The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

losta

Both of these are quite pleasing! I especially like the one with the foreground iris's and big color blotches.

Poppies

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton Aspherical 50mm f/1.5 -- ISO 100 -- 1/1600 -- f/1.5 -- 50mm

Poppies behind Blue Iris

Gf1 with Voigtlander Nokton Aspherical 50mm f/1.5 -- ISO 100 -- f/1.5 -- 1/400 -- 50mm

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Thank you Michiel & Lisa for your kind words.

. . . . . this thread has had so many wonderful photographs presented. Between the BAD, LAD, FAD, and other contributions by so many it is a joy to visit each day.

So thanks again to Michiel, Lisa, Keith, Brian, Klaus, Rafael, Graham, John, Ron, Abry, Jamesmd, Carl, Jerry, Endre, Michael, mjohnsonton, Scott, Terry, missme, lueallen, Jorgan, max, Rich, hakkalo, Abbazz, Mike, Peter, Diane, Vivek, Cindy, Aaron, Gary, and many others for posting your beautiful Bokeh!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

V

Vivek

Bokeh article from Zeiss that could be an interesting read for some:

http://www.zeiss.com/C12567A8003B8B6F/EmbedTitelIntern/CLN_35_Bokeh_EN/$File/CLN35_Bokeh_en.pdf

f6cvalkyrie

Spectacular, Raf. Whats the best way to get into a mirror lens with the G1?

Keith
thanks, Keith !

I'm not sure that I understand your question :eek:

But, i'll try to tell what I take into account. For me, it is essential that the bokeh is "specific" to say the least. One has to take care to avoid the "donuts" when they do not help the image, or use them to the best extent. That's what I tried in this pic.

Technically speaking, DOF is very shallow, so precise focusing is essential. Due to the long equivalent focal length, handshooting seems impossible to me, and a stable tripod is mandatory. The fact that the lens is rather slow still enhances this.

Also, postprocessing needs some more contrast and saturation than usual.

If this is not what you mean, Keith, please let me know !

C U
Rafael

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
thanks, Keith !

I'm not sure that I understand your question :eek:

But, i'll try to tell what I take into account. For me, it is essential that the bokeh is "specific" to say the least. One has to take care to avoid the "donuts" when they do not help the image, or use them to the best extent. That's what I tried in this pic.

Technically speaking, DOF is very shallow, so precise focusing is essential. Due to the long equivalent focal length, handshooting seems impossible to me, and a stable tripod is mandatory. The fact that the lens is rather slow still enhances this.

Also, postprocessing needs some more contrast and saturation than usual.

If this is not what you mean, Keith, please let me know !

C U
Rafael
Thanks Raf - I have never owned one, so I did not know what the challenges were. Time to bring out the wallet!

This thread is costing me - I've already purchased Michiel's I s c o - G ö t t i n g e n B e r o l i n a W e s t r o m a t 35/2.8 (had to copy that in from his post :bugeyes:)

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Just a little experiment in between with a Cosmicar 8mm/1.4 I found for € 5. Have been filing on it for a while but still does not focus to infinty.
I am afraid I will file the ring into two pieces. Well I'll see.

Michiel

- Dirty hand -

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Just a little experiment in between with a Cosmicar 8mm/1.4 I found for € 5. Have been filing on it for a while but still does not focus to infinty.
I am afraid I will file the ring into two pieces. Well I'll see.

Michiel

- Dirty hand -
I don't think it needs to focus to infinity - that may defocus you from taking pictures like this winner :bugeyes:

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

I don't think it needs to focus to infinity - that may defocus you from taking pictures like this winner :bugeyes:

Keith
Thanks Keith
It has a very strange effect indeed. Little bit like a fisheye while keeping the straight lines.

I'll hope you will like the lens with the long name.
Just say to the people in the street when you take a picture in a laughable position of an odd subject that you have to act like this because this exotic lens has a ridicolous long name. :D
I hope you got a reasonable deal on the P6 adapter.

Even yesterday a woman asked me why for heaven's sake I was taking a picture of that particular subject and I said; it is a long story to explain and she answered; I don't want to know. :confused:

Michiel

f6cvalkyrie

Great shots, Michiel !!!
I hope you're having fun with your project, I do enjoy mine :D

Rafael's FLAD #6, G1 with Hektor 135/4.5

C U,
Rafael

seakayaker

Yellow Rhododendrons

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Contax G Sonnar T* 90mm f/2.8 -- ISO 400 -- f/2.8 -- 1/1000 -- 90mm

Walk about Volunteer Park and the Asian Art Museum with the GF1 & 90mm lens.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

R

raymondluo

I hadn't realized I was taking inspiration from a photo called tower when I took this outside my balcony. Two distracting light spots though.