The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Michiel Schierbeek

Thank you Leica77.
I have been been in Indonesia as a quest teacher at Bandung in 1984. Beautifull country.
You are fast student, you write Dutch fluently :)

All the best, Michiel

Leica 77

Hallo Michiel,
Great to hear that you taught at Bandung back in the 1980s! Here is one more image from the forest. "Taking a Nap". GF1 + 20mm. Best, Leica 77. :)

seakayaker

Red Poppies with Blue Irises

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 25mm f/2.8 ZM -- ISO 100 -- f/2.8 -- 1/320 -- 25mm

. . . . . looking for bokeh on an overcast day with a very light rain with the Zeiss 25mm . . . . . soft bokeh . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Hallo Michiel,
Great to hear that you taught at Bandung back in the 1980s! Here is one more image from the forest. "Taking a Nap". GF1 + 20mm. Best, Leica 77. :)

Just wanted to say I really enjoyed your shots of the monkeys. The bokeh created with the 20mm lens is really pleasant.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

f6cvalkyrie

to Leica77 : lovely monkeys, did you give them a print of their portret :confused::D:D
to Michiel : very beautiful iris, mine are just starting to open, but I cleaned the pond a little too intensively last autumn :mad:
to seakayaker : you seem to have an inspiring collection of lenses. Very nice pics !

and now :

Rafael's FLAD #11, G1 with Zoom-Nikkor 28-45/4.5

This is a quite rare lens, I've never seen any for sale on Ebay or else.
If you're interested in it, you can read more here :

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/zoomsMF/2845mm.htm

C U,
Rafael

Leica 77

Hi Cindy, Rafael, and Dan,
Many thanks for your kind comments. Monkeys are delightful creatures in wilderness. All the best to you! :)

Michiel Schierbeek

LAD Project Day #11
G1 + Canon FD Macro 200/4

(In the LAD Project day#11 the Revuenon lens should have been 55 instead of 50mm)

Michiel

- Purple drops -

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Yellow Irises

Gf1 with Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 90mm f/2.8 -- ISO 400 -- f/2.8 -- 1/160 -- 90mm

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Hey, Dan - you seem to be keeping up with the LADs and the FLADs, even though you have not officially declared yourself :deadhorse:

This composition is unusual (leaf down the middle), but I like it a lot.

Keith

seakayaker

Hey, Dan - you seem to be keeping up with the LADs and the FLADs, even though you have not officially declared yourself :deadhorse:

This composition is unusual (leaf down the middle), but I like it a lot.

Keith

. . . . . perhaps, a FAD . . . . . :cool:

if I was to try a LAD or a FLAD, I would be making a quick entrance and exit due to the limited # of lens that I have . . . . . :D

The shot is unusual and perhaps should have named it 'breaking all the rules' but I do so like the yellow irises in the background!

. . . . . and I am having fun . . . . . :thumbs:

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

. . . . . perhaps, a FAD . . . . . :cool:
if I was to try a LAD or a FLAD, I would be making a quick entrance and exit due to the limited # of lens that I have . . . . . :D
The shot is unusual and perhaps should have named it 'breaking all the rules' but I do so like the yellow irises in the background!
. . . . . and I am having fun . . . . . :thumbs:
Life is Grand!
Dan
~ ;)
Hi Dan,
It is great that you are having fun and so are we in this Bokeh thread! :)

seakayaker

Coral Poppies

GF1 with Leica - Ernst Leitz Wetzlar - Hector 135mm f/4.5 -- ISO 100 -- f/4.5 -- 1/320 -- 135mm

. . . . . to get a bit exotic (at least for me) I dropped by a small camera shop where just about everything is used (95%) and picked up this 1960 era lens. Walked home in the rain and took some shots close to the house.

I like the bokeh . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

Olympus EPL1 Micro-Nikkor 55 2.8 1/125 @ F/5.6
Hi Lisa,
It's a beautiful bokehgraph. The Micro-Nikkor 55mm lens (both f2.8 and f3.5 versions) is certainly one of my most favorite lenses. The sharpness and bokeh are both extraordinary as shown in your post. Best, Leica 77. :)

seakayaker

Red Poppy in the Evening Sunshine after the Rain

GF1 with Leica - Ernst Leitz Wetzlar - Hector 135mm f/4.5 -- ISO 100 -- f/4.5 -- 1/200 -- 135mm

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)