The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

seakayaker

Wow Keith! Fine captures!! YESSS, it is highly addictive...
+10. Great Shots, Keith! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)
Keith a couple of beautiful shots, love the colors, the sharp detail of the flower, with the soft circular bokeh!

The Kinoptik 25/2 is certainly a lovely pick-up . . . . .

. . . . . and the addiction . . . . . spreading from Germany to Canada and on to the US . . . . .

I really do not need a Kinoptik.

. . . . . AHHHHHHH!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Leica, beautiful shots with your ISCO GOTTINGEN WESTROMAT 50 f1.9!

. . . . . beautiful light, color, sharp edges, and wonderful circular bokeh!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Caro Ship 'Celerina' as Seen from the Weeds

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 90mm f2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f2.8 -- 1/1600

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Leica, beautiful shots with your ISCO GOTTINGEN WESTROMAT 50 f1.9!

. . . . . beautiful light, color, sharp edges, and wonderful circular bokeh!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)
+10 :salute::salute::salute:

Leica - I really love the compositions in all three of these

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Klaus, both images are beautiful. What is a quartz singlet? Lovely soft rendering.

Here is a cone-head taken with a CV 40/1.4

Keith

seakayaker

Klaus, I just love your bokehgraph with the Kenko 2.5/85mm Soft Focus lens. Beautiful colors and light with a soft creamy bokeh! Outstanding! The Quartz Singlet lens f1.0/25mm produces a wonderful light with soft colors, a very nice effect. Great shots.

Keith, great capture with the CV 40mm 1.4. I love the colors and the circular bokeh! I have a used CV 40mm 1.4 SC that I will be picking up at the post office tomorrow and was excited to see an example posted this evening.

Wonderful Bokehgraphs!

Helenium - Sneezeweeds

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Planar T* 45mm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f2 -- 1/30

and

Echinacea

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 90mm f2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f2.8 -- 1/640

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

kds315

Great shots Keith, Dan + Jerry!

Keith, that Clivia shot was taken with a selfmade contraption (focusing helicoid mount with taped in lens, no aperture) consisting of an uncoated quartz singlet lens. It was shot at full aperture (geometrically f1.0 actually) on my GH1. That singlet lens element I found long time ago in a optical surplus store when I was searching for UV capable lenses. My idea was influenced a bit by the design of the large format Struss Pictorial and the Hanovia Kalosat lens, both hard to locate today. I am used to build such solutions with the help of my mechanic and as this turned out to deliver good results, will be turned into a mechanically well made solution in a next step (tape is just for testing, not for later use...)

Last edited:

seakayaker

P-Patch Roses by the Lake

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 40mm f1.4 -- ISO 100 -- f1.4 -- 1/ 30

. . . . . picked up a used copy of the Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 40mm f1.4 and had an opportunity to shot some shots in the late evening. So far, so good, I enjoy the color, DOF, ability to work in low light, and a very nice circular bokeh!

Life is Grand!

Dan

~;)