The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

seakayaker

. . . . . welcome back Michiel!:D

Great shots with the Zeiss Flektogon 35/2.8, sharp as a razor, great detail and a narrow DOF. Wow! . . . . . another lens to add to list . . . .

Tiger Lillies

GF1 with Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Summitar 5cm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f/2 -- 1/50

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Beautiful Bokehgraph Leica!!!! . . . . . love the earth tone colors and circular bokeh - very nice indeed!

Snap Peas with a Pink Twist Flower

GF1 with Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Summitar 5cm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f/2 -- 1/25

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

. . . . . and a small break from the flowers . . . .

Ship's Line/Rigging Bokeh

GF1 with Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Summitar 5cm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f/2.8 -- 1/1000

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

Beautiful Bokehgraph Leica!!!! . . . . . love the earth tone colors and circular bokeh - very nice indeed!
Snap Peas with a Pink Twist Flower

GF1 with Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Summitar 5cm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f/2 -- 1/25
Life is Grand!
Dan
~ ;)
Hi Dan,
Wow! Great bokeh by your Leitz glass. The lenses on my wish list certainly include 1) Summitar 5cm, 2) Zeiss Flektogon 35mm, and 3) Nokton 50mm f1.5. As you have said, we will continue to stimulate the global economy ... Best, Leica 77. :)

Michiel Schierbeek

Here is a bokehgraph with my deep gratitude to Michiel and others who have inspired us all. The regular contributors to this bokeh thread include a number of digital imaging enthusiasts from several nations -- Canada, the U.S., Holland, Belgium, UK, Germany, etc. We are also truly thankful to Keith who started this exciting thread with his great vision and leadership. Dan's comment is correct -- "Thanks to all that contribute to this thread it has certainly helped stimulate the economy world wide in used lens!".

"A Little Forest". GF1 + my favorite IGW 50 f1.9. Best, Leica 77. :)

What a beautiful one. This lens shines in your hands!
I don't have this lens :confused: Well it is good for economics :D
Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Leica for your support and contributions since the inception of this thread. Some of the best images on the forum are to be found here.

Here is a street bokehgraph. I don't do many of those especially with my Kodak Cine Needs a Good Clean Ektar 25/1.9. But I need to take a few images before I try to clean it :eek::eek::eek:

My Kinoptik supplied by Klaus arrives today, so things should sharpen up a bit :clap:

Keith

seakayaker

Thanks Leica for your support and contributions since the inception of this thread. Some of the best images on the forum are to be found here.

Here is a street bokehgraph. I don't do many of those especially with my Kodak Cine Needs a Good Clean Ektar 25/1.9. But I need to take a few images before I try to clean it :eek::eek::eek:

My Kinoptik supplied by Klaus arrives today, so things should sharpen up a bit :clap:

Keith

Beautiful shot Keith, change the cars in the background and this shot could be from the 60's . . . . . wonderful scene and mood captured in the photograph.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Rebekia

GF1 with Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Summitar 5cm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f/2 -- 1/50

. . . . a couple of more from last evenings walk about.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Dan - you are getting wonderful stuff from that Summitar :thumbs:

I purchased a Kinoptik 25/2.0 from Klaus. Here is one of the first shots I took. The bokeh is really nice.

Keith

seakayaker

Keith, congratulations on your new Kinoptik 25/2.0! A wonderful shot and with some nice Bokeh! Looking forward to seeing many bokehgraphs in the future produced with this lens . . . . .

Thank you Klaus for letting Keith have the opportunity to pick up a Kinoptik.

Daisies

GF1 with Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Summitar 5cm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f2 -- 1/100

Life is Grand!

Dan

Leica 77

Dan - you are getting wonderful stuff from that Summitar :thumbs:
I purchased a Kinoptik 25/2.0 from Klaus. Here is one of the first shots I took. The bokeh is really nice.
Keith
Hi Keith,
Wonderful bokehgraph taken with your most recently obtained Kinoptik 25/2.0 lens. The three dimensionality is remarkable. Best, Leica 77. :)

seakayaker

Leica, thank you for your kind words.

The Summitar lens, from 1951, is a pleasant surprise in the quality of the photographs that it produces. The three Ernst Leitz Wetzlar (Leica) lens that I have found, 5cm, 9cm and 13.5cm, have all been a real treat and feel like a bargin for the quality of the glass in the lens.

. . . . . moving to the Voightlander 75mm . . . . .

Daisies at Sunset by the Lake

GF1 with Voigtlander Color-Heliar 75mm f2.5 MC -- ISO 100 -- f2.5 -- 1/125

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Dan

Your pictures are so vibrant these days - what do you use for processing? Do you process differently for bokehgraphs than regular stuff.

Great work

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I may be pushing the limits of bokehgraphy with the last couple of photos from the Kodak Cine NAGC Ektar - but it's so dirty you can't see the bokeh :(

But us bokehgraphers are flexible happy-go-lucky people and can bend the rules if we want to :deadhorse:

"Fire Truck - Late Evening"

Keith