The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

simonclivehughes

Hope you don't mind if I throw in a Sony NEX shot? Took this earlier today up at Golden Ears Provincial Park (outside Vancouver, BC). I used the new Voigtländer 75mm f1.8 lens (at f1.8) with a Raynox M-250 macro lens. Talk about shallow depth of field!!! :eek:

View attachment 36550

Cheers,

Last edited:

seakayaker

Dahlias ~ Volunteer Park ~ Seattle, WA

GF1 with Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH. -- ISO 200 -- f/2 -- 1/1300

and

GF1 with Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH. -- ISO 200 -- f/2 -- 1/500

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

kds315

What beautiful Dahlias have been posted!!

@Dan: That Steinheil Quinon 25mm I have since quite some time, just wanted to give it a try and 1:1 compare to the "crazy bokeh" Cooke Kinic (no wonder as it is a Petzval lens design btw.)

kds315

Schneider (Robot) Xenon f1.9 40mm shot fully open catching the last sun rays of the day...
(there is a separate thread on that lens now...)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Here is one to complement the final image in Klaus's latest threesome - lovely as usual

Last sunlight of the day (Sigma 500mm mirror lens)

Keith

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Best to look at this weird one in negative space:

It is called:

"Local native band tries to save Alice from being beaten up by an old witch with a Brer Rabbit puppet glove"

For what its worth, taken with a G1 and an Oly 70/f2 (nearly got my camera smashed up :deadhorse:)

Keith

kds315

I'm sure it took you a while to figure that one out Keith ;) ;)

I like it a lot though (not even an "acquired taste" ... LOL)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Klaus - I hoped you liked Alice's lovely flowing white dress :rolleyes:

This one is called "I'm looking through you" in tribute to my all time favorite band.

Oly 70/f2

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thank you to all bokehgraphers wherever you may be hiding - we have passed the 60,000 view mark. But we still have a long way to go before we can reach that ornery thread that always gives us trouble "Contax G to MFT adapter - anyone?"

Slau - one day we will get you :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Keith

Leica 77

Thank you to all bokehgraphers wherever you may be hiding - we have passed the 60,000 view mark. But we still have a long way to go before we can reach that ornery thread that always gives us trouble "Contax G to MFT adapter - anyone?"
Slau - one day we will get you :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:: Keith
Hi Keith and All Bokehgraphers,
Congratulations to All of You! Reaching the 60,000 view mark is a profound achievement! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)

Leica 77

... All of this raises a serious question - if we all move off micro 4/3, where does this thread go? It won't be immediate, but more and more people may be adopting these other options. I see that we are already missing a large number of bokehgraphs from people who shoot in other formats and think they can't post on this thread.

Keith
Here is a quote by Michiel Schierbeek:

"Time to plead for a general all camera forum, just for the more specialized threads like this one or the blends thread for example. They don't need to be brand/mount depended.
May be this an idea?" Michiel

From time to time in the past, Keith and others have kindly extended open invitations to bokehgraphers who shoot in other formats to this thread. Though it may be considered a deviation, I support the idea to encourage all bokehgraphers to share their bokehgraphs in this thread at this historic juncture. May I post a piece recently recorded during my sojourn to the Orient?

"A bride in kimono prays before her wedding" at Miyajima, a World Heritage Site designated by UNESCO, in western Japan. D2X + AF18-200mm. :)

seakayaker

Slau - one day we will get you :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Keith
Keith, the attraction to the quality of the Contax G lenses and the search for the ultimate adaptor is as strong as the search for beautiful bokeh!

. . . . . and I say you can have both the Quality Lenses with the beautiful bokeh . . . . . if you do not own a Carl Zeiss Contax G lenses, just let go, release, make the purchase today! This way you can have the joy of contributing to both threads with joy and happiness!

Harmony and peace will follow! :angel:

. . . . . samples of the 45/2 and 90/2.8 on the previous few pages and one more.

Gf1 with Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 90mm f2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f2.8 -- 1/60

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

btw: I recently purchased a Black version of the 90/2.8 to match my GF1. So I will be putting up my Chrome version of the 90/2.8 with Caps, Hood, & Pouch for sale in the near future.