The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Shot with the Chinese lens Keith spoke of a while back. 35mm f 1.7
Mike
This is good to see - I think it is the first from Mike on this thread without a titch of texture added? :bugeyes:
But, it has Mike's wonderful touch written all over it - well done Mike :thumbs:, Do you have any others like this up your sleeve? Have you ordered a tilt adapter yet?

Keith

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Sorry I'm a bit late on this Raf, but this image really turns my crank :bugeyes::bugeyes::bugeyes:

You do so much good stuff it's difficult for us viewers to single out the one at the top

Thanks for showing us your work, and we appreciate all the effort you put into it

Keith

Rafael's FLAD #20, G1 with Zoom-Nikkor 50-300/4.5

C U,
Rafael

Leica 77

Sorry I'm a bit late on this Raf, but this image really turns my crank :bugeyes::bugeyes::bugeyes:
You do so much good stuff it's difficult for us viewers to single out the one at the top
Thanks for showing us your work, and we appreciate all the effort you put into it

Keith
+1. Rafael, I agree with Keith and appreciate your great efforts for posting the FLAD Series. Best, Leica 77. :)

Leica 77

Stunning! One of the best in the thread! . . . . . . love the bokeh in both of the shots.
I really think I need to find a ISCO GOTTINGEN WESTROMAT lens.
Life is Grand!

Dan!
~ ;)
Hi Dan,
Many thanks for your generous comments. Your kind words are always very much appreciated. Best, Leica 77. :)

Michiel Schierbeek

So much beautifully captured nature in this thread! It is really inspiring!

LAD Project Day #22
G1 + TS adapter + Vivitar 2x Macro focusing teleconverter + Olympus OM 50/1.8

Quiet a stack of equipment but it really works out nice.

- Iris mountain -

Michiel Schierbeek

And one more of today with the same combination with a more
tender approach :)
Little flower is about 12 mm, but not as much in focus as the buds.

Michiel

- Between the grass -

Leica 77

And one more of today with the same combination with a more
tender approach :)
Little flower is about 12 mm, but not as much in focus as the buds.
Michiel

- Between the grass -
Hi Michiel,
Great bokehgraphs. I really like this one in terms of bokeh, colors, and composition. Best, Leica 77. :thumbs: :)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
WOW!

What an incredible run of wonderful bokeh photography!
. . . . . .
Thanks to all who continue to contribute!

. . . . . Keith, when you started this thread in September, did you imagine it would still be running?

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Dan - I had no idea that the thread would grow so quickly, I was just fascinated by some weird stuff in the OOF backgrounds of various lenses I had.
Since then the thread has branched out in many different directions from total abstraction, to these wonderful flower images we are seeing lately. Michael's (aka m3photo) blend thread is closely related and I have learned so much from that.
We have some very talented, knowledgeable photographers in this forum and some have been stalwart supporters of the bokeh work since we started.
I know we can keep it up, there is lot's more to discover.

Thanks to everyone.

Keith

seakayaker

Grass

Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar - Elmar 9cm f/4 -- ISO 100 -- f/4 -- 1/800 -- 9cm

A visit to the local used camera shop today and came away with the Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar - Elmar 9cm f/4. It was in very good condition with clear glass, I have enjoyed the photos and the bokeh effect that it produces.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Violet Flowers

Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar - Elmar 9cm f/4 -- ISO 100 -- f/4 -- 1/320 -- 9cm

. . . . . I like this lens . . . . . :):):D

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Grass

Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar - Elmar 9cm f/4 -- ISO 100 -- f/4 -- 1/800 -- 9cm

A visit to the local used camera shop today and came away with the Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar - Elmar 9cm f/4. It was in very good condition with clear glass, I have enjoyed the photos and the bokeh effect that it produces.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

I love this one Dan - just that one small area of sharpness does wonderful things for the bokehgraph :thumbs::thumbs:

Keith