The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Michiel Schierbeek

Thank you Mike,

I noticed this shot is very related to your work, which I like much, but not intentional.
I got very interested in just finding the right light and play with it. Especially when colours are at hand.
And the EVF helps so much to find the right moment. :thumbup: for Panasonic
Kind regards, michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

Beautifull funky flower, Keith.
Well we have been going "funky" in this thread for a long time already and preferebly not only by pulling on coloursliders. :ROTFL:
Keep it up :thumbs:
Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Michiel:

This is a good example of looking at the image in negative space - I was seeing positive until I read your explanation. Looks like with some of Mike's texture you can bring it closer to the Mondrian - which is a painting I had long forgotten, I always associate him with the rectangular blocks of color. But the tree was always one of my favorites.
Well done.

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Here is Funky Hydrangea no 2.

I'm having a lot of fun with just two images:

1. Completely out of focus main image
2. An in focus image of the same flower but dramatically simplified.

After that, it's in the hands of my learning curve on Photoshop.

Keith

kds315

Hmm, I thought I could contribute, so ...

"FLAME ON"

Carl Zeiss Jena 0.75/50mm

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

Welcome kds315.
Nice one and a fast lens ! Indeed it looks like a flame glowing flower.
I ran into your website once in a while, interesting but a bit above my knowledge :confused: Were these mostly used for microscopes?

Here is my next one as an answer to the UFO invasion :ROTFL:

- The return from space -

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Very nice one! Would prefer without the lower half, I think. But then I am more for the abstract stuff.
You call everything "Funky" now? :D
Michiel
Michiel:

I was seriously going to put it into the Funky thread, but I wimped out at the last minute :angel:

From now on no more funkys (unless I put them in the funky thread :eek:)

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Finally got around to my first bokehgraph! :D

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
1/4s f/1.7 at 20.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian
So glad to have you here. This one is similar to a few that Michiel has done - so I'll leave it for him to do the artistic review. :deadhorse:. I see many things in there, but one is Pinocchio and his nose (but forgive me, I've done so many images of that!)

Please don't let this bokeh thing distract you from the photos on the school run, I love them (this one is definitely not from the school run?) - or, maybe we can see some bokeh landscapes (they are tough to do :lecture:)

Keith