with lots of pretty circles. We'll look forward to seeing bokegraphs of Rome, Constantinople, Athens, etc. Have a nice and safe journey! All the best! :)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
One from me:
Leica Summicron R 90 F2 on E-P1

Kweide - this is not your style. You always title your pictures. But for your first Bokehgraph, you just say "one from me" Boring :thumbdown:

It deserves a title. Next one has to have a title. I'm really into titles after Ranger's comments earlier. Helps to confine your expressions :sleep006:

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member

This bokehgraph produced by your Pentax 6.5mm no-focus lens is really beautiful. I also like the image produced by your Jupiter lens, with lots of pretty circles. We'll look forward to seeing bokegraphs of Rome, Constantinople, Athens, etc. Have a nice and safe journey! All the best! :)
Leica, I promise to do one a day when on my holiday :wtf:
Technically I start on my journey at 9:00am Eastern Time. I may do one at Toronto airport, but next opportunity will be London. According to my internet access, I may bunch them (although I really don't like doing that)

Keith

Leica 77

Micro Nikkor 5.5cm F3.5 Preset Rare First Version. "First Snow Falling" ISO 200. Aperture Wide Open. Another humble contribution to the "Bokehgraphy" before Keith leaves for his European cruise.

Leica 77

G1 + Leica Summicron M 50mm F2,0. ISO 100. Aperture @ F2,0. "Luminous Snow". Another humble contribution to the fine art of "Bokehgraphy".

The equipment used.

f6cvalkyrie

I just couldn't resist to participating in the bokeh-fun, and soon found out that making pleasing unsharp pictures is difficult !!!

Still, here's some of my first experiments.

with the kitlens 14-45 @ 45mm

Nikon 50mm f1.4

C U,
Rafael

Leica 77

I just couldn't resist to participating in the bokeh-fun, and soon found out that making pleasing unsharp pictures is difficult !!!

Still, here's some of my first experiments.

Nikon 50mm f1.4

C U,
Rafael
Hi Rafael,
Wow, the images produced by your Nikon 50mm f1.4 lens are superb! :)