The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

seakayaker

Verbena

GF1 with Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar - Elmar 9cm f4 with Extension Tube -- ISO 100 -- f4 -- 1/320

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Cosmos

GF1 with Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar - Elmar 9cm f4 with Extension Tube -- ISO 100 -- f4 -- 1/125

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Water Droplets on Leaves

GF1 with Ernst Leitz Wetzlar - Hector 135mm f4.5 -- ISO 100 -- f4.5 -- 1/100

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
. . . . . rain on and off from last evening through early morning hours.

Daisies

GF1 with Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar - Elmar 9cm f4 with Extension Tube -- ISO 100 -- f4 -- 1/125

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

All the latest ones are top notch, Dan. This one's bokeh really intrigues me with the shapes and the colors

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi thanks Keith, it is M42 mount and came with some other lenses. I red about the Sigma making also, although there are other Accuras which seem to point to other lensmakers.
As with many of those lenses, like Soligor's for example, it is very hard to find out in which factory a certain lens was made.

I was testing this one with some other 28mm lenses, which I bought cheaply, together with a Chinon 28/2.8 which looked impressive, but is worthless for wide open bokeh. No sharpness at all.

Liked the Accura even more then the Vivitar 28/2 that day.
Here is a sample from the Vivitar on that same cloudy day.
(Now I look at it, it's not so bad :confused:)

BTW we were almost posting simultanious, your Sima lens is great for suspicious photography. :cool:

Michiel

seakayaker

All the latest ones are top notch, Dan. This one's bokeh really intrigues me with the shapes and the colors

Keith
Thanks for your kind words Keith.

Every time I use the Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar - Elmar 9cm f4 the results are very pleasing. From a lens produced in 1954. I do love this little lens and I believe you have one in your collection. If you don't own one then go get one, you will not be disappointed.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

"Winding Road Two"

Sima Soft Focus and Lightroom

Keith

. . . . . this is a fun shot with the vibrant colors of the fire hydrant.

The lone tree in the first shot a bit dark for me. The second shot with the hydrant included brings the scene to life.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Nice bokehs on these, Michiel. I looked this lens up and can't figure out the connection with Sigma and YS mounts. Which mount is this one?

Keith
++1!

Michiel, I love the bokeh in the first shot with the Orange Flower, (Kniphofia?), and the soft blur and colors in the second shot is outstanding!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Roses

GF1 with Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar - Elmar 9cm f4 with Extension Tube -- ISO 100 -- f4 -- 1/250

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Doronicum ~ Leopards banes

GF1 with Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar - Elmar 9cm f4 with Extension Tube -- ISO 100 -- f4 -- 1/100

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Helenium ~ Sneezeweeds

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)