The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

f6cvalkyrie

This topic is going strong, lovely pictures from all !!!

Here's my next in the FLAD series :

Rafael's FLAD #12, G1 with Kodak Cine Ektar 15/2.5

C U,
Rafael

Michiel Schierbeek

LAD Project Day #12
G1 + Cosinon 50/1.8

Have this lens for some time but never gave it a serious try.
I like the weird bokeh, although it makes me a little dizzy. :)

Michiel

- Floating caps -

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Lovely subject and composition, Michiel
Dan, that old Leica lens works so well in your poppy pictures - and poppy is my favorite flower. There is a field near my home in England that is flaming red in spring when the poppies are in bloom

Wow, this period of the thread is advancing so fast, I can barely keep up with it
;)

But, what a collection of lenses we are seeing, and some great photography. I am learning a lot, but I fear I'm also spending a lot.

Isn't it great that m4/3 has encouraged photographers to start using these older lenses again, and to dig up new ones?

Thanks to everyone.

We eventually have some flowers in Canada - so here is a picture taken with the CZ 25/1.4 cctv lens, taken at full aperture.

Keith

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Same subject as the last image, I'm afraid.

But this is taken with the new Oly m4/3 9-18 zoom

1/50s, f5.6, ISO100,18mm

So far, I'm very happy with the way this lens is performing.

Keith

M

Matern

Hi,
Here is a new one from my E-P1 with my "new" Zuiko OM 50mm 1.4 wide open.

Marcus

Leica 77

Lovely subject and composition, Michiel
Dan, that old Leica lens works so well in your poppy pictures - and poppy is my favorite flower. There is a field near my home in England that is flaming red in spring when the poppies are in bloom

Wow, this period of the thread is advancing so fast, I can barely keep up with it
;)

But, what a collection of lenses we are seeing, and some great photography. I am learning a lot, but I fear I'm also spending a lot.

Isn't it great that m4/3 has encouraged photographers to start using these older lenses again, and to dig up new ones?

Thanks to everyone.

We eventually have some flowers in Canada - so here is a picture taken with the CZ 25/1.4 cctv lens, taken at full aperture.

Keith

Hi Keith,
What a lovely bokehgraph! Great boken both in the foreground and background. Your leadership in this thread always shines. Best regards, Leica 77. :)

Leica 77

This topic is going strong, lovely pictures from all !!!

Here's my next in the FLAD series :

Rafael's FLAD #12, G1 with Kodak Cine Ektar 15/2.5

C U,
Rafael
Hi Rafael,
Another great bokehgraph! Lovely soft margins. I have been enjoying your excellent FLAD Series. All the best, Leica 77. :)

seakayaker

Pink Flowers

GF1 with Voigtlander Color - Heliar 75mm f/2.5 -- ISO 100 -- f/2.5 -- 1/640 -- 75mm

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

f6cvalkyrie

Thanks for your comments, Leica77 and Keith !

Here's today's input

Rafael's FLAD #13, G1 with Nikkor 300/2.8 IF-ED and TC-300

C U,
Rafael

seakayaker

Hi Keith,
What a lovely bokehgraph! Great boken both in the foreground and background. Your leadership in this thread always shines. Best regards, Leica 77. :)

++1

I Love both shots, but the one shot with the CZ 25/1.4 cctv lens is my favorite of the two.

Outstanding!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Bokeh at f11. Pentax 135mm 3.5. Background is a stand of tall trees in semi-shade about 80-100 yards behind flower. G1

Larry
Larry this is a beautiful shot!

Sharp as a tack, the flower with the small spider web and the colors are very very nice!

Life is Grand!

~ ;)