The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

R

radatax

Lovely shots and lovely flowers, is there a garden you go to for all these pictures?

I was also wondering if anyone's used the 50mm Nikon lenses on a M4/3 body. I've got a 50/1.8 AIS but the adapter isn't here yet, can't wait to get it :)

seakayaker

Lovely shots and lovely flowers, is there a garden you go to for all these pictures?

I was also wondering if anyone's used the 50mm Nikon lenses on a M4/3 body. I've got a 50/1.8 AIS but the adapter isn't here yet, can't wait to get it :)
There are a number of P-Patches (public vegetable and flower gardens) as well as house gardens in the area. A side benefit of all the rain and moisture we get in Seattle! :D

. . . . . I do not have any Nikon lenses at this point in time. Patience . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Always busy

Little red thing
Lovely, Klaus

Start preparing for the Bokehgraphy 1st birthday - September 7, Tuesday next week. May have to dig up some of that Rammstein stuff :eek::eek::eek::eek:

25. November, Santiago, Chile
27. November, Buenos Aires, Argentinien
30. November, Sao Paulo, Brasilien
03. Dezember, Bogota, Kolumbien
06. Dezember, Mexico City, Mexiko

I think I will go to Bogota

Keith

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
There are a number of P-Patches (public vegetable and flower gardens) as well as house gardens in the area. A side benefit of all the rain and moisture we get in Seattle! :D

. . . . . I do not have any Nikon lenses at this point in time. Patience . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)
Dan

Until they install P-Patches in Toronto, you have an unfair advantage :cry:

Are they the same as allotments in the UK?

http://www.allotment.org.uk/

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
**********BOKEHGRAPHY BIRTHDAY**********

Yes, Tuesday September 7 marks the birthday of the Bokeh thread – we will be just one year old.

The thread has gathered a lot of interest, and it looks like we are number two in replies and three in views in the 4/3 forum.

To celebrate we need an event. Dan (seakayaker), has suggested a one day extravaganza where everyone who has posted in the past year can put up two of their own images, that are their favorites – with comments. Why do you like it – and why is is it special to you? We usually comment on other poster’s images – now’s the time to comment on your own stuff.
I looked through all the images I have posted and quickly realized that picking two was not easy – everyone will go through this. But, it will be lovely to see why we post on this thread – what is it about our Bokehgraphy images that turn our crank.

So – the rules are:
One day only – our birthday, Tuesday, September 7, 2010. Our days are different depending where we are in the world. Just use your day – Sept 7.
Post two of your own favorite images – together or apart. Briefly describe why you like what you have done in creating the image

As Dan said, " . . . .like going to the gallery"

Any suggestions or comments are welcome

I'll pop up a few reminders in the next few days

Keith

Last edited:

seakayaker

Dan

Until they install P-Patches in Toronto, you have an unfair advantage :cry:

Are they the same as allotments in the UK?

http://www.allotment.org.uk/

Keith
Yes, but on a smaller scale!

http://www.cityofseattle.net/neighborhoods/ppatch/locations.htm

The closest one to my house is number 12 on the list towards the bottom of the page.

. . . . . some general information.

Size: 10,000 sq ft
Established: 1981
Relocated: 1998
Expanded: 2010
Number of plots: 50
Average length of waitlist: 97
Average wait: 3-5 years, however with expansion work happening right now there is an opportunity to move up the list. See Plot Assignment Guidelines-expansion
Ownership of land: Seattle Parks and Recreation, Seattle Department of Transportation

10 x 20 plots and 10 x 10 plots w/ 4 raised beds

The flowers and vegetables vary and offer a large variety from the garden at home.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~;)

seakayaker

**********BOKEHGRAPHY BIRTHDAY**********

Yes, Tuesday September 7 marks the birthday of the Bokeh thread – we will be just one year old.

The thread has gathered a lot of interest, and it looks like we are number two in replies and three in views in the 4/3 forum.

To celebrate we need an event. Dan (seakayaker), has suggested a one day extravaganza where everyone who has posted in the past year can put up two of their own images, that are their favorites – with comments. Why do you like it – and why is is it special to you? We usually comment on other poster’s images – now’s the time to comment on your own stuff.
I looked through all the images I have posted and quickly realized that picking two was not easy – everyone will go through this. But, it will be lovely to see why we post on this thread – what is it about our Bokehgraphy images that turn our crank.

So – the rules are:
One day only – our birthday, Tuesday, September 7, 2010. Our days are different depending where we are in the world. Just use your day – Sept 7.
Post two of your own favorite images – together or apart. Briefly describe why you like what you have done in creating the image

As Dan said, " . . . .like going to the gallery"

Any suggestions or comments are welcome

I'll pop up a few reminders in the next few days

Keith
YAHOO!

Looking forward to seeing everyone's picks. It is tough to pick out just two but quality not quanity!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

YAHOO!
Looking forward to seeing everyone's picks. It is tough to pick out just two but quality not quanity!
Life is Grand!
Dan
~ ;)
+200! It will be a lot of fun to celebrate the 1st Anniversary of this wonderful thread. Thanks to Keith, Dan, Michiel, Rafael, Mike, Klaus, and so many others who have nurtured the healthy growth of "Bokehgraphy". :)

R

radatax

Softness is goodness :) Plenty of nice stuff in this thread too.

Does anyone use the EVF to focus manually when doing wide open shots? Or do you use the LCD? I can't quite do all that while shooting handheld so I tend to trust the AF system and pray for the best.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member

Does anyone use the EVF to focus manually when doing wide open shots? Or do you use the LCD? I can't quite do all that while shooting handheld so I tend to trust the AF system and pray for the best.
I use the EVF exclusively, it's good enough to be able to see the bokeh and manipulate the camera and get it right. I know that Michel has said that he takes care to evaluate colours and shapes of bokeh before he presses the button.
The EVF really is the only way to go when using a tilt adapter. You need it to place the in focus component, as sometimes this is very subtle.

Keith

seakayaker

. . . . . yes, the EVF stays mounted on my GF1 the majority of the time. Always for wide open shots when needing to hit the focus point. I do take it off on occasion if I am taking photographs on the street, at a farmers market or fair if I am looking to get casual shots.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

YAHOO!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)
Count me in. it will be a wonderful day!

Dan, leica77, Keith and Jonas a late thank you for the compliments.
Keeps a man going!!!
I was away for a while, no chance to thank you before.

Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Another lens arrived today - again inspired by Dan

This is the Leitz 50/2.0 from the fifties or sixties (haven't traced it yet)

Keith

Bokehgraphy birthday September 7, 2010

Let's see two of your images that you posted on the bokeh thread in the past year - and why they are special to you. Only one day - September 7, 2010

Last edited: