The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Cosmos

GF1 with Kinoptik Paris Apochromat 25mm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f2 -- 1/1300

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Dan - that is beautiful

How did you squeeze that lens into the budget? It took me months of strategy to get my kinoptik.

Looking forward to what is to come.

Keith

seakayaker

Dan - that is beautiful

How did you squeeze that lens into the budget? It took me months of strategy to get my kinoptik.

Looking forward to what is to come.

Keith

Keith, thank you for your kind words, they are appreciated.

I enjoyed the photo/bokehgraphs that have been posted by Klaus, yourself, and others using a Kinoptik lens. I have come to appreciate that there are a few lens that I would like to have in the camera bag. With some advise from a mutual friend I was pointed to a couple of opportunities. The first one I passed on, the second one I made an offer that was acceptable to both parties.

. . . . . as far as budget goes . . . . .

I'm afraid I fell for the GetDPI Creed . . . . .

"Buy Now Explain Later"

I am enjoying how close you can get to the subject with this lens to focus, the colors, sharp detail and bokeh that the lens produces are quite nice.

Hopefully more good things will follow . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi Dan

All I can say is WOW :clap::clap::clap:

You should do a pay per view to get some return on that Kinoptik. Isn't the bokeh wonderful?

Are you making any of your flower images into big prints?

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Was to late for my second contribution.
Good to see some more really good ones which I was missing from Keith, Mike, Leica77 and Dan! :)

So here is a new one from a few days ago.

Michiel

- Passing by -

G1 + Minolta Rokkor 250/5.6​
Michiel - I love this one

Super composition with that negative space thing - meets the criteria for "I gotta keep looking at this" :salute::salute::salute:

Keith

Leica 77

Dahlias

GF1 with Kinoptik Paris Apochromat 25mm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f2 -- 1/400
Life is Grand!
Dan
~ ;)
Hi Dan,
This image is one of the most beautiful images in this thread. Keith is quite right about what he said, "You should do a pay per view to get some return on that Kinoptik. Isn't the bokeh wonderful?" ... :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)

Leica 77

Here is my last one ...
This was taken through a bus window in Montevideo with rain coming down in buckets - but I like it
Keith
Hi Keith,

Looking back quite a few contributions posted by many talented bokeh enthusiasts during the past year, this particular image of yours certainly stands out. When you posted this image initially, I was most impressed by your skill to make the statue come alive. The head of the horse is moving and the legs are in motion as well. This image is magical to my eyes :bugeyes:. :thumbs::thumbs: :thumbs: :)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi Keith,

Looking back quite a few contributions posted by many talented bokeh enthusiasts during the past year, this particular image of yours certainly stands out. When you posted this image initially, I was most impressed by your skill to make the statue come alive. The head of the horse is moving and the legs are in motion as well. This image is magical to my eyes :bugeyes:. :thumbs::thumbs: :thumbs: :)
Leica

Thank you - it's also one of my top favorites

I think it came out that way because of the magic of rain, moving buses, and windows
When I returned from that trip, I didn't even look at this. But with all the inspiration from the thread I processed it. It is a straight bokeh and no blending.

After this experience, I never throw any of my images away

Keith

seakayaker

Leica, Michiel, and Keith, thank you for the kind words and encouragement! It is appreciated . . . . .

Dahlias

GF1 with Kinoptik Paris Apochromat 25mm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f2 -- 1/80

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Hi Keith,

Thanks Keith for the beautiful bokehgraph!

. . . . . and thank you Leica for your review, your description certainly made me go back for a second viewing and saw the magic that you described . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

kds315

a series of wonderful ones Dan! That lens is a gem IMHO. Never understood why our J. ditched his...but well, tastes are different.

kds315

A few using my Kinoptik 2/32mm (more in a separate thread here) still amazes me, because of

... THAT bokeh

... THESE colors

... THAT BG separation

... THAT sharpness

Last edited:

seakayaker

Klaus, beautiful bokehgraphs!

. . . . . wonderful shots, thanks for sharing . . . . .

Loving my Kinoptik 25/2 . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Klaus, beautiful bokehgraphs!

. . . . . wonderful shots, thanks for sharing . . . . .

Loving my Kinoptik 25/2 . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)
OK that does it - I'm taking my Kinoptik out this afternoon before everything is covered in autumn leaves

Well done Klaus and Dan

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Kinoptik 25/2.0

"Fading Flowers of Summer"

I am in awe of this lens. I'm almost afraid to use it, in case I mess it up. The ultimate bokegraphy lens, for sure

Keith