The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

seakayaker

White Rose with Viotet Tipped Petals

GF1 with Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Summitar 5 cm f/2 -- ISO 100 -- f/2.8 -- 1/1300 -- 5 cm

Walk through the Rose Garden at the Woodland Park Zoo and a beautiful day!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

White Rose with Viotet Tipped Petals

GF1 with Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Summitar 5 cm f/2 -- ISO 100 -- f/2.8 -- 1/1300 -- 5 cm
Walk through the Rose Garden at the Woodland Park Zoo and a beautiful day!
Life is Grand!
Dan
~ ;)
Hi Dan,
Wow! Another beautiful bokehbraph! I need to acquire one these Leitz Summitar 5 cm lenses. Best, Leica 77. :)

seakayaker

Beautiful bokehgraph! Simply gorgeous! :thumbs: Best, Leica 77. :)

LJ2004: ++1 Lovely photo, wonderful bokeh!

The black and white that Antara posted earlier is also an interesting B&W shot with Bokeh! Very Nice indeed . . . . . I will have to give this a try . . . . .

Michiel really enjoyed your two roses . . . . . the photo looked smooth as silk with a very soft bokeh, wonderful!

Rafael, what a fun shot of the birds and the cat! Very nice photo . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

White Rose with Violet Tipped Petals

GF1 with Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Summitar 5 cm f/2 -- ISO 100 -- f/2 -- 1/1300 -- 5 cm

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Lovely Rose image, Dan.

Here's another one - taken with my newly acquired Isco-Gottingen-Westromat 1.9/50 (thanks to Michiel and Leica :angry:) This lens will from henceforth be called the *****************1.9/50

Keith

PS - I used the Italian tilt adapter in this shot

seakayaker

Leith, lovely shot!

. . . . . thanks to Michiel, Leica77, and you, i am pretty sure I'll be owning a *********************** 2.8/35 :eek: and a *****************1.9/50 one of these days! :eek::eek:

It would be great if some one who owns a lot of lenses would put together a listing of the adaptors they use for each lens. If you or anyone else know if such a publication, or a thread on a blog, exists it would be a great resource.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Rose and the Outbound Boat
Entering the Small Lock - Ballard Locks - Seattle, WA

GF1 with Leica D Summilux 25mm f/1.4 ASPH. -- ISO 100 -- f/2.8 -- 1/3200

Attempt at creating a bokehgraph with one of the Four/Thirds lens . . . . .

. . . . . the bokeh is not as good as I would have liked, and I did break the 'Rule of Thirds,' but I did like the shot!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

antara

Sushi Bar Still Life EPL1 with OM 50 1.8 again. Thanks, Keith and Dan for you comments. Your encouragement spurs me on to explore and learn.:)

seakayaker

Antara, Sushi Bar Still Life are beautiful bokehgraphs! All three are wonderful!

Keeping each a simple composition, yet each is unique in color, with the bokeh very pleasing in all three.

Great lens!

. . . . . thank you for the lesson master . . . . . :D:D:D

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Daises

GF1 with Ernst Leitz Wetzler Summitar 5cm f/2 -- ISO 100 -- f/2 -- 1/2500

. . . . . took a raw file and converted to B&W to see how it would look.

The color copy looks like:

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

Daises

GF1 with Ernst Leitz Wetzler Summitar 5cm f/2 -- ISO 100 -- f/2 -- 1/2500
. . . . . took a raw file and converted to B&W to see how it would look.
The color copy looks like:

Life is Grand!
Dan
~ ;)
Beautiful bokehgraphs, Dan! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Best, Leica 77. :)

Leica 77

Here's another one - taken with my newly acquired Isco-Gottingen-Westromat 1.9/50 (thanks to Michiel and Leica :angry:) This lens will from henceforth be called the *****************1.9/50
Keith
PS - I used the Italian tilt adapter in this shot
Wow, Keith! I love the composition. It's a superb bokehgraph! Best, Leica 77. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Wow, Keith! I love the composition. It's a superb bokehgraph! Best, Leica 77. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)
Thanks again for your support Leica.

Of course, this is the lens that you showed us on this site. I've taken a few with it and I really like it.
I think the tilt adapter gives me more flexibility to get good pictures when I use it. In this one the selective focus suits me well for what I was trying to get.

Have you tried one yet?

Keith