The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Michiel Schierbeek

I love the stuff you are doing these days, Michiel. Expecially those oozy structured bokehs

Are you printing any of these?

Keith
Thanks Keith! Not in the printing stage yet, but I am thinking about it.
Still experimenting. Glad you see what I am trying to do. :)

As I sad you loose some in sharpness of the in focus subject but you gain so
much in bokeh, that I think it is worth it.

Here are 2 more.

- Last flower -

G1 + Canon FL 35/2.5 + Komura Telemore 95 II

- Purple dream -

G1 + Pentacon 50/1.8 + 3X Teleconverter​

seakayaker

Michiel, love the soft focus effect in the First 'Purple Dream' shot above! Very Nice with some lovely soft bokeh.

In the 'Last Flower' shot it is interesting that the same lens, Canon FL 35/2.5 + Komura Telemore 95 II, was used with the first 'Purple Dream' shot with a different look as far as the sharpness and bokeh. Different aperture setting?

Great colors in the second 'Purple Dream' shot as well as some great bokeh!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

. . . . . what a difference a day makes, cool and overcast this morning on a walk through the Arboretum and out to Foster Island.

Red Berries

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 40mm f1.4 -- ISO 100 -- f1.4 -- 1/125

Moss on Tree

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 40mm f1.4 -- ISO 100 -- f1.4 -- 1/100

Yellow Flowers

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 40mm f1.4 -- ISO 100 -- f1.4 -- 1/125

Life is Grand!

Dan

~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel, love the soft focus effect in the First 'Purple Dream' shot above! Very Nice with some lovely soft bokeh.

In the 'Last Flower' shot it is interesting that the same lens, Canon FL 35/2.5 + Komura Telemore 95 II, was used with the first 'Purple Dream' shot with a different look as far as the sharpness and bokeh. Different aperture setting?

Great colors in the second 'Purple Dream' shot as well as some great bokeh!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)
Hi, thanks Dan! :)

I think, it just has to do with the difference in distance of the background subjects, which do show more with the teleconverters.
I think they were both shot wide open, but not 100% sure :confused:

Michiel

OlliL

Thank you Keith!

Yes that`s the lens from China.
On another forum, someone called it the 20 bucks Noctilux, because of this shot. :LOL:

I think that goes way to far, but due to the bad quality of the lenses it produces a very swirly bokeh.

And the size is amazing. :wtf:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thank you Keith!

Yes that`s the lens from China.
On another forum, someone called it the 20 bucks Noctilux, because of this shot. :LOL:

I think that goes way to far, but due to the bad quality of the lenses it produces a very swirly bokeh.
OlliL

I have this lens and his bigger brother - Mike Regnier on the blends thread also has done some great things with it.

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Here is one from Spain - which I don't think I've posted before

"Three Chairs"

G1, tilt adapter with Pentax 50/1.4

Keith

Leica 77

Here is one from Spain - which I don't think I've posted before
"Three Chairs"
G1, tilt adapter with Pentax 50/1.4
Keith
Hi Keith,
Wow! It's a great bokehgraph! I love the colors and beautiful bokeh. "Three Chairs" and Three Cheers! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)

seakayaker

. . . . . thank you Rafael, Leica, and Michiel for your greetings and kind workds!

Still in a very nice relaxed space after returning from vacation last week!

Ava

GF1 with Leica Summicron - M Aspherical 35mm f/2 -- ISO 100 -- f2 -- 1/1300

Rudbeckia ~ Black Eyed Susans

GF1 with Leica Summicron - M Aspherical 35mm f/2 -- ISO 100 -- f2.8 -- 1/800

Ava with Rudbeckia ~ Black Eyed Susans

GF1 with Leica Summicron - M Aspherical 35mm f/2 -- ISO 100 -- f2.8 -- 1/400

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

f6cvalkyrie

Sorry for being so absent from this topic the last days, both in commenting and in posting. I have a few other things on my mind :(

Here's one that I shot a few weeks ago, with the G1 and the 45-200 @ 200mm, handheld.

No flowers in this one ;)

C U,
Rafael