The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Leica 77

P-Patch Roses by the Lake

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 40mm f1.4 -- ISO 100 -- f1.4 -- 1/ 30
. . . . . picked up a used copy of the Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 40mm f1.4 and had an opportunity to shot some shots in the late evening. So far, so good, I enjoy the color, DOF, ability to work in low light, and a very nice circular bokeh!
Life is Grand!
Dan
~;)
Hi Dan,
Lovely capture by your fine Nokton 40/1.4 glass! Best, Leica 77. :)

seakayaker

Klaus & Leica, thank you for your kind words!

Klaus the shot of the blue Allium produced with the Kenko 45/4.5 is wonderful! Beautiful color and soft bokeh . . . . .

Leica the ISCO-GÖTTINGEN 50/1.9 continues to create great photo/bokehgraphs! Love the light, color and soft bokeh in this shot! I still have my eye out for one of these lens . . . . .

. . . . . in the meantime I went out for a shot walk this morning and took a couple of lens that I have not touched for awhile.

Dahlia

GF1 with Yashica ML 50mm f1.7 -- ISO 100 -- f1.7 -- 1/125

and

Yellow Rose

GF1 with Yashica ML 50mm f1.7 -- ISO 100 -- f1.7 -- 1/1000

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Crocosmia - 'Lucifer'

GF1 with Zeiss Distagon T* 35mm f2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f2.8 -- 1/200

and

Yellow Flower

GF1 with Zeiss Distagon T* 35mm f2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f2.8 -- 1/400

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Dan

The Yashica has a really interesting bokeh. I've just purchased a 50/1.7 Yashinon. I must look it up to see how it is different to yours.

Great pictures, as is usual

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I guess Raf and Michiel burned themselves out :deadhorse:

You have to learn to pace yourself in the bokegraphy business

Nothing that a couple of weeks off and plenty of beer can't fix

Keith

f6cvalkyrie

Hi, Keith,

Sooo many excellent bokehgraphs here, it's a daily pleasure to visit this forum and specially this topic :thumbs::thumbs:

As for my own photography, i'm learning to make sharp pictures again :cool:
And enjoying the belgian beer, of course :D

But, I'm also planning to shoot another month's project : I'll soon be leaving for holidays to our russian farm, and I would like to shoot a RFPAD from Aug, 04 till Sept, 05.

Since we do not have access to internet in the farm, I'll present everything in the first weeks of september.

C U soon,
Rafael

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi, Keith,

Sooo many excellent bokehgraphs here, it's a daily pleasure to visit this forum and specially this topic :thumbs::thumbs:

As for my own photography, i'm learning to make sharp pictures again :cool:
And enjoying the belgian beer, of course :D

But, I'm also planning to shoot another month's project : I'll soon be leaving for holidays to our russian farm, and I would like to shoot a RFPAD from Aug, 04 till Sept, 05.

Since we do not have access to internet in the farm, I'll present everything in the first weeks of september.

C U soon,
Rafael
Good to hear from you Raf

We are holding you to this - look forward to seeing the pictures in September. Have a good vacation :salute:

Keith

kds315

Had an "EUREKA" moment today, as I found out that I could use some parts I had sitting around could be used to give that Quartz f1.0 Singlet Lens a new professional housing...did it work?

and as a by product the sharpness can also be controlled now. Focus range is 2" to infinity (5cm to infinity for the metric guys like me)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Klaus

I really like these images and I think a few people on the site will too. Can you show a bit more technical info and the experimental set up you use. Mike Regnier over in the blends thread would love this, I think.

I have some bits and pieces lying around and may have a crack at doing it.

Keith

kds315

Klaus

I really like these images and I think a few people on the site will too. Can you show a bit more technical info and the experimental set up you use. Mike Regnier over in the blends thread would love this, I think.

I have some bits and pieces lying around and may have a crack at doing it.

Keith
Well, all I can say is: just an old enlarger lens stripped off all the glass, a different lens inserted and then that mounted onto a focusing helicoid fitting mft cameras is all I did. The rest is "trade secret" ;) ;)