The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Leica 77

Well things start to clarify a little around the idea of a book.

There is another thing one must not forget that unsharp photographs are a sin for most professional photographers. The other day a photographer was hilarously telling me he was on an exhibition with unsharp photographs.
A sharp photograph is highest on the list of his capabilitys, otherwise they are fuzzy. :D

Greetings, Michiel
Hi My Friend Michiel,

I am afraid that the following image "Elizabeth" is probably one of these unsharp photographs! :cry: Best regards!

f6cvalkyrie

The idea of Raphael for an exhibition in Brussel is very nice although I don't know if it should be in collaboration of a painter. May be if there is a very clear link to the theme.
Well, there could be a clear link of themes, if we all start making bokehgraphs of maritime themes ...
Keith & Michiel already showed us the way :D:D

Have a nice day,
Rafael

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
G1 + Leica R Summicron 50mm. "Vibes".

Leica:

This one is intriguing, why did you call it "vibes"?

It reminds me of those high speed camera photos where a bullet pierces an apple - my first thought is to call it "shot" or "projectile" or something . . .

As Ranger pointed out, I think naming is essential to this art, and he has certainly got me doing it.
But the name need have no relationship to the original subject that gave the image. For instance, I did one a few weeks ago in the UK that I called "Mist over the Lake" (I think) - but the subject was the footpath outside of my hotel window. Thats whats good about bokehgraphs, you can run wild with the imagery, if you are doing these pure abstracts.

Keith

Brian Mosley

Personally, I am averse to that idea (ie. AFA my images are concerned).

IMHO, if this is done through this site, it may or may not help this site.

Look at some examples (sites) out there that have this sort of schemes.

One ridiculous site publishes books/calendars and such (selected by a few who run that operation) and every contributing member is obliged (or spammed) into buying a copy. :thumbdown:

That said, I am sure Jack and Guy have a vision and purpose for this site and they would answer that question.
Having coordinated a major exhibition, printed book and e-book on behalf of the Olympus Photo Safari Group - I would be the first to applaud anyone generous enough to undertake such a worthy project!

And just to agree with Vivek's comment above - we never obliged anyone to buy anything on our project - the book sits on blurb, take it or leave it :D

p.s. fabulous bee shots Vivek, you really can't see the wires! :ROTFL:

Cheers

Brian

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Another thought, Leica, of course, I could not call "Stromboli", above, "garden footpath" because the image, although OOF is recognizable :deadhorse:

Keith

Brian Mosley

I am what most people would call a successful business man. I have created one company that was sold in 2002 for enough cash to keep me going for another 100 years. I have another software company that I am still running that could get more cash than that. Cash is not on the top of my mind.
Keith, I have the perfect solution... send Vivek half and you can both forget about money for the next 50 years, plus we can get on with this book project! :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Just kidding, money is only ever a problem / obsession when you don't have enough :cool:

Cheers

Brian

m3photo

Re: "Cash"

Just kidding, money is only ever a problem / obsession when you don't have enough
Quite. Just what I read into the corresponding "messages" on the subject.
I agree with what Woody Allen was quoted as saying:
I'd rather be rich than poor, even if only for economical reasons. :D

V

Vivek

Wow! Things take shape with ears and noses on their own.

I said, I should be left out of this book scheme (whatever reasons I have are my own and I do not need to articulate it) and when Jerry MK mentioned about "commercialization", I clarified my position- meaning that I am not opposed to commerce or "free market" (for lack of a better term).

Word contributions from me and snaps (just as many others) makes this site rich.

Next time someone starts a thread with a new phrase of an age old theme (e.g. fuzz), please specify that any images in that thread would go into a book.

As for my richness or poorness, that is a personal matter. All I can say is that I am comfortable with what I have. ;):)

kweide

Just to inform you:

I am leaving !
Heading south, arriving Italy tomorrow mornig. Will have a nice week in Florence and all that nice stuff around... See you later.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Just to inform you:

I am leaving !
Heading south, arriving Italy tomorrow mornig. Will have a nice week in Florence and all that nice stuff around... See you later.
Kweide:
I hope you stay on line - - - I envy you, we've not been to Florence yet, and we need to correct that. I'm going to post a few ideas on how we could do a book - soon.
Moderators - we need your opinion on how we go about this. We appreciate the forum, and without it this would not happen.

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Next time someone starts a thread with a new phrase of an age old theme (e.g. fuzz), please specify that any images in that thread would go into a book.
QUOTE]

Four put downs in one sentence! You are a master of misintrepetation.
Someone ?
New phrase of an age old theme?
Fuzz?
You know as well as everyone that the idea for a book just popped up a few posts before by Klaus. No one is trying to trap you into a book from the beginning.
The force to know all things better can get in your way and as so often on fora can make things start to turn sour (again).
As you state you are a free and happy person, so live up to it and do not put down peoples ideas or fuzzy things up.
Have a nice day :D
Michiel

Leica 77

Leica:

This one is intriguing, why did you call it "vibes"?

It reminds me of those high speed camera photos where a bullet pierces an apple - my first thought is to call it "shot" or "projectile" or something . . .

As Ranger pointed out, I think naming is essential to this art, and he has certainly got me doing it.
But the name need have no relationship to the original subject that gave the image. For instance, I did one a few weeks ago in the UK that I called "Mist over the Lake" (I think) - but the subject was the footpath outside of my hotel window. Thats whats good about bokehgraphs, you can run wild with the imagery, if you are doing these pure abstracts.

Keith
Hi My Friend Keith,

We are on the same page. I thought of flying objects such as UFOs, etc. Vibes seemed a bit more metaphysical and appropriate for the image at that time.

G1 + Leica R 50mm Summicron. "Garland".

JerryMK

Woodmancy and Leica77 I like you "abstract" bokehgraphs. Great colors. I had a bad habit deleting my fuzzy images. But now I have discovered the beauty hidden inside them from now they will survive...

G1 Canon 100mm f4 Macro

Leica 77

Woodmancy and Leica77 I like you "abstract" bokehgraphs. Great colors. I had a bad habit deleting my fuzzy images. But now I have discovered the beauty hidden inside them from now they will survive...

G1 Canon 100mm f4 Macro
Hi My Friend Jerry,
Simply stunning! :thumbs: :)