The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

seakayaker

. . . . . then a short walk this evening prior to the sun setting in the fading light . . . . .

Anemones

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Planar T* 45mm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f2 -- 1/250

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Planar T* 45mm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f2 -- 1/320

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Planar T* 45mm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f2 -- 1/250

Life is Grand!
~ ;)

f6cvalkyrie

Hi,
yesterday was a bright and sunny day, so I took my G1 and the Pentax/Cosmicar 25/1.4 out of the drawer full of lenses (;)) for a walk in our local park.

Have fun,
Rafael

seakayaker

Hi,
yesterday was a bright and sunny day, so I took my G1 and the Pentax/Cosmicar 25/1.4 out of the drawer full of lenses (;)) for a walk in our local park.

Have fun,
Rafael
Rafael . . . . . the photo didn't quite capture the bright sunshine . . . . .

perhaps taken during an eclipse of the sun? :D

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

. . . . . well after a Satuday where 1.21 inches (3.1 cm) of rain fell and another 0.74 inches (1.9 cm) on Sunday it was clear, cool and sunny today!

Took a walk about the Georgetown P-patch this evening and took a few photos . . . . . .

Cosmos & Echinacea

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Contax G Planar T* 45mm f/2 -- ISO 100 -- f/2 -- 1/500

Cosmos

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Contax G Planar T* 45mm f/2 -- ISO 100 -- f/2 -- 1/400

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

@ Dan, Your Planar makes amazing images! (In your hands, of course.)

@ Ollil, Very cute dog with a nice blur. :)

Two more from yesterday from the little harbour of Marken, Holland.

- Ropes and lines 1 -

G1 = Leica Elmarit 90/2.8

- Ropes and lines2 -

G1 = Leica Elmarit 90/2.8​

seakayaker

@ Dan, Your Planar makes amazing images! (In your hands, of course.)

@ Ollil, Very cute dog with a nice blur. :)

Two more from yesterday from the little harbour of Marken, Holland.

- Ropes and lines2 -

G1 = Leica Elmarit 90/2.8​

Michiel, love the boat bokeh! Nicely Done!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Klaus

This is a wonderful illustration of how the character of the lens can be used for artistic expression, all be it in a way that a lot of photographers don't understand.

Wonderful stuff

Keith

Thanks Keith!

Yes, I did take time to "design" that. Here another one of that series..

++1 on Keith's comment! Definitely "Wonderful Stuff!"

Nice to see the thread alive and well with contributions from new faces and old hands!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Dahlia Garden ~ Volunteer Park ~ Seattle, WA

Gf1 with Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 90mm f2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f2.8 -- 1/160

and

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Contax G Planar T* 45mm f/2 -- ISO 100 -- f/2 -- 1/2500

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
The images from everyone get better and better - its difficult to assimilate them all at once. I'm going to comment a bit later after they have been posted. That way we get to see them again.

This is one from my autumn leaves, early sun project. Easy to do, as I just need to open my front door early morning, pick up the newspaper - and take a picture.

The translucency of these leaves is incredible with low powerful sun in the morning. (I'm hung up on translucency because of the new Sony a55) :deadhorse:

Keith

Oly 150/f4 with G1

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Is the sparrow to sharp in focus for a bokehthread?

- Eating my applecrumbles -

G1 + Leica R Elmarit 90/2.8​
I love sparrows - they are bold and cheeky

After all this time I don't think we are too rigorous on what is a bokehgraph. I think the idea is that most of the image is out of focus. In the early days I suggested that this might mean 25% in focus/75% out of focus. I always give my images a little test on this one (I put the image through my cad program and draw a grid over the top - then manually count the squares that are in an out of focus. I was slow at first, but now I have got this down to 90 minutes per image - so I am happy) :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

So the sparrows passed the test

Keith

seakayaker

The images from everyone get better and better - its difficult to assimilate them all at once. I'm going to comment a bit later after they have been posted. That way we get to see them again.

This is one from my autumn leaves, early sun project. Easy to do, as I just need to open my front door early morning, pick up the newspaper - and take a picture.

The translucency of these leaves is incredible with low powerful sun in the morning. (I'm hung up on translucency because of the new Sony a55) :deadhorse:

Keith

Oly 150/f4 with G1

Beautiful shot Keith! Love the bokeh, the grass behind the leaves is quite attractive and my eyes are drawn to it, love the sharp/blur detail it produces blending with the circular bokeh!

What's up with the A55? . . . . . what brought you to the decision to buy the sony? Just wondering what the draw is . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

MRfanny

Not sure what I am supposed to look for in my pics to qualify for this thread so here goes. Don't even know how to post up pics like you guys either..ha