The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

seakayaker

Hi Keith,
Great bokeh produced by your IGEW 50/1.9 + Italian Tilt Adapter. Best, Leica 77. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)
++1! Fun shot Keith . . . . . with some nice bokeh!

. . . . . there must be a lot of photos taken of that moose with kids and adults climbing on it back! :D

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Beautiful portraits you are now doing in black and white, Leica

Keith
++1! A lovely portrait! . . . . . wonderful capture of joy on this woman's face. Her happiness shines in this photo . . . . . with a nice soft bokeh background . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

Beautiful portraits you are now doing in black and white, Leica
Keith
Hi Keith,
Your kind comments are very much appreciated. When I was a university student, I enjoyed spending some evening hours in the darkroom (located at one of the student activities buildings on campus) making black and white prints. It was so much fun to interact with other students, comparing the prints we all produced. Back then, some of the photographers we admired most included Ansel Adams, Cartier Bresson, David Douglas Duncan, Diane Arbus, Richard Avedon to name only a few. This Forum enables us to see so many fine works from all over the world. Needless to say, this Bokeh Thread that you initiated is indeed such a wonderful place for many of us to visit! Best regards, Leica 77. :)

seakayaker

Leica, a beautiful shot!

Love the sharp detail, shallow DOF and the soft bokeh created with the Leitz Summicron R 1:2/50 . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

Another one from the Isco . . . . . . . 50/1.9, and the Coma Tilt Adapter
Keith
Hi Keith,
The duality of sharpness and bokeh is well represented in your images. The ISCO GOTTINGEN lens + Tilt Adapter combo is an excellent technique.

BTW, I forgot to mention some other favorite photographers -- Ernst Haas, Elliott Erwitt, Eugene Smith, etc... Best, Leica 77. :)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Leica, that one really shows the strong but subtle structure of the bokeh in this lens. :salute:

Here is another one from my Isco 50/1.9, again with the tilt adapter - I wonder if Dan has got his hands on one of these lenses yet :shocked: (but he is already showing that the CV 40/1.4 is no slouch!)

Keith

Leica 77

Leica, that one really shows the strong but subtle structure of the bokeh in this lens. :salute:
Here is another one from my Isco 50/1.9, again with the tilt adapter - I wonder if Dan has got his hands on one of these lenses yet :shocked: (but he is already showing that the CV 40/1.4 is no slouch!)
Keith
Hi Keith,
Wow! There is so much happening in this image. I especially like the fine bokeh in the foreground. Best, Leica 77. :)

Leica 77

Rebekia

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 40mm f1.4 -- ISO 100 -- f1.4 -- 1/ 500
Life is Grand!
Dan
~ ;)
Hi Dan,
I agree with Keith that "the CV 40/1.4 is no slouch!". It produces pleasing bokeh. Hopefully, it will go into my wish list. Best, Leica 77. :)

seakayaker

. . . . . . thank you Keith & Leica for your kind words!

Leica great shot of the rose with the Summicron R 50mm f2 . . . . .
. . . . . both of you pulling out the ISCO GOTTINGEN 50/1.9 with some super shots! Outstanding!

Keith the ISCO GOTTINGEN is on my wish list for the moment, putting my spare change away for the moment for something that may come available in the near future . . . . .

Welcome JDavila, love your cockpit shot with the bokeh it is very nice . . . . .
. . . . . and the picture of the lovely lady with the soft bokeh as well!

Since we have a little aviation theme . . . . .

Hollyhocks with Airlift Northwest Preparing for Liftoff at Harborview Medical Center

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 40mm f1.4 -- ISO 100 -- f1.4 -- 1/3200

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Last edited: