The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

seakayaker

Dan

Your pictures are so vibrant these days - what do you use for processing? Do you process differently for bokehgraphs than regular stuff.

Great work

Keith
Thank you for your kind words Keith.

Process: Camera Raw -> Aperature -> View Full Screen -> Select Images to Process (Note photo #) -> Open Images in Photoshop -> Images open in Camera Raw 5.7 -> Adjust image using Camera Raw tool -> When finished, from the Camera Raw Tool, select & open images which brings the image back into the Photoshop and closes the raw tool -> adjust image size -> save as jpeg -> move to Flickr -> post in GetGPI!

The suggestion was made to me by Michiel to download the Adobe Camera Raw software when they started to support the GF1.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

. . . . . a new used lens arrived in the mail today . . . . . GF1 with ISCO-GÖTTINGEN ISCONAR 100mm f4

Cranesbills Geraniums

GF1 with ISCO-GÖTTINGEN ISCONAR 100mm f4 -- ISO 100 -- f4 -- 1/80

Life is Grand!

Dan

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Dan:

Looks like this Isco is another winner for bokegraphy - I love the lilies, the background looks like a jungle :salute:

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Kodak Ektar NAGC Cine 25/1.9

"Toronto Market"

I like listening to Paul Simon - and the words I'm hearing a lot lately are:

"Nothing is different . .
. . but everything has changed "

In the case of this lens it would be:

"Nothing is sharp . .
. . but everything is in focus"

Keith

PS - I should try to sell this one to Jack, along with my white label Chinese cctv lens

seakayaker

Kodak Ektar NAGC Cine 25/1.9

"Toronto Market"

I like listening to Paul Simon - and the words I'm hearing a lot lately are:

"Nothing is different . .
. . but everything has changed "

In the case of this lens it would be:

"Nothing is sharp . .
. . but everything is in focus"

Keith

PS - I should try to sell this one to Jack, along with my white label Chinese cctv lens

Keith, this image draws me in, I really like it.

The colors of the awnings, the walls with their images and the tree almost looking as if it is draw onto the wall as it extends over the awning!

. . . . . then the person at the end of the sidewalk . . . . . with the headlights of the cars behind her . . . . . and the blue halo light at the top . . . . .

. . . . . thanks for sharing!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

Keith, this image draws me in, I really like it.
The colors of the awnings, the walls with their images and the tree almost looking as if it is draw onto the wall as it extends over the awning!
. . . . . then the person at the end of the sidewalk . . . . . with the headlights of the cars behind her . . . . . and the blue halo light at the top . . . . .
. . . . . thanks for sharing!
Life is Grand!
Dan
~ ;)
Hi Keith,
+10. I love the quiet atmosphere that was nicely captured. : :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)

Terry

I haven't added anything to this thread in a while - Beadwork bracelet with crystals camera only moved about an inch from being in focus.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I haven't added anything to this thread in a while - Beadwork bracelet with crystals camera only moved about an inch from being in focus.

Lovely shot, Terry. That bracelet is amazing - must have taken ages to do :salute:

Which camera and lens did you use for this?

Keith

seakayaker

Crocosmia - 'Lucifer'

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Contax G Planar T* 45mm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f2 -- 1/3200

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)