The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

13ud1

An Ikea lamp with my CDs in the background. Taken with GF1 + 45mm Leica DG Elmarit wide open.

W

wonderer

This looks fun, let me join in. Nothing original but a start nevertheless :)

Though its not 4/3rd - Canon T1i + 50mm 1.8

kweide

This year i was asked to help Santa a bit and well i agreed.
Boy that was massiv fun. Jumping on the roof, flying with the sledge, feeding the rentiers and jumping from the roof thru the chimneys right into strangers living rooms.
This shot is to document our jumps down the funnel and down the christmas tree. The red thing on the right ... thats Santa :)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
This year i was asked to help Santa a bit and well i agreed.
Boy that was massiv fun. Jumping on the roof, flying with the sledge, feeding the rentiers and jumping from the roof thru the chimneys right into strangers living rooms.
This shot is to document our jumps down the funnel and down the christmas tree. The red thing on the right ... thats Santa :)
I can see a wolf's head at the bottom of the funnel. Does Santa know what he is in for

:thumbs:

Keith

kweide

Yes he knew... and imagine how surprised i was, crashing down the funnel, seeing such glooming eyes, such sharp ears and teeth ????? But Santa had holy protection. We gave it some cookies and everything was ok... :)

D

Drayke

I'm a newcomer to the forum and just came across this thread, and ... wow! Such great images! You guys are a real inspiration!

One thing I noticed was that, with all of the many different lenses being used to make them, I don't remember seeing a single shot made with the Panny 45-200mm. There were probably a few that I missed, but certainly not many, and I've found it to be an excellent bokeh lens in the right circumstances. So herewith a few samples on a feathered theme, if I can figure out how to post them:

Bokeh with hummer (200mm, f/8, 1/200, ISO 400; this crop is about 25% of the original)

Hummer with bokeh (175mm, f/8, 1/200, ISO 400)

Young cardinal with intense bokeh background (200mm, f/8, 1/125, ISO 400)

Happy holidays!

Drayke

Last edited:

Leica 77

I'm a newcomer to the forum and just came across this thread, and ... wow! Such great images! You guys are a real inspiration!

One thing I noticed was that, with all of the many different lenses being used to make them, I don't remember seeing a single shot made with the Panny 45-200mm. There were probably a few that I missed, but certainly not many, and I've found it to be an excellent bokeh lens in the right circumstances. So herewith a few samples, if I can figure out how to post them:

Bokeh with hummer (200mm, f/8, 1/200, ISO 400; this crop is about 25% of the original)
Young cardinal (200mm, f/8, 1/125, ISO 400)

Happy holidays!

Drayke
Hi Drayke,

This image is my favorite. Beautiful bokeh for sure! Leica 77.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member

One thing I noticed was that, with all of the many different lenses being used to make them, I don't remember seeing a single shot made with the Panny 45-200mm. There were probably a few that I missed, but certainly not many, and I've found it to be an excellent bokeh lens in the right circumstances. So herewith a few samples on a feathered theme, if I can figure out how to post them:

Happy holidays!

Drayke

Drayke

If you have looked through the thread, you would know that this one would be my favorite (the bokeh is a a level with, or at a higher level of importance as the image, if there is one :toocool:)

Try some saturation and color tweaking and this image will come alive.

Well done - this is the kind of image that is Nirvana for me. I have posted quite a few bokehgraphs from the 45-200 - my Balaclava images are all with this lens.

Let's see some more!

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Best one yet, Michiel :eek:

I think the Bokeh and Blends threads have encouraged us to think more about the end product, than the device that captured it in the first place.

Keith
I agree with Keith. One of your best Michiel. Have you printed this one yet?
It would look great as a large print.

Mike

Michiel Schierbeek

I agree with Keith. One of your best Michiel. Have you printed this one yet?
It would look great as a large print.

Mike
Thanks Mike an Keith,

I just made a selection for big prints done by a professional, all selected from this thread :thumbs:
Posts 663, 778 and 782.
They will be 80 x 60 cm and the Lightballet 180 x 60 cm (post 680)
They will be sealed between 2 layers of plexiglas and no framing.
All for an exhibition I am planning together with some new sculpures of mine.

This last one is nice but the images have to little spatial depts for my taste.
It has been and still is a great experience for me to photograph those spatial, smooth colour transitions.
Thanks to this tread!

Best regards, Michiel