The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

kevinparis

I am just trying to save on scroll time... 50% images always on the flickr site

cheers

K

Kevin - this one is dear to my heart. I did 10 years of Physics before I figured out another way to go.

Looks like I can see the photographer in the central ball - love to see you post these larger - go for broke at 1200 pixels

Keith

M5-Guy

This one got my attention :thumbs:
Wonderful detail and OOF areas. I like the almost BW look too..Natural I'm sure.
Do you find a long lens (Like the 150mm), difficult to focus on the G1? That is: with all the movement the slightest camera movement.

This is with the Oly Zuiko 150mm/f4

Keith

Winkel

Hi Winkel

This is my Steinheil - your pics show that it is a wonderful lens for bokehgraphy. And that is my experience in the earlydays of using it

Keith
Very nice - yours appears to be the third version (of four) whereas mine is the second and in noticeably worse shape. I must say, the stop-down lever is a bit of a pain so I shoot wide open 99% of the time.

I look forward to seeing more examples from this lens.

Jim

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
This one got my attention :thumbs:
Wonderful detail and OOF areas. I like the almost BW look too..Natural I'm sure.
Do you find a long lens (Like the 150mm), difficult to focus on the G1? That is: with all the movement the slightest camera movement.
Hi M5-Guy

These Oly Zuiko long focus lenses feel like they were designed for M4/3, which they almost were (1/2 frame image roughly the same size as the M4/3 sensor) - they are very small and easy to hand hold.

I try to shoot with the highest speed possible and I am trying now not to recompose the image when leaving magnified focus. I get it the best magnified focus I can and then just press the button.

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I guess most people on this thread will already know about the newly announced Fuji x100.

Now bokehgraphers can use a rangefinder style camera without the need for an external EVF

Keith

kds315

Carl Meyer Videostigmat f1.0 1.5" (38mm), shot fully open... (there is a sep. thread for that high speed 1954 lens I just got)

kds315

Thanks Keith, mine too!

Indeed a fun lens to use! Here more "bokelishous" of that f1.0 Videostigmat lens:

kds315

Thanks Jim, well I have portraits, but no allowance to show them, as my "model" does not want me to ... the lens certainly is not the reason ;) Maybe I ask my grown up kids to pose for me ...