The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

f6cvalkyrie

Rafael,
Looking back I saw this one I liked very much with your big setup TS.
How did you mount the G1 on it. Is there a Sinar adapter? Just curious.

Michiel
Hi Michiel,

:D curiosity kills the cat:D

Indeed, there is an adaptor from 4x5 to Nikon F-mount, and from there, I use my Nikon F to µ4/3 !
All for sale on the evilbay.

C U,
Rafael

Michiel Schierbeek

Very nice those last 2 photo' s with the tree, especially the last one, Dan.
Interesting to see you moving to the abstract area!

This lens is not very known, I red it was made as a serveillance lens or/and to use in some kind of robot. It is sharp and I like the bokeh.

LAD Project Day #27
G1 + Robotar 35/2.8

- Rose -

- Red flower -

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Received my Elmar 90mm today (inspired by Dan)

"Green Leaves"

G1, Elmar 90mm, F4,1/160s,ISO400

I think I'm going to love this lens

Keith

seakayaker

Michiel, LJ2004, and Keith, some beautiful bokeh!

Love the Bokehgraphs!

RED POPPY

GF1 with Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar - Elmar 9cm f/4 -- ISO 100 -- f/4 -- 1/100 -- 9cm

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Keith, I see you are out enjoying the Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar - Elmar 9cm f/4 lens. Now that I have one, I see them all the time on ebay, they are quite a popular item.

I thought I would post a picture from the 9cm's bigger brother . . . . .

Pink Peony With Feathered Poppies

GF1 with Ernst Leitz Wetzlar - Hector 13.5cm f/4.5 -- ISO 100 -- f/4.5 -- 1/250 -- 13.5cm

The 135mm is also a nice lens that can be found for a very reasonable price. I looked up the serial numbers and the 9cm was manufactured in 1954 and the 13.5cm was manufactured in 1960. I am surprised at what these lenses can do and have great appreciation for the people who designed and built these lenses that produce quality photos 50+ years later!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

I took this photo the other night right after the first tree photo, 'City Trees' posted above, as I was on my way home from work . . . . .

PARKING --- EMERGENCY

GF1 with Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar - Elmar 9cm f/4 -- ISO 100 -- f/4 -- 1/125 -- 9cm

Perhaps it is better suited for the 'Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread,' but the intent when I took the photo was to create a bokeh shot . . . . .

They all can't be . . . . .

. . . . . after all this is the internet!:D:D:D

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

f6cvalkyrie

Hi,

the adaptor from RJ arrived !
It's a perfect fit !

Rafael's FLAD #25, G1 with Konica Hexanon AR 135/3.5

One more lens to go, then my FLAD project will be complete

C U,
Rafael

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi,

the adaptor from RJ arrived !
It's a perfect fit !

Rafael's FLAD #25, G1 with Konica Hexanon AR 135/3.5

One more lens to go, then my FLAD project will be complete

C U,
Rafael

Nice one Raf. This 90 - 135mm range seems to work well for Bokehgraphs.

Are you saving the best one til last?

I am planning my RULAD project, but I need to do a bit of preparation first :cool:

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Very smooth background Rafael :thumbup:

Dan and Keith, this is becoming a Leitz Elmar Thread :D Sure looks like a bautifull lens, very nice photographs.

LAD Project Day #27
G1 + Vivitar Auto Macro FD 55/2.8

- Watercolour Rose -

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Very smooth background Rafael :thumbup:

Dan and Keith, this is becoming a Leitz Elmar Thread :D Sure looks like a bautifull lens, very nice photographs.

LAD Project Day #27
G1 + Vivitar Auto Macro FD 55/2.8

- Watercolour Rose -
Michiel, another very nice one

Aren't Roses beautiful, what a lovely color - I like the bokeh in the bottom right quadrant.
Are you going to tell us how many lenses you have left?

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks Keith, it is a little of a coïncidence that I have to take a break for a while simultaneously wih Raphael, but I am to busy right now. Exams etc..

I will go on later and call it LAD Part II.
I am only at about a quarter of my stock now. Time to move :ROTFL:
Just for fun and out of interest I recently bought some unknown not to expensive lenses, like the Robotar, Accura Diamatic,Topcor, Seimar and an old Komura in Leica mount. Most of them surprised me a lot in terms of quality.
All this made my collection getting out of hand a little :rolleyes:, but it is a lot of fun.

I will post now and then in between, if I can.

Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Keith, it is a little of a coïncidence that I have to take a break for a while simultaneously wih Raphael, but I am to busy right now. Exams etc..

I will go on later and call it LAD Part II.
I am only at about a quarter of my stock now. Time to move :ROTFL:
Just for fun and out of interest I recently bought some unknown not to expensive lenses, like the Robotar, Accura Diamatic,Topcor, Seimar and an old Komura in Leica mount. Most of them surprised me a lot in terms of quality.
All this made my collection getting out of hand a little :rolleyes:, but it is a lot of fun.

I will post now and then in between, if I can.

Michiel
Michiel - good luck in the exams :thumbdown: Looking forward to Part Two of the Series.

Meanwhile as a thankyou for showing us some really interesting stuff, here is one from the *********************** 2.8/35, right off the press.

Keith