The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Leica 77

+100
Enjoy the trip, Dan. Hope you take a few lenses with you, but if just one, this Nokton may be it :thumbs:
Keith
+200. I join Michiel and Keith to extend my best wishes to you, Dan, for the upcoming trip. Relax and enjoy the bokehgraphy whenever you can. We shall be looking forward to your new contributions to this thread. :)

Leica 77

@Leica77: Really love that Autumn Morning Dew
@Seakayaker: Man that Kinoptik Paris Apochromat 25mm f2 really Rocks!!!
Hi JerryMK,
Wow! I agree with Keith about the colors and shapes! They are gorgeous! First, I thought it was done with watercolor. The mutued bokeh is beautiful, to say the least. The image is quite inspiring. The second year of Bokehgraphy is already off to a phenomenal start in this thread. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi JerryMK,
Wow! I agree with Keith about the colors and shapes! They are gorgeous! First, I thought it was done with watercolor. The mutued bokeh is beautiful, to say the least. The image is quite inspiring. The second year of Bokehgraphy is already off to a phenomenal start in this thread. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)
Leica - you are right, we are getting off to a good start in year two. I don't think this thread will ever go away, there is too much to discover. We have everything from modern lenses, to home made lenses, to very, very old lenses. Everyone is different. I had a Steinheil Munchen 50/1.9 delivered today. Can't wait to see what it images it takes.

Thanks to you and everyone else for the kind comments on my images. It's difficult to keep up with the quality of all the posts - have to try harder, or buy another lens :deadhorse:

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Leica - you are right, we are getting off to a good start in year two. I don't think this thread will ever go away, there is too much to discover. We have everything from modern lenses, to home made lenses, to very, very old lenses. Everyone is different. I had a Steinheil Munchen 50/1.9 delivered today. Can't wait to see what it images it takes.

Thanks to you and everyone else for the kind comments on my images. It's difficult to keep up with the quality of all the posts - have to try harder, or buy another lens :deadhorse:

Keith
This thread sure is a nice place to visit and be part of.

You are getting more exotic everyday, Keith :bugeyes:
Can't wait to see some photographs with your Steinheil.

Michiel

M5-Guy

Panasonic G1 / Zeiss 50mm f/1.5 C-Sonnar / f/1.5 @ ISO 100

Panasonic G1 / Zeiss 50mm f/1.5 C-Sonnar / f/1.5 @ ISO 100

---------
Dan, your images are inspiring to me... Thanks

A

arpoador

Lumix G2, PL 45mm, f/2.8

Cropped and exported to jpg, no other post.

I think the lens signature here gets overwhelmed by the sensor noise. In this case, I suspect the lens outperforms the sensor, in traditional terms.

No a particularly interesting bokehograph, but an interesting interaction of the sensor and lens on a bokeh.

kds315

Another (unknown to me) Helianthus variety... (the BG flowers are white but the OOF CA of that simple lens makes them appear blue)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Lumix G2, PL 45mm, f/2.8

Cropped and exported to jpg, no other post.

I think the lens signature here gets overwhelmed by the sensor noise. In this case, I suspect the lens outperforms the sensor, in traditional terms.

No a particularly interesting bokehograph, but an interesting interaction of the sensor and lens on a bokeh.
I like this picture a lot - mainly because of composition and color. I am not conscious of noise in this image - viewing it on the web
I think that in bokehgraphy you have to face noise head-on and make it work for you in your final picture. I have done this a lot with the images I've posted.

Well done :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Keith