The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

seakayaker

Here is a quote by Michiel Schierbeek:

"Time to plead for a general all camera forum, just for the more specialized threads like this one or the blends thread for example. They don't need to be brand/mount depended.
May be this an idea?" Michiel

From time to time in the past, Keith and others have kindly extended open invitations to bokehgraphers who shoot in other formats to this thread. Though it may be considered a deviation, I support the idea to encourage all bokehgraphers to share their bokehgraphs in this thread at this historic juncture. May I post a piece recently recorded during my sojourn to the Orient?

"A bride in kimono prays before her wedding" at Miyajima, a World Heritage Site designated by UNESCO, in western Japan. D2X + AF18-200mm. :)

Leica, simply a beautiful Bokehgraph! Outstanding!

I am behind the idea 100% that if someone has a photo with some great bokeh then by all means share the wealth. A wonderful idea.

My only request is that they share the camera and lens ID to help educate the rest of us as to the various combinations that can make beautiful bokeh.

Also Congratulations on Passing the 60K mark for people stoping by to view and contribute to this thread!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Thanks Klaus - I hoped you liked Alice's lovely flowing white dress :rolleyes:

This one is called "I'm looking through you" in tribute to my all time favorite band.

Oly 70/f2

Keith

Beautiful Shot Keith! Love the Bokeh!

. . . . . you are dating yourself when making the tribute to your all time favorite band.:D

Was the bokehgraph "Local native band tries to save Alice from being beaten up by an old witch with a Brer Rabbit puppet glove" a tribute to 'Jefferson Airplane?' :cool:

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Schneider (Robot) Xenon f1.9 40mm shot fully open catching the last sun rays of the day...
(there is a separate thread on that lens now...)

Klaus, just a continuation of beautiful bokeh!

You continue to demonstrate the possibilities are endless . . . . .

Love the Grass in the Setting Sun with Bokeh!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
UFO's

We were driving thru a small Czech Village on our way back to Prague and as usual, I had my camera with me, so I started shooting. My first attempt was promising, so I shot another twenty or so shots. This is one of my favorites.

Mike

seakayaker

Mike, I like the texture, the colors and the circular lights where the sharp to soft blur bokeh is most noticeable to my eye . . . . . I like the shot although I have no idea how you reached the endpoint, and it really is not that important!

Nicely done!

Bird of Paradise ~ Volunteer Park Conservatory ~ Seattle, WA

GF1 with Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH. -- ISO 100 -- f/2 -- 1/1000

Carnivorous Plants ~ Volunteer Park Conservatory ~ Seattle, WA

GF1 with Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH. -- ISO 100 -- f/2 -- 1/800

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

Thank you to all bokehgraphers wherever you may be hiding - we have passed the 60,000 view mark. But we still have a long way to go before we can reach that ornery thread that always gives us trouble "Contax G to MFT adapter - anyone?"

Slau - one day we will get you :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Keith
Keith
Congratulations to you and all of the participants :salute: :salute: :salute:

This moment went well together with some wonderfull new contributions from you, Leica77, Dan, Klaus, M5Guy and Mike. :thumbs:

- Congratulations and a present -

G1 + Aus Jena 135/3.5​

Michiel Schierbeek

Thank you, my dear friends! :)

Changed my name a bit and used my second name instead of my last. To difficult :eek:
This is what it looks like (for a while :)). I hope it doesn't look to pretentious.

- Flower fountain -

f6cvalkyrie

Nothing wrong with "Schierbeek", Michiel :D
Makes me think of "Bierbeek", a small village not too far from where I live, and the litteral translation is "river of beer" ...

And a very nice pic, Michiel !

C U
Rafael

Michiel Schierbeek

In that case, I prefer Winebeek :D

Thanks Rafael. Only the Belgiums and the Dutch know how to pronounce Sch.
All others are hopelesly lost :ROTFL:

Michiel

kds315

Kodak Cine Ektar II f1.9 25mm lunch break walk, shot fully open at f1.9 on GH1 (there is a sep. thread here on that lens with more pics...)

seakayaker

Nothing wrong with "Schierbeek", Michiel :D
Makes me think of "Bierbeek", a small village not too far from where I live, and the litteral translation is "river of beer" ...

And a very nice pic, Michiel !

C U
Rafael
++1!

Wonderful Bokehgraph Michiel! Love the shot . . . . .

I would also vote for the last name of 'Schierbeek' vs going with the middle name of 'Herman.'

The name, 'Michiel Schierbeek Photography' has a much nicer ring than 'Michiel Herman Photography.'

JMHO!

Either name I love your work!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

Tiger Lillies

GF1 with Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Summitar 5cm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f/2 -- 1/50

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Great picture, Dan! Love the colours. This Summitar looks like (another) must have lens. :)

And thanks for the advise guys; I'll sign as usual. ( I don't hear you pronounce my name anyway :ROTFL:)

Michiel