The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
:lecture: I'm an early morning poster, Michiel, my FLAD for the day was posted at 7 in the morning !

And, at 0639 today :angel:

Have a nice weekend
Rafael
Raf, I'm glad you pulled out the Bell and Howell :thumbup:

Here is one from Dubrovnik. E-P2 with Pentax 50.1.4 and tilt adapter

"Steps 2 - Dubrovnik"

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

LAD Project Day #7
G1 + Nikon Ai 105/2.5

Deeply ashamed I have to admit I am to late, Rafael.
(Hoogmoed komt voor de val :))
To many activitys today.

From the balcony.

Michiel

- Cyclists from above -

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
LAD Project Day #7
G1 + Nikon Ai 105/2.5

Deeply ashamed I have to admit I am to late, Rafael.
(Hoogmoed komt voor de val :))
To many activitys today.

From the balcony.

Michiel

- Cyclists from above -
Not too late for me, as I am a few hours behind. I found this tricky with the BAD project when I found myself posting two in the same day, and looking for stuff on the day after. I'm going to have trouble next year when I cross the international dateline.

Love the picture :thumbs:

Keith

f6cvalkyrie

This one is shot at +/- the shortest possible focusing distance and not cropped.

Rafael's FLAD #8, G1 with Micro-Nikkor 200/4

C U tomorrow !
Rafael

Michiel Schierbeek

LAD Project Day #8
G1 + Olympus om 35/28 + TS Adapter

Still very difficult to work with (for me)
Normally this OM lens is very sharp and I would have liked the yellow flower to contrast more in sharpness.
For the rest I like the result.

Michiel

- Yellow flower -

Leica 77

Michiel, Rafael, Dan, and abry,
Very nice bokehgraphs! The LAD and FLAD Projects are admirable! Here is my contribution. GF1 + 20mm. :)

seakayaker

Rainy Day Roses

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 25mm f/2.8 ZM -- ISO 100 -- f/5.6 -- 1/640 -- 25mm

. . . . . opportunity to trade my Voigtlander Color-Skopar 25mm f/4 with some cash for the Zeiss lens. Out for a rainy day walk this morning . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
LAD Project Day #8
G1 + Olympus om 35/28 + TS Adapter

Still very difficult to work with (for me)
Normally this OM lens is very sharp and I would have liked the yellow flower to contrast more in sharpness.
For the rest I like the result.

Michiel

- Yellow flower -
Michiel

I don't know if I agree with you here. The overall smoothness of the entire image is very attractive - one of your best

:thumbs:

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Michiel, Rafael, Dan, and abry,
Very nice bokehgraphs! The LAD and FLAD Projects are admirable! Here is my contribution. GF1 + 20mm. :)

Lovely, Leica. Very innovative interchange of sharpness, color and composition - up to the usual high standards. By the time LAD, and FLAD are exhausted we could put together a wonderful collection of flowers of every kind. Not too many flowers in my garden yet :thumbdown:

Keith

Leica 77

Lovely, Leica. Very innovative interchange of sharpness, color and composition - up to the usual high standards. By the time LAD, and FLAD are exhausted we could put together a wonderful collection of flowers of every kind. Not too many flowers in my garden yet :thumbdown:

Keith
Fantastic!

I have not attempted a bokeh shot with the 20mm, nice done!

Life is Grand!

~ ;)
Hi Keith and Dan,
Many thanks for your kind words. Your positive comments are much appreciated as always. The bokeh behind the water lily is an image of light coming through a tall tree reflected on a pond. The sky was somewhat gray thus producing a partial black and white background around the bokeh. All the best, Leica 77. :)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
This is called

"Slip, Slidin' Away"

75/25 bokehgraph:lecture: I'm pushing the limits, should be 25% in-focus, 75% out-of-focus :wtf:

Keith

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Michiel

I don't know if I agree with you here. The overall smoothness of the entire image is very attractive - one of your best

:thumbs:

Keith
Thinking again about it, in my head, this is the best bokehgraph you've ever done.

It could be an ideal candidate to add some subtle texture as per Mike.

Keith

Last edited:

f6cvalkyrie

I went to the sunday morning market in our village to shoot some flowers.
Quite difficult to shoot with this 180mm lens handheld, a lot of non-keepers as a result :mad:

Finally, I selected this one for my FLAD

Rafael's FLAD #9, G1 with Nikkor 180/2.8 ED

C U,
Rafael

seakayaker

Orange Flower

GF1 with Voigtlander Color-Heliar 75mm f/2.5 -- ISO 100 -- f/2.5 -- 1/500 -- 75mm

. . . . . continue to enjoy this Voigtlander 75mm lens . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)