The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Michiel Schierbeek

LAD Project Day #15
G1 + Novoflex bellows with Macro Noflexar 60/4

Today it rains. I tryed to focus inside. Very hard to do on your own. You can almost see the lens reflected in my eye.

- :shocked: Trying to focus :shocked: -

seakayaker

Rafael's FLAD #15, G1 with Falcon/Samyang 85/1.4

I had to close the opening by 2 stops for this shot.
This lens is sooooo fast.
I need to buy ND filters for it :eek::eek:

C U,
Rafael

Rafael, beautiful bokeh and beautiful flowers, I love the shot!

I do hope you and your family are doing well.

. . . . . and that you passed the exams with ease . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

Hi Lisa, Rafael, Michiel, Jerry, and Dan,
Excellent contributions to the quest for fine bokehgraphy! Best regards, Leica 77. :)

f6cvalkyrie

An indoor shot today, the weather being too bad to go walking with the dog :D

Rafael's FLAD #16, G1 with Panasonic 14-45/3.5-5.6

C U,
Rafael

seakayaker

Blue Flowers

GF1 with LEICA D VARIO-ELMAR 14-50mm f/3.8 - 5.6 -- ISO 100 -- f/10 -- 1/80 -- 36mm

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Last edited:

seakayaker

Rafael, beautiful Orchids!

I can appreciate the rain, it feel like it has been raining the whole month of May here in Seattle.

. . . . . since I felt I was probably exaggerating, i decided to check . . . . . the results . . . . . .

Seattle Climate Data -- May 2010

May's 2010 weather for Seattle has brought below normal temperatures, sunshine, clouds, and rain after a cool, mostly cloudy, and rainy April. For May 1 - 29, there have been four days with sunny sky conditions, seven days with partly cloudy sky conditions, and eighteen days with cloudy sky conditions.

Precipitation for May 1 - 29 is running above normal at 2.41 inches compared to the normal 1.68 inches. There have been nineteen days with precipitation.

Yes, there was rain again today!

La Conner, Washington

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

Grass

GF1 with Ernst Leitz Wetzlar - Hector 135mm f/4.5 -- ISO 100 -- f/4.5 -- 1/160 -- 135mm

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

It looks like it's raining all over the globe :(

Dan, I really like this picture and the drawing of this Leica lens.
I was just wondering what PP you use. I saw quiet some sharpening and I tryed some more contrast and a tad of saturasation. These older lenses can appear rather muted and can use some extra contrast.
I did some PP on it in PS and could lift it up some more.
Better work in RAW, of course.
Just wondering :)

Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

LAD Project Day #15
G1 + Zeiss Sonnar 135/3.5

There are a gazillion 135mm lenses but this is one of my favourites that I know off. This one always surprises me.

Michiel

- Blue flower -

seakayaker

It looks like it's raining all over the globe :(

Dan, I really like this picture and the drawing of this Leica lens.
I was just wondering what PP you use. I saw quiet some sharpening and I tryed some more contrast and a tad of saturasation. These older lenses can appear rather muted and can use some extra contrast.
I did some PP on it in PS and could lift it up some more.
Better work in RAW, of course.
Just wondering :)

Michiel
Michiel, what I know about PP today I could fit on the head of a pin.

The process: Camera to Aperature, edit with Plug in Dfine 2.0 32 bit, Open in Adobe Bridge to Photo Shop, in Photo Shop reduce size to 10 x 7.5 and reduce resolution from 300 to 100 pixels/inch, save as jpeg, upload to flickr, post on DPI.

. . . . . taking a class on post production is on my agenda as a must do . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

The process: Camera to Aperature, edit with Plug in Dfine 2.0 32 bit, Open in Adobe Bridge to Photo Shop, in Photo Shop reduce size to 10 x 7.5 and reduce resolution from 300 to 100 pixels/inch, save as jpeg, upload to flickr, post on DPI.

. . . . . taking a class on post production is on my agenda as a must do . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)
Don't know Aperture and Dfine, I work with Lightroom, but if you can find the contrast and vibrance sliders you are on your way. Saturation is very quickly to much and will make the boarders between colours harsh especially between red and blue. Experiment and don't be afraid of the sliders :)

Michiel

seakayaker

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)
Michiel, taking another approach . . . . .

. . . . . took the original raw, opened in Bridge to Preview, save as tiff 16 channel, then open in Bridge to Photo Shop. Made adjustment to brightness/contrast and then Images > Adjustments > Levels > Options > selected Enhance per Channel Contrast.

The result .....

Grass

GF1 with Ernst Leitz Wetzair - Hector 135mm f/4.5 -- ISO 100 -- f/4.5 -- 1/160 -- 135mm

A different look . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)