The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

seakayaker

Iris Stack

GF1 with Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetziar - Hector 135mm f/4.5 -- ISO 100 -- f/4.5 -- 1/80 -- 135mm

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

f6cvalkyrie

Ultra Wide Angle bokeh today.
After several days of indoor shooting, we are back outdoors :)

Rafael's FLAD #18, G1 with Panasonic 7-14/4.0

C U,
Rafael

seakayaker

Incredible shots previous five photos prior to my "Iris Stack" post!

Keith, I do not know if I will ever be able to take a shot like that, I do believe it is time I get one of those IGBW3528 lens!:)

. . . . . on a serious note, I really love the photo, and I love the bokeh circles from the lens. Also a serious question, could this be considered a blend?

Jerry, love the shot, could be painted etched or frosted glass and has a lovely soft look . . . . . I love the glow of the flower itself! Very nice . . . . .

Richie, Lovely bokeh, and love the mirrored effect!

Michiel, the passing truck is great, love the colors and the simplicity of the side of a building with the passing truck. Wonderful color combination . . . . . just lucky or did you wait for the yellow truck?

Rafael, very nice shot . . . . . the lighter black background with the touch of blue streak enhances the bokeh in this shot . . . . . :D:D:D

Enjoy the shots everyone!

. . . . . keep 'em coming!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Last edited:

seakayaker

Rainy Day Peone

Gf1 with Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetziar - Hector 135mm f/4.5 -- ISO 100 -- f/4.5 -- 1/250 -- 135mm

Twenty-one days of rain in May . . . . .

. . . . . 1st day of June . . . . . still raining

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

f6cvalkyrie

Rainy Day Peone

Gf1 with Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetziar - Hector 135mm f/4.5 -- ISO 100 -- f/4.5 -- 1/250 -- 135mm

Twenty-one days of rain in May . . . . .

. . . . . 1st day of June . . . . . still raining

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Hi, Dan,

that's a lovely shot ! I see that you really got the hang of this Hektor lens !
And, the raindrops add to the pic, so don't pray for the rain to stop :deadhorse:

C U,
Rafael

Leica 77

Ultra Wide Angle bokeh today.
After several days of indoor shooting, we are back outdoors :)

Rafael's FLAD #18, G1 with Panasonic 7-14/4.0

C U,
Rafael
Hi Rafael,
You are a master of Bokehgraphy. Last year, I decided to get my Panasonic 7-14mm lens after seeing your wonderful images in this Forum. By the way, your previous image by the Nikkor 105mm f2.5 lens is fantastic. I have had my copy for a long time as it is a top performer. Thanks for the inspiration. Best, Leica 77. :)

Leica 77

Here is another from my IGBW3528 lens. This time I was trying to push the bokehgraphy toward the old style.

This is called:

"Plane tree, lawn, hedge, path and a road through the middle"

Keith

Hi Keith,
I love the bokeh produced by your ISCO GOTTINGEN .... Glass. "IGBW3528" sounds almost like a high-end German auto... :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Best regards, Leica 77. :)

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi Keith,
I love the bokeh produced by your ISCO GOTTINGEN .... Glass. "IGBW3528" sounds almost like a high-end German auto... :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Best regards, Leica 77. :)
+1 Nice and fresh abstract with yout Isco Göt..........................................

Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Leica and Michiel.

Michiel wondered why I had been quiet lately

I have been on a small buying spree, which is totally due to this thread :cussing:

I recently bought my IGBW2835, and I'm still in the feeling out phase. But, today Fedex delivered two more parcels:

Leica Hector 135/4.5 - bought because of the recent wonderful bokehgraphs by Dan

Sigma 400mm/5.6 Mirror lens - bought because of stuff from Raf and Michiel

So lets see if I can produce some shots :bugeyes:

Here is another one from the IGBW2835 - barely meets the 75/25 rule :wtf:

But I processed it in Topaz to give a bit of an HDR look

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Wonderfull composition of colours Keith.
Lenses, lenses ....., it is fun to check them out that's why I enjoy this LAD project so much, you have to try to get the best out of each lens.
Thanks for that, Keith :)
With the Isco you really have to search through the viewer and compose your bokeh with this lens and then it is able of remarkable results, I think.

Today the forum was out of reach in my area, no connection possible at all. :confused:

LAD Project Day #19
G1 + Minolta Rokkor 45/2
(Oké lens, but not very special, not so good as the Konica 40/1.8. I got a 50/1.7 coming :p)

This is a picture, shot in my studio, through my latest sculpture wide open.

- Through -

Leica 77

Hi Michiel and Keith,
Great bokehgraphs as usual. I post a couple of test shots of bokeh with the newly acquired ISCO GOTTINGEN WESTROMAT 50/1,9. The bokeh produced by this glass is certainly different from the bokeh produced by any of the lenses I have.

"Small Tree". G1 + 50/1,9.

"Big Tree". G1 + 50/1,9.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Incredible shots previous five photos prior to my "Iris Stack" post!

Keith,

. . . . . on a serious note, I really love the photo, and I love the bokeh circles from the lens. Also a serious question, could this be considered a blend?

Dan
~ ;)

Dan, you are right, it is technically a blend - but only in the framing. I sometimes use Photoframe to frame my images, and some of their options involve blending around the edges. But my bokehgraphs themselves don't have any texture blending in them - if they do, I put them in Michael's blends thread (which I love)

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi Michiel and Keith,
Great bokehgraphs as usual. I post a couple of test shots of bokeh with the newly acquired ISCO GOTTINGEN WESTROMAT 50/1,9. The bokeh produced by this glass is certainly different from the bokeh produced by any of the lenses I have.

"Big Tree". G1 + 50/1,9.

Looks very promising especially the first one. Would like to see a more traditional one with something in focus on the foreground.
I have the Isco ....... 135/2.8 but it doesn't not have that "look" like the 35 and this one.

Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi Michiel and Keith,
Leica:

These bokehs look very good to me (as a bokehgrapher :D), so much so, I just bought the lens. Luckily I got one in M42 mount so I can use it with my Italian tilt adapter. This may replace my trusty Pentax 50/1.4 :deadhorse:

Thanks

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

LAD Project Day #20
G1 + Carl Zeiss Sonnar 180/2.8 (Pentacon 6 mount)

Tomorrow I will be gone all day, so I post my LAD just over midnight to play it by the rules. :cool:

This Photo is a detail of a bridge made by the famous Spanisch architect Calatrava. He made a serie of small bridges just outside Amsterdam.
It was shot at around F8, I think, to show a little more of the structure.
Such a nice lens, but so big, it is always quiet an expedition to work with it.

- Bridge -

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Wonderfull composition of colours
. . . With the Isco you really have to search through the viewer and compose your bokeh with this lens and then it is able of remarkable results, I think.

This is a picture, shot in my studio, through my latest sculpture wide open.
Michiel

I found the same thing with my Isco. The bokeh is extraordinary when seen in the viewfinder of the G1, you really can spend time getting it right.

I haven't checked but is this latest sculpture on your web site?

Keith

seakayaker

Hi Michiel and Keith,

"Big Tree". G1 + 50/1,9.

Love the Bokeh! Wonderful circles, a very nice effect . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)