The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Michiel

What is this "special combination" ?

Remember that we are all friends, but in the end we will steal your stuff :deadhorse:

These are lovely.

Keith

kds315

Wow! :bugeyes:

Klaus, you've got me lusting after this lens! Dare I ask how it handles portraits?

Jim
Here ya go...

@Michiel: very nice ones! Also interested what this >>special combination<< is... (a close-up diopter lens?)

Michiel Schierbeek

You want me to reveal all my secrets :D :confused:

Just plane simple a 3x tele converter with in this case a Pentacon 50/1.8
You loose on sharpness but you gain a lot on bokeh.
It does work really well for interesting bokeh.

This converter came with a lousy Steinheil Cassarit 50/2.8 standard lens, which is also very dirty inside. Can't get the front element off, to clean it.

- Family of the cauliflower -

G1 + 3x Teleconverter + Pentacon 50/1.8​

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
You want me to reveal all my secrets :D :confused:

Just plane simple a 3x tele converter with in this case a Pentacon 50/1.8
You loose on sharpness but you gain a lot on bokeh.
It does work really well for interesting bokeh.

This converter came with a lousy Steinheil Cassarit 50/2.8 standard lens, which is also very dirty inside. Can't get the front element off, to clean it.

- Family of the cauliflower -

G1 + 3x Teleconverter + Pentacon 50/1.8​
Michiel

I'm going to steal your stuff - as I have many times in the past. That bokeh behind the sedum is something to behold. As long as you keep trail blazing, us followers will boost the sales of used photo equipment across the globe.

Keith

Here is another from my Sima soft focus - these are my anniversary roses one week later

"White Roses Dying"

Hope you can see them - this is like a dirty old oil painting

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

Drinking a cup of thee after collecting an old box full a Ihagee Dresden stuff, manuals, old films, an ext. tube, filters, a little Zeiss Jena Proxar 2x28,5 lens (anyone who knows how I can make use of this close up lens?) and more stuff + a Komura 135/3.5 and an Accura 35/2.8 lens with nice hoods. Both lenses in good condition. € 25-- One of my better days :D

This lens focusses as close as 20 cm.

- Thea -

G1 + Accura 35/2.8 @ 400 iso​

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Drinking a cup of thee after collecting an old box full a Ihagee Dresden stuff, manuals, old films, an ext. tube, filters, a little Zeiss Jena Proxar 2x28,5 lens (anyone who knows how I can make use of this close up lens?) and more stuff + a Komura 135/3.5 and an Accura 35/2.8 lens with nice hoods. Both lenses in good condition. € 25-- One of my better days :D

This lens focusses as close as 20 cm.
Michiel - seems like we are in synch

The UPS man bought me a box after hours today - he said you always seem so enthusiastic to get your parcels ( I call him Santa Claus)

This time we have a Schacht Travegon 135/4.5 for $10 - but with a "frozen focus" - I need to get in there.

A mint Schacht 135/4.5 Albinar for $50, and a Steinheil Culminar 135/4.5 near mint in a wonderful leather case for $50

Now I have 135's coming out of my ears - need to slow down

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel - seems like we are in synch

The UPS man bought me a box after hours today - he said you always seem so enthusiastic to get your parcels ( I call him Santa Claus)

This time we have a Schacht Travegon 135/4.5 for $10 - but with a "frozen focus" - I need to get in there.

A mint Schacht 135/4.5 Albinar for $50, and a Steinheil Culminar 135/4.5 near mint in a wonderful leather case for $50

Now I have 135's coming out of my ears - need to slow down

Keith
Keith - What would second hand world trade do without us :rolleyes:

I got also a Schacht 135/3.5 a black/zebra model. That Steinheil sounds interesting too.

There must be millions of 135's out there. BTW I red somewhere that those leather cases can stimulate the forming of fungus in a lens due to its animal substance. :confused:
I always leave them out because of this. Some of those cases are completly pulverised on the inside anyway.
So now I have a seperate collection of leather cases :ROTFL:

Cheers, Michiel

f6cvalkyrie

So now I have a seperate collection of leather cases :ROTFL:
Hi Michiel,

isn't that a good subject for a bokehgraph ?

C U
Rafael
whose Exakta/µ4/3 adapter came in half an hour ago,
so lunchtime will go to shooting with that "monster" Enna Muenchen Tele-Ennalyt 400/4.5
that came in from France last week (@ 100 Euro, mint condition) :D

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi Leica77,

Good find and lovely images; the soap bubbles combinded with the bokeh bubbles!
I am gonna steal this subject from you :cool: , if you don't mind :)

All the best,
Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi Leica77,

All the best,
Michiel
+3 million

What a wonderful idea to include real bubbles into the bokeh!!

I think I may steal it too :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi Michiel,

isn't that a good subject for a bokehgraph ?

C U
Rafael
whose Exakta/µ4/3 adapter came in half an hour ago,
so lunchtime will go to shooting with that "monster" Enna Muenchen Tele-Ennalyt 400/4.5
that came in from France last week (@ 100 Euro, mint condition) :D
Raf - where are the pictures? - looks like you got a good deal :salute: :talk028:

Keith

f6cvalkyrie

The last new lens for this year :confused:

(I think so, my SWMBO orders so, but we all know better, don't we ....)

Rafael's FLAD #29, G1 with ENNA München Tele-Ennalyt 400/4.5

Very heavy lens, I'm about at the max of what my tripod can handle.
So, maybe it was the last lens, but, I need a new tripod :deadhorse:

C U,
Rafael

R

radatax

Nice pix everyone, some of these older lenses have got loads of character. I love the soft, swirly bokeh and sharp center from the Videostigmat.

Here's a shot from a Nikkor AIS 50/1.8 shot wide open on a GF1. Surprisingly it's not as sharp on the M4/3 body compared to an APS-C Nikon, certainly not as sharp as the Panasonic 20/1.7, and it also has a glow under certain kinds of lighting. It's pretty good for a small and fast tele though :)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Nice pix everyone, some of these older lenses have got loads of character. I love the soft, swirly bokeh and sharp center from the Videostigmat.

Here's a shot from a Nikkor AIS 50/1.8 shot wide open on a GF1. Surprisingly it's not as sharp on the M4/3 body compared to an APS-C Nikon, certainly not as sharp as the Panasonic 20/1.7, and it also has a glow under certain kinds of lighting. It's pretty good for a small and fast tele though :)

Very nice image, radatax - that Nikkor has an intesting bokeh :thumbs:

Keith

Leica 77

Hi Leica77,
All the best,
Michiel
Hi Michiel,
Thank you very much for your kind comments! Taking the images of soap bubbles was a lot of fun. Fast shutter speeds were used as the bubbles flew so fast owing to the strong wind. :)

Leica 77

+3 million
What a wonderful idea to include real bubbles into the bokeh!!
I think I may steal it too :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
Keith
Hi Keith,
Many thanks for your kind comments. The autumn sun was behind the big trees and created some good bokeh through the leaves. As I mentioned to Michiel, it was a lot of fun taking the images of these real bubbles. :)