The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

seakayaker

Pink Roses

Ernst Leitz Wetzlar - Hektor 13.5cm f/4.5 with Thread Extension Tube -- ISO 100 -- f/4.5 -- 1/640

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

WOW! Great Colors, Great Light, Great Bokeh!
. . . . . after seeing these bokehgraphs I had to do a search for a ISCO GOTTINGEN WESTROMAT 50mm f1.9 lens . . . . . there were a couple of available on ebay but the 'buy me now price' was a little bit high for what I can spend at the moment . . . . . Someday!
Life is Grand!
Dan
~ ;)
Dan, thanks so much for your kind words. Your flower bokehgraphs are outstanding! Here is another contribution using the ISCO GOTTINGEN WESTROMAT 50mm glass. :)

Michiel Schierbeek

This is starting to look like a bouquet thread instead of a bokeh thread :grin:
Beautiful and colourful they are, Dan and Leica77, and from so close by.

Couldn't wait to contribute since I was so lucky today to buy 4 great lenses for € 45,-- from someone who didn't have a clue. :cool:
This way this project never ends. :deadhorse:

Here is the first, running a day ahead in my project. :eek:
This lens focusses almost 3cmm from subject.
The second flower is not larger then 2 cm.

LAD Project Day #44 Part II
G1 + Zeiss Flektogon 35/2.8

Winkel

Beautiful shots Michiel! This thread is very "seasonal" isn't it.

I recently scored my Canon FD 200/2.8 plus three other FD S.C.C. lenses & accessories the same way... the seller was certain they couldn't be used on a digital camera :toocool: All for $100 CAN. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen very often.

Cheers,
Jim

Michiel Schierbeek

Beautiful shots Michiel! This thread is very "seasonal" isn't it.

I recently scored my Canon FD 200/2.8 plus three other FD S.C.C. lenses & accessories the same way... the seller was certain they couldn't be used on a digital camera :toocool: All for $100 CAN. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen very often.

Cheers,
Jim
Thanks Jim. :)
That is really cheap. My FD 200/2.8 alone was already more expensive. What are the others?

I got this outstanding Flektogon 35/2, a Porst 100/2.8, a Revuenon 55/1.4 and a Steinheil Cassarit 135/4.5. Strange collection but very nice.

Michiel

seakayaker

Leica, another beautiful bokegraph with the ISCO GOTTINGEN WESTROMAT 50mm f/1.9 lens! Love the colors and the soft bokeh! OUTSTANDING!

Michiel, congratulations on scoring the four lenses! . . . . . with another 135mm, oh my!

Lovely shots taken with the Zeiss Flektogon 35/2.8! The lens produces wonderful color and soft circular bokeh! Very Nice!

. . . . . to change the pace for a least one . . . . . .

PLAY BALL

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton Aspherical 50mm f/1.5 -- ISO 100 -- f/1.5 -- 1/250

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

f6cvalkyrie

. . . . . could this be 30 days with 30 different 135mm lenses? :eek::D:D:D
Yeah, Michiel needs to rename his project "F135LAD" :deadhorse:

Michiel, at my place, your pics are loading only half, or even less.
Any idea why ? Does anybody else have this ?

C U,
Rafael

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel, at my place, your pics are loading only half, or even less.
Any idea why ? Does anybody else have this ?
C U,
Rafael
Hi Rafael,

The last one was a 35 mm :lecture:

I don't do anything else then I used to with design, size and uploading.
Are they to big? In height or width? The size now is 1167 x 884 for the landscape versions. When did this start?
May be I have to change some settings.

Thanks for the observation.

Michiel

f6cvalkyrie

Hi Michiel,

OK, then you can rename your project "F(1)35LAD" :D
Right now, the first pic of your took more than 2 minutes to complete, while the second of the same post was there almost instantaneously.

I see you host your pics on your own server. Could you have problems with server capacity or speed ?

Very nice pics, BTW !!

C U
Rafael

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi Michiel,

OK, then you can rename your project "F(1)35LAD" :D
Right now, the first pic of your took more than 2 minutes to complete, while the second of the same post was there almost instantaneously.

I see you host your pics on your own server. Could you have problems with server capacity or speed ?

Very nice pics, BTW !!

C U
Rafael
Rafael, I think it is a temporarely server problem. I still have lots of room on my server and the first pic isn't any bigger in kb's then the second.

Thanks for the compliment. It is not only me, this lens really helps :D

Michiel

Leica 77

This is starting to look like a bouquet thread instead of a bokeh thread :grin:
Beautiful and colourful they are, Dan and Leica77, and from so close by.

LAD Project Day #44 Part II
G1 + Zeiss Flektogon 35/2.8
Hi Michiel,
I agree with you that this thread is beginning to look like a "bouquet" thread, instead of a "bokeh" thread. Whiever we prefer, I post one more produced by my favorite ISCO GOTTINGEN WESTROMAT 50MM glass. Cheers! :)

seakayaker

Hi Michiel,
I agree with you that this thread is beginning to look like a "bouquet" thread, instead of a "bokeh" thread. Whiever we prefer, I post one more produced by my favorite ISCO GOTTINGEN WESTROMAT 50MM glass. Cheers! :)

. . . . . yes another lovely bouquetgraph! :thumbup:

Outstanding!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Coral Poppies

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton Aspherical 50mm f/1.5 -- ISO 100 -- f/1.5 -- 1/3200

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

Are you in Monte Carlo?

What is a Porst tele? We have to wean ourselves off flowers before winter sets in.

Nice image as always

Keith
Not Monte Carlo, but the Avant Garde lampshop around the corner again. :ROTFL: I have to save my money to buy lenses to fulfil my obligations here. :LOL:

Porst is like Revuenon a German brandname for often very well made lenses in Japan by companys like Tomioka. They made some very good fast lenses.

I am sure I will run into flowers soon enough, again. Summer just begon and the snow is not yet in sight.

Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

LAD Project Day #46 Part II
G1 + Meyer Orestor 135/2.8

Yes again a 135 and an older photo because today was very busy.
:salute: :salute: Brazil :salute::salute:

- In the street -

seakayaker

GRASS IN THE RAIN

GF1 with Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar - Elmar 9cm f/4 -- ISO 100 -- f/4 -- 1/30 -- 9cm

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

LAD Project Day #47 Part II
G1 + Tokina FD Macro 70-210/4-5.6

This lens can go after today's try out after I found it for next to nothing in a dump shop.

- Umbrella -